Author Topic: Hyatt question  (Read 289252 times)

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt question
« Reply #720 on: January 05, 2017, 01:57:07 PM »
parking?
Nope that was a separate charge. I DMed hyatt on twitter and they said that it was supposed to be charged to Gold Passport, not to me, and refunded the charge. Their twitter team is awesome FYI.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline tanipollak

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 06, 2017, 03:08:20 PM »

Offline chulent613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 12, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »
I booked Grand Hyatt Kauai using someone's diamond account and had myself added as a 2nd guest.
They said that he must check in or I will be charged the full rack rate. Anyone have any experience with this?
If it makes a difference the nights were booked as follows:
1st & 3rd night is points
2nd & 4th night is SUN

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
 I've heard them say that a lot, but have never actually seen it enforced at check-in.

ETA: In America. I've heard that this rule is enforced more strictly in other countries, especially within Asia.

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 12, 2017, 09:13:10 PM »
I've heard them say that a lot, but have never actually seen it enforced at check-in.

ETA: In America. I've heard that this rule is enforced more strictly in other countries, especially within Asia.

almost had it very strictly enforced on a dubai ihg booking. ended up needing to email a copy of the AH passport

Offline chulent613

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 12, 2017, 09:20:50 PM »
almost had it very strictly enforced on a dubai ihg booking. ended up needing to email a copy of the AH passport
How was that sufficient?

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 12, 2017, 09:29:25 PM »
How was that sufficient?

i honestly think they were more worried AH was gonna call and say he was never there. not totally sure what it accomplished

Offline mochada

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 13, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »
I booked Grand Hyatt Kauai using someone's diamond account and had myself added as a 2nd guest.
They said that he must check in or I will be charged the full rack rate. Anyone have any experience with this?
If it makes a difference the nights were booked as follows:
1st & 3rd night is points
2nd & 4th night is SUN

As a data point, I know multiple people who've stayed at GHK on others accounts without an issue.

Offline emak

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 14, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »
As a data point, I know multiple people who've stayed at GHK on others accounts without an issue.
+1, just had a personal experience w/o issues.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 16, 2017, 12:49:37 PM »
Is there a maximum amount of points you can transfer at one time? Fax form to transfer 280k and they only transferred 200k.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 19, 2017, 06:02:11 PM »
Is there a maximum amount of points you can transfer at one time? Fax form to transfer 280k and they only transferred 200k.
Seems no max. They just messed up.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline chulent613

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 23, 2017, 06:03:40 AM »
Data point.
Not to scare everyone as I'm sure this account was the exception to the rule.
When I tried checking in they said that I can't check in without the AH and they will charge me rack rate. They said there's a note in the account to make sure he checks in. Otherwise the hotel won't get reimbursed from gold passport.
 I begged/ negotiated to no avail. After an hr we made up that they will give me a reduced rack rate and if I have the points in MY account by the time I checked OUT then, they can use points, otherwise it'll be the rack rate.
After I checked in on those terms and the account holder called the hotel on my behalf they called me to say they will make a one time exception and honor this reservation.
Again I spoke to many people that didn't have this issue but YMMV.

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 23, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
Data point.
When I tried checking in they said that I can't check in without the AH and they will charge me rack rate. They said there's a note in the account to make sure he checks in. Otherwise the hotel won't get reimbursed from gold passport.
 I begged/ negotiated to no avail. After an hr we made up that they will give me a reduced rack rate and if I have the points in MY account by the time I checked OUT then, they can use points, otherwise it'll be the rack rate.
After I checked in on those terms and the account holder called the hotel on my behalf they called me to say they will make a one time exception and honor this reservation.

I'm surprised hotels ever do this, since it's such an obvious scam opportunity. With the way hotels and airlines have cracked down on--and otherwise devalued--their programs, one would think hotels would have a strict "no person with status, no status benefits" rule.

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #733 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »
I'm surprised hotels ever do this, since it's such an obvious scam opportunity. With the way hotels and airlines have cracked down on--and otherwise devalued--their programs, one would think hotels would have a strict "no person with status, no status benefits" rule.
its not a scam. Hyatt allows a diamond to bring a guest of honor and enjoy the diamond status even without the member there.

Offline chulent613

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 23, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »
its not a scam. Hyatt allows a diamond to bring a guest of honor and enjoy the diamond status even without the member there.
Can guests of honor be used with SUN, points or C&P?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #735 on: January 23, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »
Can guests of honor be used with SUN, points or C&P?
guest of honor is only for diamond. SUN have nothing to do with that.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 23, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »
Data point.
i don't know what you said to them or how you checked in. But what you have to do is say yes the account holder is on his way his flight got delayed. There is nothing wrong with someone on the reservation checking in. Again I don't have experience with SUNs but I don't see why the hotel should treat it different than points bookings.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 23, 2017, 07:52:34 PM »
i don't know what you said to them or how you checked in. But what you have to do is say yes the account holder is on his way his flight got delayed. There is nothing wrong with someone on the reservation checking in. Again I don't have experience with SUNs but I don't see why the hotel should treat it different than points bookings.

if i had to guess it is probably because the AH was asking questions of a hyatt rep during the booking process how to book for a friend and they put the note in the account.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 23, 2017, 07:58:12 PM »

if i had to guess it is probably because the AH was asking questions of a hyatt rep during the booking process how to book for a friend and they put the note in the account.
it sounded like he was the one speaking to the reps which is never good either.

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 24, 2017, 12:16:28 AM »

It's plainly a scam (and this plainly wasn't a Guest of Honor situation). Let's be serious here.