Author Topic: Beautiful Unity Song (Rubashkin campaign)  (Read 23152 times)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Beautiful Unity Song (Rubashkin campaign)
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
Check out this beautiful remake of an old MBD song for the Unityforjustice.com Rubashkin campaign.

&feature=player_embedded

Offline md

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful Unity Song (Rubashkin campaign)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:51:48 PM »
Beautiful!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:26:23 PM »
Wow, very very nice!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »
That must be one of the most beautiful videos I've seen. Thanks!

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
Its amazing, they really did a good job.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »
Pictures of all the singers: http://unityforjustice.com/gallery/

http://unityforjustice.com/documentary/
"The Unity project has put together a keepsake set, featuring:

A documentary film about the Rubashkin family and the myriad acts of kindness they performed for so many. Additionally the documentary features a rare peek inside the personal lives of Jewish music stars as they come together to use their distinctive talents to benefit federal prisoner Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin.

An audio CD featuring both the Unity song and bonus tracks

And a full color CD booklet containing photographs and biographies of the artists, lyrics to the song and more.

Produced by – Danny Finkelman
Directed by – Mauricio Arenas
Original Soundtrack by – Eli Lishinsky

This collectors edition DVD will be mailed free of charge to all who donate $25.00 or more to the Rubashkin defense fund."

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:53:35 AM »
very nice jobe well done!!! :)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
very nice.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
 hes where he belongs! however I admitt 27 yrs is way too long but since its not the 1st time he had problems with Illegals and minors hes a repeat offender. He also didnt want any plea deal so this is what happens when it doesnt go your way and you roll the dice , you dont always win

the saying goes if you dont want to do the Time dont do the Crime

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 11:45:48 PM »
hes where he belongs! however I admitt 27 yrs is way too long but since its not the 1st time he had problems with Illegals and minors hes a repeat offender. He also didnt want any plea deal so this is what happens when it doesnt go your way and you roll the dice , you dont always win

Translation:
He's a Lubavitcher so let him rot in jail for the rest of his life.
And since I'm too lazy to familiarize myself with the most basic facts of the case I'll just repeat all the propaganda put forth by the anti-Semites / anti-religious at PETA, the forward etc.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:51:31 PM by whYME »

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 11:46:42 PM »

How do u talk like that, even if that is the way you feel, he is your fellow jew! - True, he made a mistake, but the ruling ordered upon him is far from justice.

I really loved the video, may we merit to dance with him, very soon!!

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 11:59:17 PM »
Translation:
He's a Lubavitcher so let him rot in jail for the rest of his life.
And since I'm too lazy to familiarize myself with the most basic facts of the case I'll just repeat all the propaganda put forth by the anti-Semites / anti-religious at PETA, the forward etc.

Not at all but it seems your Translation is Hes a Lubavitcher so he can do whatever he wants to regardless of the Law and therefore its not possible for him to be guilty since our community benefited from Him. And since hes a fellow Chabadnik he should go free no matter what the facts are it doesnt matter as we are above the law

If you bothered to have read what I said I did say 27 yrs was too much but he does deserve a long sentence just not that long

Ive kept with the case and you seem to only want to believe whatever your side says is the truth

again its very simple if a person doesnt want to do the Time dont do the Crime, dont know how to tell you but he isnt Innocent, the question is how much time should he have gotten, and not if hes Innocent or Guilty he is Guilty!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:34:37 AM by steve2 »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 12:04:51 AM »

How do u talk like that, even if that is the way you feel, he is your fellow jew! - True, he made a mistake, but the ruling ordered upon him is far from justice.

I really loved the video, may we merit to dance with him, very soon!!

although he wasnt charged in the end with hiring Illegals or Minors he was caught having done that once before, a person with any Brains would have refrained from returning to doing that. But the basis of his biz was if he had to use non-illegals and non -minors he would either have had to raise his prices alot or make alot less Profit. He made his decission and now must live with it. The Sprinker is also sitting in jail why isnt there a campaign to free him? Lets start making songs for him as well as the 100s of Frummer who are both in State and Federal lockups for white collar crimes
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:35:53 AM by steve2 »

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
since its not the 1st time he had problems with Illegals and minors hes a repeat offender.
although he wasnt charged in the end with hiring Illegals or Minors
(actually, he was charged with hiring minors and found not guilty, but since you're following the case so closely you obviously know that)
If you bothered to have read what I said I did say 27 yrs was too much but he does deserve a long sentence just not that long
So in other words it's like I said initially, you're saying he "deserves a long sentence" for the bank charges he was convicted of because of allegations of wrongdoings for which he was either not charged or found not guilty.

a person with any Brains would have refrained from returning to doing that.
I know, what could he possibly have been thinking? every other Slaughterhouse and meatpacking plant in the US employs only US citizens, how could Rubashkin possibly think he'd get away with it??

again its very simple if a person doesnt want to do the Time dont do the Crime
Right, so because he "did the crime" that would normally get a slap on the wrist he should sit in jail for "a long time"

dont know how to tell you but he isnt Innocent, the question is how much time should he have gotten, and not if hes Innocent or Guilty he is Guilty!
1. He can be "guilty" and still be a victim here. Whether he's a victim of an overzealous prosecutor, anti-semitism, biased-judge, special interests (e.g. PETA, the unions) whatever, take your pick (all of the above?) bottom line is he does not appear to have gotten a fair shake...
2. You're right, that's exactly the point. If you compare him to the sentences in similar cases he should've been out by now.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 01:26:04 AM »
(actually, he was charged with hiring minors and found not guilty, but since you're following the case so closely you obviously know that)So in other words it's like I said initially, you're saying he "deserves a long sentence" for the bank charges he was convicted of because of allegations of wrongdoings for which he was either not charged or found not guilty.
I know, what could he possibly have been thinking? every other Slaughterhouse and meatpacking plant in the US employs only US citizens, how could Rubashkin possibly think he'd get away with it??
Right, so because he "did the crime" that would normally get a slap on the wrist he should sit in jail for "a long time"
1. He can be "guilty" and still be a victim here. Whether he's a victim of an overzealous prosecutor, anti-semitism, biased-judge, special interests (e.g. PETA, the unions) whatever, take your pick (all of the above?) bottom line is he does not appear to have gotten a fair shake...
2. You're right, that's exactly the point. If you compare him to the sentences in similar cases he should've been out by now.

1- FWIW I believe The Spinker Rebbe is where he belongs as well and he isnt a Lubob.

2- the Big diffrence between SR and the others is the others pleaded Guilty and thusly got less time to be served. The Sprinker also pleaded Guilty and thusly got off lightly I think 18 months

I dont believe you can thusly compare  anyone who pleaded guilty to 1 who pleaded not guilty, come back where others in teh same sit pleaded not guilty and got only a slap on their wrist

I have no problems with SR getting  a new trail if thats what either the Appeals or Supreme Court finds , but he wont beable to plead Guilty and will be retried based on his being Not Guilty. But will CH say if both of those Courts stay the Sentence that was handed down
that both of those Courts are anti-semites as well as everyone out in Iowa? truth is both courts I believe can decide not to even hear teh case and let teh sentence stand as is.

My gut tells me that unless SR is set free that CH will simply keep saying hes been Wronged.

If I get a moving violation (tkt) from a cop and I fight it in court, then the amount of $$ due is thrown out and the Judge has every right to set whatever amount they feel is correct. so pleading Guilty and paying might mean say 3 pts and $125 fine , going to court can mean in the end 3 pts and any amount in fines, its usually a min of 10% more if teh judge feels you had a god story but no proof and didnt prove you werent guilty. Carry on and let stupid things come out of your mouth and be prepared for a very expensive fine amount.

we can go back and forth in the end the real reason they went full steam after him still isnt fully known. You can say what you want Prove it

lastly I know a number of Rabbis that feel Weinstein should be set free since he gave so much $$$ to Yeshivas and different Frum organizations they feel hes a Zadick. They refuse to accept that the $$ he gave away was stolen from other Frum Jews and say well he didnt have to give any of it away, but he did and thusly we should work on getting him freed,after all he did for the community.I say he should ROT after all he did TO the community

what SR did was against the law, he gambled and lost and instead of agreeing to a plea agreement took his chances on walking away free. He Lost , there is an appeals process in this Country and he should go down that road and hope for the best, but for the time being hes where he belongs

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 02:04:32 AM »
So basically your whole argument is based on the (false) premise that he was offered a fair plea deal which he turned down...

My gut tells me that unless SR is set free that CH will simply keep saying hes been Wronged.
Regardless of how it will ultimately turn out, pretty much everyone other than you haters at PETA, the unions, the forward and in lakewood agree that he has been wronged.

If I get a moving violation (tkt) from a cop and I fight it in court, then the amount of $$ due is thrown out and the Judge has every right to set whatever amount they feel is correct. so pleading Guilty and paying might mean say 3 pts and $125 fine , going to court can mean in the end 3 pts and any amount in fines, its usually a min of 10% more if teh judge feels you had a god story but no proof and didnt prove you werent guilty. Carry on and let stupid things come out of your mouth and be prepared for a very expensive fine amount.
Traffic court is an excellent example. The Cop claims whatever he wants and the onus is on you to prove your innocence instead of on the prosecution to prove your guilt.

two questions for you:
1. do you really believe justice was served?
2. according to you, how long does he deserve to sit in jail for?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 04:25:03 AM »
Steve2, you will agree that you don't like lubavitch, right?
You know that people know that you are not a fan of 770 & co.

So why say your "dayos" just to unpleasantly tickle peoples emotions here on DD.

A lot of Rabbis are serving time and for some reason, people aren't so keen to get them released, at least not to this extent.
Have we all been bribed?

On another hand, I believe -and so do most people around the globe- that the fact that the USA punishes so harshly people with crimes such as circumventing tax, etc, to the extend where it surpasses by far, violent crimes.

It shows where the whole brain and heart of the USA government lies...

Now, if you look at what the obama administration did with the stimulus, you feel like killing the guy (that's if you pay tax). If needed I will post some examples.

I believe that we can safely assume that the higher the court, ie the closer to the top, the more it stinks.

That's a very short and simple explanation, but the one that wants to understand will understand.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:31:54 AM by SuperFlyer »

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:13:25 AM »
Mods please close this thread and delete the above posts. There are great pedestals in Hyde Park for people like Steve2.

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »
Well at least steve is not a coward and says what he thinks, even if he gets over the head for it.
I dont want to agree to steve. I dont know the case well enough and just read the media (as most over here) its clear that they picked on him because that he is a jew and other reasons. Unfortunatly he gave them something to pick on. But he should have never gotten such a sentence. The same goes with pollard. We jiden have to realize that we are in golus and also in "free" america they hate jews.
This being said i think its nice that people get together to make a nice song and show support. There also was a major campaign for the guys in japan. Again these were people that did some illegal and claimed they didnt know. I just think its a pity that we only spend time and koiches in the frum comunity about such cases, but guys like shalit, a brother of ours, nothing is done. He for sure didnt commit a crime. May all people that deserve to come out of jail be freed.