Author Topic: Traveling with infant on united  (Read 171 times)

Offline kalzone

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Traveling with infant on united
« on: April 17, 2024, 11:55:04 AM »
Apparently if you are flying united, and they have it available, they will offer you a "bassinet seat" if you call up and speak to a rep.  It seems like the bassinet seats are the bulk head seats generally offered in the economy plus area. Pretty cool travel hack, if it was not already discussed.

Relatedly, anyone know what kind of other perks i can get out of these bassinet seats? Like, does it come with a bassinet?

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling with infant on united
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 01:43:47 PM »
Apparently if you are flying united, and they have it available, they will offer you a "bassinet seat" if you call up and speak to a rep.  It seems like the bassinet seats are the bulk head seats generally offered in the economy plus area. Pretty cool travel hack, if it was not already discussed.

Relatedly, anyone know what kind of other perks i can get out of these bassinet seats? Like, does it come with a bassinet?
You need to call them to make sure they will have one for you.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 01:47:04 PM »
You need to call them to make sure they will have one for you.
There's a limit to how many total bassinets they can have per row. First come, first served.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:29:09 AM »
Yes, if your baby is small enough
There's a limit to how many total bassinets they can have per row. First come, first served.
Its the same as lap infants. limited by the oxygen masks. narrow bodies are two per row, 3-3-3 wide bodies are three, 2/3-4-2/3 will usualy be four. though there may not be a bassinet for each infant (depends on the layout of the plane)

And yes, unless you have a confrimed seat in the bulkhead row - its just a notaion in your booking to offer it to you IF its available, so the earlier you check in in the airport the better.

also @mods can you merge this into one of the preexisting traveling with infants threads?