Author Topic: best luggage  (Read 13466 times)

Offline sawlw

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: best luggage
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 12:42:59 PM »
i have HARTMAN luggage, quite expensive, but they last and they have LIFETIME warranty, i believe with shipping, i personal just brought it into their repair center in NY
http://www.hartmann.com
P.s. dan is right once again.... the best is still soft duffels!!!  ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »
they have LIFETIME warranty
Luggage from Costco also has a lifetime "warranty"
:D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MLM

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »
I have really enjoyed some good solid Lands End luggage. They also stand behind it for Life. I usually buy them on sale.
JEWDA "RIP"

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 113
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Gold, Alaska MVP, Delta Silver, Jetblue Mosaic, JetSmarter Simple, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
I like traveling with the $30-$40 30" long duffels that Costco sells.  Pretty light, can fit a ton of stuff inside, and they can fit into smaller spaces than traditional luggage.

+1, those bags are great!

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »
i am looking where i can get a good suitcase for a good price not a bag and also a hand lugge?

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »
does anyone know of a good cheap weekend bag, preferably something thats waxed canvas or leather?

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2011, 11:22:34 AM »
Hi, I see that most suggestions are to buy at cosco or amazing savings, but I do want to buy a decent set and want something that wheels. Any suggestions???

Offline mringelheim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Carry On Luggage -Spinners (looking for)
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:57 AM »
Hi all - I am looking for a good deal on carry on luggage with the spinning wheels that allow you to carry it sideways.  Please post if you know of anything or have suggestions.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Carry On Luggage -Spinners (looking for)
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 09:58:20 AM »
Marshalls always works best for me
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
Re: Carry On Luggage -Spinners (looking for)
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
Just saw two different ones at Costco that were good quality -- one was a lightweight hard shell, and the other a normal bag.  Both with the spinning wheels...don't remember the price - one of them was part of a set

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Looking for a new set of luggage
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 03:34:07 AM »
Hi all,

My wife and I travel quite a bit - even more since I discovered DansDeals.  ;D We live in Israel, and fly to the USA an average of 2 or 3 times a year, plus the occasional trip from Israel to Europe (e.g. Switzerland), as well as the occasional domestic trip within the USA (e.g. Arizona).

We are looking for a decent set of luggage for our journeys. Nothing fancy; just a really, really good set - durable, quality suitcases that don't weigh too much when empty (airlines are so stingy on luggage these days, it's a shame to waste weight on the body of the suitcase). I don't know much about luggage - mo :ost of the suitcases we've had until now have been the El Cheapo kind you find on the sidewalk in front of discount stores on 13th ave. in Boro Park. Now I'm looking to get away from that, and make a quality investment. We probably need 4 suitcases, each capable of holding 50-70 lbs, as well as two smaller ones (hand luggage size).

Anybody have any recommendations? And it wouldn't hurt if I could get a decent deal on the luggage, too... ;)

Thanks!

Offline aaa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »
I like traveling with the $30-$40 30" long duffels that Costco sells.  Pretty light, can fit a ton of stuff inside, and they can fit into smaller spaces than traditional luggage.

How do you pack clothes like dress pants, dress shirts, suits ect without wrinkling them? Curious how people here pack these items in regular suitcases as well.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a new set of luggage
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:59 AM »
Hi all,

My wife and I travel quite a bit - even more since I discovered DansDeals.  ;D We live in Israel, and fly to the USA an average of 2 or 3 times a year, plus the occasional trip from Israel to Europe (e.g. Switzerland), as well as the occasional domestic trip within the USA (e.g. Arizona).

We are looking for a decent set of luggage for our journeys. Nothing fancy; just a really, really good set - durable, quality suitcases that don't weigh too much when empty (airlines are so stingy on luggage these days, it's a shame to waste weight on the body of the suitcase). I don't know much about luggage - mo :ost of the suitcases we've had until now have been the El Cheapo kind you find on the sidewalk in front of discount stores on 13th ave. in Boro Park. Now I'm looking to get away from that, and make a quality investment. We probably need 4 suitcases, each capable of holding 50-70 lbs, as well as two smaller ones (hand luggage size).

Anybody have any recommendations? And it wouldn't hurt if I could get a decent deal on the luggage, too... ;)

Thanks!
Im happy with my 4 wheel both directions Samsonite. Somewhere in the middle range of their sets.
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
best luggage
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 04:18:39 AM »
Airtran, it was prob. like 70 linear inches.

Same here they measured my suitcase and saw it was to big and charged me 50$ so  when I got home I emailed them saying I was not happy with their customer service and that my suitcase was barley an inch larger than its allowed an the refunded the 50$

Offline chaimmayer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »

Same here they measured my suitcase and saw it was to big and charged me 50$ so  when I got home I emailed them saying I was not happy with their customer service and that my suitcase was barley an inch larger than its allowed an the refunded the 50$
I had a suitcase that was standard size and airtran tried to charge me.   When I told them it was standard size he told me it might have been but whatever I had in the front pocket was making it bulge and causing it to be oversize.  Needless to say i removed it from the front pocket put it elsewhere and avoided the charges but it left me with a bitter taste.