Author Topic: AJK's Trip/Route Planning Thread  (Read 448536 times)

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: AJK's Trip/Route Planning Thread
« Reply #2460 on: February 08, 2023, 09:40:33 PM »
DP for anyone who cares:

I booked a coach revenue flight TLV-BRU directly with SN to connect with J award.

SN charges less for checked luggage in advance of check in (like $70 or so for two bags), but I gambled and didn't buy, hoping that because I was connecting to a flight in J, they'd look past the first leg in Y.

So upon check in *at the business class counter*, I immediately mentioned I was flying to JFK, but connecting in BRU. Agent said she only saw TLV to BRU, so I gave her the PNR for BRU-JFK. She then asked me how many bags I was checking, and I said two. She tagged them all the way to JFK, and didn't charge me a dime. Score.

I am curious to know how your flight from BRU to JFK was? I recently flew them & they had a last minute aircraft swap for a awful Eurowings aircraft which is similar to LH old business class, it was very disappointing.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 09, 2023, 12:50:12 AM »
DP for anyone who cares:

I booked a coach revenue flight TLV-BRU directly with SN to connect with J award.

SN charges less for checked luggage in advance of check in (like $70 or so for two bags), but I gambled and didn't buy, hoping that because I was connecting to a flight in J, they'd look past the first leg in Y.

So upon check in *at the business class counter*, I immediately mentioned I was flying to JFK, but connecting in BRU. Agent said she only saw TLV to BRU, so I gave her the PNR for BRU-JFK. She then asked me how many bags I was checking, and I said two. She tagged them all the way to JFK, and didn't charge me a dime. Score.
Nice! I had the same thing DPS-HKG-ICN-LAX, where the first leg was in Y but the next two were in F. Even though I couldn't check in for the 2nd two flights in DPS (I was on CX to HKG and a separate PNR on KE the rest of the way), they still let me check the F allowance for free in DPS and even tagged the bags through to LAX with F stickers on them and everything (the bags made it, too).

Offline egzactly

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 15, 2023, 12:13:03 AM »
Not sure if this is the right thread. If not, please direct me and I’ll post there.

Im looking for a flight on Friday March 31 from preferably EWR - LAX (or BUR), but honestly any airport drivable from great neck would work. Flights are super expensive around that time probably because of spring break? Open to points/cash.

delta nonstop 7am jfk-lax for 22k points is the cheapest I saw so far.

Any tips/advice/help/comments would be appreciated.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2463 on: September 07, 2023, 07:05:23 PM »
awardnexus, milez.biz, awardace, flyermiler....

While Award Charts are mostly out, there still are ranges. Is there anything like this that still works? Milez.biz has some info but seems quite outdated. Others don't seem to work at all.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2464 on: September 20, 2023, 11:17:20 AM »
Leaving NYC-PTY on Monday, IYH, if Mashiach doesn't come first. For a thurs return, have a few options. WWYD?

• UA Y, PTY-EWR, 930AM-3:51PM for 12.5K AC + $121 USD
  • UA J, PTY-EWR, 930AM-3:51PM for 25K AC + $121 USD
  • CM Y, PTY-JFK 943PM-3:54AM (redeye) for 12.5K AC + $121 USD
  • CM J, PTY-JFK 943PM-3:54AM (redeye) for 55K AF + $110 USD
  • CM J, PTY-JFK, 637PM-12:53AM (lie-flat!) for 55K MR
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2465 on: September 20, 2023, 11:19:04 AM »
Also, TIL that AF has access to CM (Copa) inventory that AC does not.

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2466 on: September 20, 2023, 01:27:38 PM »
Leaving NYC-PTY on Monday, IYH, if Mashiach doesn't come first. For a thurs return, have a few options. WWYD?

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 20, 2023, 01:53:46 PM »
Lose an entire day that way, though, on an already short trip.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 20, 2023, 04:48:02 PM »

• UA Y, PTY-EWR, 930AM-3:51PM for 12.5K AC + $121 USD
  • CM Y, PTY-JFK 943PM-3:54AM (redeye) for 12.5K AC + $121 USD
  • CM J, PTY-JFK 943PM-3:54AM (redeye) for 55K AF + $110 USD
  • CM J, PTY-JFK, 637PM-12:53AM (lie-flat!) for 55K MR
I would def do 630pm flatbed
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: January 03, 2024, 02:07:40 PM »
Just booked world's shortest international flight.