Author Topic: Contacts backup  (Read 5308 times)

Offline moshe_m

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Contacts backup
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
Whats the best app to backup your contacts with a Samsung Android device

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Contacts backup
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 05:03:48 PM »
All your contacts should be stored in your Google account.

Offline DanH

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 06:01:56 AM »
Can't you just export all contacts?
For tech help feel free to Telegram me @DanTechSupp

Offline cfsdf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
As you know, we can't transfer contacts from mobile phone to computer just via the usb connecting, because the computer won't detect it. An android assistant app could help, transfer sms, contacts, photos, etc. from your phone to computer with ease.

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 02:17:16 AM »
Can't you just export all contacts?
Am I missing something here? Were posts deleted? Why do you think he hasn't figured out a solution in 2 years?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 02:22:44 AM »
Am I missing something here? Were posts deleted? Why do you think he hasn't figured out a solution in 2 years?
Lol, he must have been really bored and trying to see all unanswered questions! What a dedicated forum!

On this topic any suggestions how to do the same with a BlackBerry classic to back up all my contacts with my Gmail account? Thanks
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 03:14:00 AM »
Lol, he must have been really bored and trying to see all unanswered questions! What a dedicated forum!

On this topic any suggestions how to do the same with a BlackBerry classic to back up all my contacts with my Gmail account? Thanks
I did it a few years ago when I switched out of BlackBerry I simply exported to a CSV and imported it to Google contacts 

Offline DanH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 03:29:30 AM »
Yea... strange.  Don't know how that happened.  Definitely didn't mean to answer an old question...  Oh well  ::)
For tech help feel free to Telegram me @DanTechSupp

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 09:05:03 AM »
All your contacts should be stored in your Google account.
These days, we're being cautious about that...

Offline nikkapeta

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 10:18:51 AM »

lol The uncontrollable will of bumping two years old threads.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 02:27:39 AM »
I did it a few years ago when I switched out of BlackBerry I simply exported to a CSV and imported it to Google contacts
How does one transfer to a CSV file?

And while on the topic, if I have a Samsung S4 which has a broken lcd which stopped working after dropping on the floor, and now I need to get off all my contacts which are on there, went into the T-mobile store and said they need the touch screen to work in order to transfer the new contacts, any way around that method, by just plugging it into the computer? Ps the phone has a password on the startup page, I know by BlackBerry they allow to access the phone on the computer even though it's locked all you have to do is enter the pass code on the computer and it's unlocked, so now with the s4 does it work the same way? Or any apps or programs which I could download and would help me remove all the contacts on to my new phone? Thanks ( besides for replacing the LCD? ) I do have another way, but want to see if there's another way I don't know off, which would be easier?) thanks 
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 02:54:45 AM »
How does one transfer to a CSV file?

And while on the topic, if I have a Samsung S4 which has a broken lcd which stopped working after dropping on the floor, and now I need to get off all my contacts which are on there, went into the T-mobile store and said they need the touch screen to work in order to transfer the new contacts, any way around that method, by just plugging it into the computer? Ps the phone has a password on the startup page, I know by BlackBerry they allow to access the phone on the computer even though it's locked all you have to do is enter the pass code on the computer and it's unlocked, so now with the s4 does it work the same way? Or any apps or programs which I could download and would help me remove all the contacts on to my new phone? Thanks ( besides for replacing the LCD? ) I do have another way, but want to see if there's another way I don't know off, which would be easier?) thanks
1) I don't remember how I did it. Probably through the BlackBerry desktop or an app.

2) had the same story with my Verizon phone. Unfortunately I was told the same.

Offline Yisroel Tech

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 02:56:17 AM »

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 03:57:38 AM »
This app lets you do it https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37102894/?lang=en
Nice thanks,will check it out.
Last time the BlackBerry techs helped me they managed to erase all my contacts for free!  >:(

1) I don't remember how I did it. Probably through the BlackBerry desktop or an app.

2) had the same story with my Verizon phone. Unfortunately I was told the same.
Just Transferred all my contacts from the phone with the broken LCD, basically took apart the motherboard from the S4 (extremely easy if you know what your doing, or took apart phones before! ) and had a sibling of mine who had an S4 and just swapped the motherboards with the phone which had a working Lcd and now could transfer all my contacts and apps and pics.... worked amazing, took around 20 min or so! Didn't have to waste a penny buying a new lcd to transfer the memory and repairing the old lcd, I just swapped the motherboards back after and gave my sibling the phone back working like never before.

Next project Is to change 2-3 broken screens (S4/S5) will see what happens and how easy it is.

Offline nowk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »
Whats the best app to backup your contacts with a Samsung Android device
There're several methods to backup contacts from samsung, i think it's more convenient and safer to use an app to backup them to computer.

Offline fransherrell

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
    • Reinvent Your Look
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 01:07:51 AM »
These days mostly all Smartphone have the function of exporting the contacts to .CSV file. I prefer downloading the file on to my pc and updating that list every month or so. In case something happens to the phone.

Offline Shehab

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:32 AM »
The common way to backup contacts is to sync with gmail. Then you can export them from it. For me, I have better solutions with Assistant for Android tool. It can not only backup android contacts, but also backup SMS and media files. And you can edit them on computer.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 01:46:56 AM »
This app lets you do it https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37102894/?lang=en
Will try this app, have contacts on my BlackBerry device, and then have contacts connected to my Gmail account, I had some contacts in one but not the other, makes it very annoying as I have a lot of doubles. The only way for me to get rid of that would be by syncing all my contacts to my Gmail account and Gmail would automatically merge all the contacts that are doubles.

Hope this app can help out.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 02:01:15 AM »
Removed my email account from my BlackBerry classic and now can't seem to add it back, keeps on giving me this error?
Wanted to refresh everything as not all the contacts from my Gmail were on my BlackBerry,  Any ideas?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 04:47:05 AM »
Removed my email account from my BlackBerry classic and now can't seem to add it back, keeps on giving me this error?
Wanted to refresh everything as not all the contacts from my Gmail were on my BlackBerry,  Any ideas?

Edit, found a fix on Crackberry forums, seems it's a new issue with BlackBerry, but there was a fix.
 For some odd reason I have doubles of all my contacts, really annoying. #LongLiveBlackBerry...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-passport-f434/cant-sync-contacts-gmail-1165127/