Author Topic: Authorized Users - Pro or Con  (Read 1610 times)

Offline kivabb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Authorized Users - Pro or Con
« on: November 09, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
I was wondering.....adding an authorized user to my card benefits the ease of reaching a certain spending threshold (ie 10K to get 100K on Citibank) .Is there any downside? Meaning if the authorized user is my wife, will that maybe hurt her chances of getting approved at a later time for the fact that it shows her name in the system on a recent application? Or since there’s no social (Amex aside) does it not count? Thanks.

Offline shmiel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Authorized Users - Pro or Con
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Chase seemed to figure me out. My wife applied and added me as an authorized user but didn't give them my social, yet my wife's account shows up on my credit report. I probably CAN remove it based on the fact that I'm not responsible. But I have no clue if that affects my bonus earning possibilities
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:07:49 PM by shmiel »

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
Chase seemed to figure me out. My wife applied and added me as an authorized user but didn't give them my social, yet my wife's account shows up on my credit report. I probably CAN remove it based on the fact that I'm not responsible.
+++100000
Same thing happened to me. I ended up on my wife's without her having given my social. What sneaks!!

Offline mancunian

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:36:39 PM »
same thing happened to me with people that werent my wife and werent at the same adress (close by though)
and it did hurt them b/c i had a balance. when we realized one of them called up to say theres no connection and chase sent me a letter that they removed him as a user (no prob)

but why couldnt you just use a totally fake name and have your wife swipe the card?