Great wiki it should be added to an existing sticky thread
to many stick threads crowds up the board
It's not related to any of the existing stickied threads, so it would not make sense to add it to any of those.
I agree, there are too may stickied threads (already, forget adding this one). I would vote to remove the others. (Yeah! That's how obnoxious I am!)
The obvious place to put this list would be the Start Here: Links to CC Threads thread.
But then, as I said before, it wouldn't be anywhere near DDFers who don't check the newbie thread and are in the CC board looking for the Hyatt Master Thread. No offense taken, as you'll see in a second, I think you can question the value of something without attacking its creator.Essay Time
Shall we go through it? (This is not at all an attack against the creators of those threads, just against the need for them.)
- do we really need an entire line of the CC board dedicated to reminding us not to be idiots and swipe cards for other people? Maybe that thread is relevant to the 10 newbies who show up here a month, but to make it stickied? C'mon.
2) CC Comparison Chart
- with all due respect to yuneeq, this is a cool chart, but it's simply too hard to maintain as the information changes so often. I don't think it should be solely his responsibility to maintain, but I also don't think it's even worth maintaining as it's easier just to go into a CC's thread and ask "what's the current offer?" Many of the links in the wiki are dead and many offers are not updated to what they currently are. Take a look if you don't believe me. Additionally, why is this wiki "sticky-worthy"? We'll get to that in a minute.
3) DD Links
- Obviously, Dan would like to have a stickied thread of his links, and I hope people do click on them when applying for cards. Although, I think the thread should be just that. A wiki of his current links (obviously his job to update them), but none of the other random posts in there. I think that thread should be locked.So what's the point of stickied threads in a forum?
I think a stickied thread should serve the function of (1) making a board easier to navigate (2) bringing something to the reader's attention that may otherwise go unnoticed and is useful for most people while being hard to find a search.
- accomplishes neither of these purposes.
2) CC Comparison
- a useful chart that people may not know exists if it wasn't stickied. However, again, because of its maintenance difficulty, I don't think it should remain stickied.
3) DD Links
- without being stickied, people may not know it exists and will be unlikely to search the forums for Dan's links, if they could even find them. They will likely just Google "current BA offer" and go to Chase's direct link. Hence, I vote it stays - for the sake of the man who runs the show.
4) CC Master Threads
- accomplishes the purpose of making the board easier to navigate. Perhaps, if the wiki could be organized into a cleaner table, more links should be included - like a section on MS threads, Retention threads, etc. But if it starts to look anything like this
, I'd delete it and just stick to the CC thread links.
5) Random Q's
- something that's useful for people (and I bet would see a lot more use if it was stickied) while also being practically impossible to find in a search (as you'd have no idea what search terms to use).
My two cents.