Topic Wiki

How to get someone at eBay (as a seller) who can actually help you:

Message them on Facebook (sounds weird buy I've done it and it works)

DM them on Twitter. (I've never done it but heard stories of success)

eBay Fee Calculators:

FinalFeeCalc

Author Topic: eBay: Master Thread  (Read 399937 times)

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Selling something on ebay
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
How about scamming him back through a different name and recap ur loss

if he is a yid ask a shaleh
Even if you would work out all the logisitics how to scam him. It is not advisable, because eBay can catch you through IP's and close both accounts.

Offline Name Changed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2012, 11:51:34 PM »
Even if you would work out all the logisitics how to scam him. It is not advisable, because eBay can catch you through IP's and close both accounts.
True

If you wanna get him back, you could just buy something from your account ... Open a case you'll win...

Also you could block specific ebay members from buying items from you... So you could block him from future items you are gonna sell

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »
Name Changed  - Even better, if he 100% feedback, you could kill  him. Buy something from him and leave negative feedback! There is no better fealing than that!

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2012, 01:00:22 AM »
Name Changed  - Even better, if he 100% feedback, you could kill  him. Buy something from him and leave negative feedback! There is no better fealing than that!

He can dispute the negative feedback. 

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:03 AM »
True, But only if the feedback is against ebay's policy ... If you leave negative feedback for something like "defective product..." he cant dispute it...

I have fought with ebay to remove a negative feedback that was really unjust and I got no where ...

I have got negative feedback removed in a case where it was left against ebay's policy - feedback extortion

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 01:13:31 AM »
Very Hard. And ypu only get 2 or so disputes a year. eBay really makes it hard for us sellers. Not sure why!

Offline trying123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2012, 01:28:29 PM »
Is it possible to sell on eBay with out giving out ur name to the buyers (sorry for asking such a layman's question I never sold on eBay ) if not possible y is no one scared tht a buyer or seller will hunt them down if they fail to achieve their dispute via eBay

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03:41 PM »
Is it possible to sell on eBay with out giving out ur name to the buyers (sorry for asking such a layman's question I never sold on eBay ) if not possible y is no one scared tht a buyer or seller will hunt them down if they fail to achieve their dispute via eBay
If you put register your ebay account under a fake name ... But ebay might realize, and suspend your account - as they need a CC on file they might realize the name doesnt match the CC ... I am not sure exactly, its been a while since I opened a ebay account

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 05:13:32 PM »
If you put register your ebay account under a fake name ... But ebay might realize, and suspend your account - as they need a CC on file they might realize the name doesnt match the CC ... I am not sure exactly, its been a while since I opened a ebay account

You can just add an AU with the fake name to avoid 'the name matching cc' problem.

If they also check the billing address,  you will have an issue ( if the cc billing address is the same as the address on your primary account. )

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »
How is he gonna recive payment? Paypal gives away the sellers identidy.

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
How is he gonna recive payment? Paypal gives away the sellers identidy.
Good point.

Either way, its gonna be harding faking your info on ebay and paypal, as they work hard to stop fraud, and someone with fake name ect, is the first step to fraud.

I get a few fraudulent payments a week, and paypal usually notifies me minutes later, warning not to ship out the package...

Besides, once you have 1 ebay account already it is difficult to open a second... I have the book in a .pdf that writes how to open a second ebay account under a new identity... (For someone that their original account was suspended)

If you were to follow all the steps, and it will currently work for you, IMHO I don't think it will last too long, as ebay eventually will realize.

I have had my account suspended in the past because they linked me to a suspended ebay account of my wife...

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »
Good point.

I get a few fraudulent payments a week, and paypal usually notifies me minutes later, warning not to ship out the package..

What does that mean? If pp knows that its a fake account,  why don't they shut down the account  before the guy makes any payments? 

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2012, 03:23:03 AM »
What does that mean? If pp knows that its a fake account,  why don't they shut down the account  before the guy makes any payments?
These fraudulent payments are - someone that hacks into someone elses paypal account and uses that to pay for an ebay item ... And this paypal catches really quickly

Offline kishke

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »
im selling an ipod on ebay, with buy it now option, someone from india, with zero feedbacks wants i should sell it for him, and write it as gift,and write that its worth 50$, to save him custom fees, why should i or should i not do it? i have over 600 positive feedbacks, if that makes diff.

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
im selling an ipod on ebay, with buy it now option, someone from india, with zero feedbacks wants i should sell it for him, and write it as gift,and write that its worth 50$, to save him custom fees, why should i or should i not do it? i have over 600 positive feedbacks, if that makes diff.
I ship a lot Internationally, I usually mark the items a little lower to save they buyer on some custom fees.

I dont know if you ever shipped internationally, and what service you plan on using .... USPS Priority Mail is pretty cheap (FC Mail is cheaper) make sure to insure it.

He is a 0 feedback buyer, and there is some change that he is stealing someones CC to make the purchase (I get that a lot) but if the Paypal transaction comes up as  Eligible for seller protection than there is nothing to worry about.

Either way as of May-16 you will not be able to ship items that contain Li-ium batteries via USPS internationally

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
Quich Question:
I sold 5 things on ebay last week NOT ONE of the buyers left me feedback!! I know they received their items 3-4 days ago because they all had tracking numbers
I sold these items at a slight loss because i'm trying to build up my rep as a seller, so this is very annoying!
I left them all good feedback...
what gives?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2012, 10:33:33 PM »
Quich Question:
I sold 5 things on ebay last week NOT ONE of the buyers left me feedback!! I know they received their items 3-4 days ago because they all had tracking numbers
I sold these items at a slight loss because i'm trying to build up my rep as a seller, so this is very annoying!
I left them all good feedback...
what gives?

Message them and ask for it.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Selling something on ebay
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »

+1 Just send a friendly reminder that feedback is appreciated. Sometimes it takes people a while. And other times they never leave feedback.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
+1 Just send a friendly reminder that feedback is appreciated. Sometimes it takes people a while. And other times they never leave feedback.
Thanks, will do!
How long does ebay give ppl to leave feedback?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2012, 01:30:20 AM »
How long does ebay give ppl to leave feedback?

60 days from the end of the auction, IIRC.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael