Author Topic: Amex mini shop small promo  (Read 37748 times)

Online smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Amex mini shop small promo
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2014, 11:47:56 PM »
60 emails over a span of about 45 minutes.

Offline rochel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2014, 12:19:33 AM »
Thumbs up to torah treasures!  they got all my cards charged even one that I sent them at 10pm tonight.

Online smurf

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
Thumbs up to torah treasures!  they got all my cards charged even one that I sent them at 10pm tonight.
+1
As you can tell it was a painstaking process
60 emails over a span of about 45 minutes.

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:01 AM »
I emailed them last night.the amex emails started around  4:30 today
ETA: Darn one account wasnt registered. Oh well $15 for over $200 at TT. Not bad
If you ask them, they'll probably give you the credit for the card that wasn't registered.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »
I got emails from amex, my cards were charged on Thursday but on each card so far only one $5 charge posted and amex already credited it back and the remaining two charges are still in pending ???

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »
I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on the $15 shipping deal. When I called (Aug. 28th), I was told that it was only for orders shipping out during August, and since they were backlogged, my order wouldn't be shipped until Sept, and would therefore be charged more for shipping ($30-35).

When I complained that this was not what was implied in the ad, he responded that no one else is complaining, because hey, I'm getting free chocolate, don't complain!

The way I see it, they're making a lot of money off this deal, even with the discounted shipping (otherwise they wouldn't have paid for the ad). I feel like they SHOULD give the discounted shipping for orders placed in August - unless, perhaps, there was a special request that the orders ship later. But for people who wanted to have the order shipped right away, and it was delayed on the store's end, the deal should apply.

What are your thoughts?

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2014, 11:45:43 AM »
I would expect that they give you the discounted shipping, but I do understand that they are absorbing higher credit card fees, so they can't keep giving discounts...

Offline sruly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on the $15 shipping deal. When I called (Aug. 28th), I was told that it was only for orders shipping out during August, and since they were backlogged, my order wouldn't be shipped until Sept, and would therefore be charged more for shipping ($30-35).

When I complained that this was not what was implied in the ad, he responded that no one else is complaining, because hey, I'm getting free chocolate, don't complain!

The way I see it, they're making a lot of money off this deal, even with the discounted shipping (otherwise they wouldn't have paid for the ad). I feel like they SHOULD give the discounted shipping for orders placed in August - unless, perhaps, there was a special request that the orders ship later. But for people who wanted to have the order shipped right away, and it was delayed on the store's end, the deal should apply.

What are your thoughts?
if you waited till the last min (the 28th) to call them then they can tell you that they are backlogged and won't get your order on time.
But if you sent them the cards earlier and/or they already charged your cards they should definitely honor the $15 shipping.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
You mean they are not going to give me $15 shipping :-[

Offline mod

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
You mean they are not going to give me $15 shipping :-[

I had all my cards charged last week and they told me that they would handle my order this week. They told me I was getting $15 shipping. I hope they keep to that.

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »
They told me they'd charge me more - I didn't want to argue, because they could say, "fine, then don't order at all), but it doesn't seem right - the ad clearly said the offer was for the whole month of august.

I'm hoping Dan will clear it up with them. On the DDMS comments he said he's looking into it...

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2014, 01:09:54 PM »

What are your thoughts?
I had the same experience but I'm fine with it. I'm not going to complain about a $20 difference when I'm getting $300+ in free chocolate.

Offline lfas25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »
I had the same experience but I'm fine with it. I'm not going to complain about a $20 difference when I'm getting $300+ in free chocolate.

I hope it's only $20-$30 according to their website their shipping is pretty darn expensive :(
I only paid 15% by switching to dansdeals

Offline dirah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2014, 09:08:39 PM »
If they want to be like that with the shipping, why don't you threaten to dispute?
[And if it comes to that, I doubt you will lose the AMEX credits, they will lose, not you.]

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
I'd like to hear Dan's take on this.

But I'm not interested in threatening, and I didn't want to risk them saying, "well, if you don't like it, don't buy."

I just still feel that even if it's free for me, they're making money, too - it's not like they're doing this as their chesed project!

And while some people have $300 or more, some of us don't have nearly that much. If you're starting with $90, it can make a big difference!

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:04 PM »
They called me today since I emailed my order last week. Because I am not in a rush for my order I can wait a bit till the weather gets cooler. She said 75 and below. I'm fine with regards to the shipping cost. I am getting free chocolate and if I have to use some of my credit for shipping then so be it. I don't think they realized the DDEffect. She said that it started off slow and suddenly they got so many orders that the priority was to just process the cc's in time.
She was very pleasant and appreciated my understanding. They did not have to do this and yes, they are making $$ off of this but since we all have credit there we can use some of it for the shipping. Even if it costs you a couple of bucks, you're still coming out ahead.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »
Should a store in Fl be collecting sales tax on an order shiped to OH?
^^^

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2014, 12:23:59 AM »
Should a store in Fl be collecting sales tax on an order shiped to OH?

If this is being treated as an "in-store" purchase, I'd imagine the answer is yes.

They did not have to do this and yes, they are making $$ off of this but since we all have credit there we can use some of it for the shipping. Even if it costs you a couple of bucks, you're still coming out ahead.

"they don't have to do this?" You mean, take advantage of an AAMEX deal to get 100s (or thousands?) of customers who would never have heard of them otherwise? True, I guess, but since they are taking avantage of the opportunity to make money, I don't see how that's relevant.

Again, even though it works out well for us, they're not doing this as a favor for the DDF community, nor even for DDMS community. It was a business decision, and it worked out very well for them, I'd imagine. And I'm happy for them, that's how business should work - you see an opportunity, something that works out well for you and your customer, and you jump on it.

But as for the rest of it...it sounds like you're saying that since you're not paying out of pocket anyway, they have the right to go back on their word and send you less.

How would you feel if after you placed the order, they told you they were only going to send half as much chocolate? It's free anyway, what's your problem?

Or, if after you spent $5k for an IB spending threshold, Chase told you they were only giving you 40k points, because hey, it's a bonus that you didn't pay for, anyway...?

What would your response be?

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2014, 07:35:48 AM »
I'm not going to make a big stink over $15. I try not to be the stereotypical penny pinching jew. They are a mom and pop operation. You can't compare to Chase.

Offline farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2014, 09:39:24 AM »
I was also concerned that I would have to pay $30+ in shipping (I only have $90 credit).  I spoke to Eli and he told me that he'd let me hold onto my credit until 12/31/14 and that I could make an order and get $15 flat rate ground shipping once the weather cools down.
Risk is opportunity