Cool thing they also have there is an extensive list of filtering options:
https://filters.pluckeye.net/

Filters for PC:
Call TAG 718-225-5824 (718-Call-TAG)
www.usanativ.com           8-12/mo 95-140/yr per 2 devices     
www.techloq.com (Windows)            9.49/mo 99.49/yr per device
www.NetFree.link (Windows)            free
www.netsafepro.com           10-12/mo per device 9-10/mo additional
www.netsparkmobile.com/ (Android and Windows)            9.50/mo 89/yr per device
www.covenanteyes.com/services/internet-filtering / http://webchaver.org/filtering.php           15.99/mo unlimited devices scree captures
www.netnanny.com (Android, iOS, PC, Mac)           40/yr 55/yr per device
https://truple.io (Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook [iOS coming soon]) - randomly captures and shares screenshots with accountability partner.                                    5-16/mo 50-160/yr (ranging from 1-unlimited devices)

http://www.livigent.com
==built on Livigent==
www.meshimer.com                      8-15/mo per device
www.geder.org
www.gentechsolution.com                   39/qtr per device

More info see https://venishmartem.com/

Israel
https://www.tagisrael.org/
http://www.etrog.net.il/
http://www.enativ.com/
http://netfree.link/
http://www.rimon.net.il/
http://shomer.shoresh.org.il/

For Windows Phone
www.safekiddo.com/en_us/

For Android
https://truple.io/androidfilter.html (Free android filter)

For iPhone/iPad/iOs
Check out their quite easy and powerful content restrictions.
Suggestion: Have someone else have the password (or half and half with a spouse) and do the following:
Lock installing apps + remove browser + add apps you need (possible rules: no games, no sports, no entertainment, etc.).
[Occasionally an app will have a built in browser/or need to access a certain website - just go back in to settings (with password) and add that website].
There is time restrictions and more features too.
(May not be enough for teenagers - consult your own advisers - this solution sure beats doing nothing and there is no excuse)

DNS
https://www.opendns.com/ (can be used in routers or directly in PC) - Free
https://cleanbrowsing.org

Pricing info may not be accurate and is only on full filters (not email only), feel free to correct, and does not include installation costs. I am working on a comprehensive comparison list
here it is
« Last edited by jose34 on March 17, 2024, 12:08:52 AM »

Author Topic: Internet Filters  (Read 631233 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Filters
« Reply #1860 on: October 15, 2017, 11:49:51 PM »
I use their full filter on another device and am happy with it. Looking for a free (or at least cheap) simple AppLock that does the job and does it well
I believe Gentech has a free block apps.

Offline cubicles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: October 16, 2017, 12:18:01 AM »
not what i know of

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: October 17, 2017, 07:24:24 AM »
Are there any companies based on Livigent Filter that offers filtering via VPN connection?

Offline cubicles

• View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:26 AM »
Are there any companies based on Livigent Filter that offers filtering via VPN connection?
i think geder still does not sure

Offline pcgeek

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: October 17, 2017, 12:25:37 PM »

not what i know of
I confirmed they do not. What do guys use

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: October 17, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »
i think geder still does not sure

I called up Geder, they said their application works via VPN, but I would need to run their app, and that would restrict me from connecting to other VPNs. I need a service that allows me to use my own VPN client, i.e. OpenVPN as I need to remotely connect to other intranets daily. Not to mention, their software doesn't even support Macs or Linux.

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: October 18, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »

Try asking NetFree (Israeli based filter).
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #1867 on: October 24, 2017, 08:41:43 AM »
Waitimes at TAG are crazy these days. 30 people waiting in the phone queue is typical.

Update on this:

Shortly after I posted this, the TAG phone system stopped telling you how many people were waiting in the queue!  All summer long, the wait times to speak to a human were between 2 and 3 hours. If you used the callback option and missed the call, you were back at the beginning of the line . After the summer things got much better, down to 30 minute wait times on average, and currently it's much better than that. I presume it had to do with most of their representatives/volunteers going away for the summer (to the country?).

I had to change my settings more leniently so that I didn't need to call in as often as before. But it was still a PITA whenever I needed to call in.

TAG is doing a service for the community,, but it's quite frustrating to the working person when customer service is so hard to get. And we are actually paying a monthly fee for the product to Gentech. I wish they would find a more workable solution, and hope this problem doesn't repeat itself next summer.

Give it a week or two. They're currently training new reps and revamping their system.
It took a lot more than a week or two. It continued all summer long until after Labor Day.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:46:36 AM by Avid Reader »

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: October 24, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »
I called up Geder, they said their application works via VPN, but I would need to run their app, and that would restrict me from connecting to other VPNs. I need a service that allows me to use my own VPN client, i.e. OpenVPN as I need to remotely connect to other intranets daily. Not to mention, their software doesn't even support Macs or Linux.
I had the same with NetSpark that it won't work with Adguard because they are both VPN. My understanding is that only 1 VPN app can be used at one time.
Update on this:

Shortly after I posted this, the TAG phone system stopped telling you how many people were waiting in the queue!  All summer long, the wait times to speak to a human were between 2 and 3 hours. If you used the callback option and missed the call, you were back at the beginning of the line . After the summer things got much better, down to 30 minute wait times on average, and currently it's much better than that. I presume it had to do with most of their representatives/volunteers going away for the summer (to the country?).

I had to change my settings more leniently so that I didn't need to call in as often as before. But it was still a PITA whenever I needed to call in.

TAG is doing a service for the community,, but it's quite frustrating to the working person when customer service is so hard to get. And we are actually paying a monthly fee for the product to Gentech. I wish they would find a more workable solution, and hope this problem doesn't repeat itself next summer.

It took a lot more than a week or two. It continued all summer long until after Labor Day.
what number/location your calling?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: October 24, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »
What number/location your calling?

All calls get routed to the Lakewood office besides calls between 4:00 and 9:00 am.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #1870 on: October 25, 2017, 12:39:21 AM »
Yep, they all got routed to the main number. I would sometimes call the BP office if it was during their business hours and had better luck there.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: October 25, 2017, 12:52:49 AM »
All calls get routed to the Lakewood office besides calls between 4:00 and 9:00 am.
That's a different story... I thought that's the wait during the day. ( I'm not saying that it shouldn't be better )
Yep, they all got routed to the main number. I would sometimes call the BP office if it was during their business hours and had better luck there.
Or Monsey etc

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: October 25, 2017, 08:31:48 AM »
I thought that's the wait during the day.
It was.
 4am-9am is the UK. I've tried that too out of desperation and not much better luck there either.
The recording would actually make sure to mention that 'if you're requesting a callback option, it's only available for the US (ie not the UK)

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: October 25, 2017, 08:37:11 AM »
Or Monsey etc
Not aware of Monsey office. But the situation was pretty bad overall. Even when calling BP, sometimes nobody picked up and I would get the same option offering a callback.
I believe the were  understaffed overall swamped and.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: October 25, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
It was.
 4am-9am is the UK. I've tried that too out of desperation and not much better luck there either.
The recording would actually make sure to mention that 'if you're requesting a callback option, it's only available for the US (ie not the UK)
Was going to ask if you called the UK..
Not aware of Monsey office. But the situation was pretty bad overall. Even when calling BP, sometimes nobody picked up and I would get the same option offering a callback.
I believe the were  understaffed overall swamped and.
Of course. They're an organization with no income

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #1875 on: November 02, 2017, 07:30:42 PM »
how good is the filtering on safe kidoo ?

I use it to block the browsers totally on my Windows Phone, so I don't know how they are in filtering. They can block surfing, App Store etc. I know that it is the only thing I found for the WP that has any basic Parental Controls.

Hatzlacha!
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline WAM

• View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 03, 2017, 01:19:27 AM »
Gentech vs NativUSA for a Windows laptop. What's the difference between the two?
Do either of them have the ability to completely shut down the internet for specific times?

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 03, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »
Gentech vs NativUSA for a Windows laptop. What's the difference between the two?
Do either of them have the ability to completely shut down the internet for specific times?
Both of them offer time restrictions. I think NativUSA is cheaper, and they are generally more conservative in blocking. Their skin color detector is also much more aggressive.
--------------

Speakin' of which, I don't think anyone informed the people over here about a new browser extension (currently for Chrome) "Skin Filter" which blocks skin color in images. It is a great extension and easy to use for people that don't want to unwillingly see pictures which are NSFY (Not Safe For Yiddishkeit... ®).

It is still in development and is quite buggy but it cannot bother to try.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #1878 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
Reported here:
skinfilter.org
^^^

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 03, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »
Native you get first 3 months free, and i think its cheaper.
the filtering on Native i think is much better.
on Native you can setup a few login on your browser, which gives you the ability to either sign out so no one can access the internet at all, or you can setup another login with more filtering.