Author Topic: List of all Credit Card Master Threads  (Read 691059 times)

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: List of all Credit Card Master Threads
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »
+10

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
But then, as I said before, it wouldn't be anywhere near DDFers who don't check the newbie thread and are in the CC board looking for the Hyatt Master Thread. No offense taken, as you'll see in a second, I think you can question the value of something without attacking its creator.

Essay Time
1) PSA - accomplishes neither of these purposes.
2) CC Comparison - a useful chart that people may not know exists if it wasn't stickied. However, again, because of its maintenance difficulty, I don't think it should remain stickied.
3) DD Links - without being stickied, people may not know it exists and will be unlikely to search the forums for Dan's links, if they could even find them. They will likely just Google "current BA offer" and go to Chase's direct link. Hence, I vote it stays - for the sake of the man who runs the show.
4) CC Master Threads - accomplishes the purpose of making the board easier to navigate. Perhaps, if the wiki could be organized into a cleaner table, more links should be included - like a section on MS threads, Retention threads, etc. But if it starts to look anything like this, I'd delete it and just stick to the CC thread links.
5) Random Q's - something that's useful for people (and I bet would see a lot more use if it was stickied) while also being practically impossible to find in a search (as you'd have no idea what search terms to use).
Did you feel I was attacking you?!  :o  Chas v'shalom!!  Just trying to be logical in (what I thought) was a nice way.

1) skip-don't want to get in an arguement
2) I use that chart on a regular basis and LOVE it, but know I need to question the validity, unfortunately, for the reason you stated.
3)  totally agreed
4)  What if you were to name your chart Continue Here: Links to CC Threads stickied in the CC board.  The top section of this thread could be your current chart (even though it is similar to part of the Start Here: etc chart) and then the bottom section could be all the additions of which some are quite buried more than 10 pages back?  This sticky would then be dedicated for more advanced users. 
6) It is the 'this here' chart in your 4 above that is the real one to compare to

Again, these are NOT attacks on you in any way.  You have put in a tremendous amount of good work and obviusly have koichos in this area.  I am only trying to be efficient and logical.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:46:43 PM by srap »

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:19 PM »
Did you feel I was attacking you?!  :o  Chas v'shalom!!  Just trying to be logical in (what I thought) was a nice way.

1) skip-don't want to get in an arguement
2) I use that chart on a regular basis and LOVE it, but know I need to question the validity, unfortunately, for the reason you stated.
3)  totally agreed
4)  What if you were to name your chart Continue Here: Links to CC Threads stickied in the CC board.  The top section of this thread could be your current chart (even though it is similar to part of the Start Here: etc chart) and then the bottom section could be all the additions of which some are quite buried more than 10 pages back?  This sticky would then be dedicated for more advanced users. 
6) It is the 'this here' chart in your 4 above that is the real one to compare to

Again, these are NOT attacks on you in any way.  You have put in a tremendous amount of good work and obviusly have koichos in this area.  I am only trying to be efficient and logical.

Ha didn't think it was an attack. I didn't want Chaikel or yuneeq to think I was attacking their threads, so I just used that term when referring to you. Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't understand all your points exactly. Are you saying to keep this wiki but underneath it put a link of all other useful threads? That's not a bad idea. Again, though, it has to stay neat and it also has to be in this board, not in the "Start Here" board.

Whatever. This is not actually happening. The same way a few months ago people got into the mood of making the forums a better place for newbies and that excitement lasted for about 2 days. A new board was created. Too many threads were thrown into it that have WAY too many links for a newbie. The only good that really came out of it was (1) the Start Here board should attract a newbies eye and (2) the newbie should then be able to easily find the beginner's wiki, which is great. People were also supposed to do the Adopt-A-Wiki thing, but I wonder how many wikis actually got updated because of that. The forums need a lot of work and the mods here aren't interested. They have a job of cleaning up double threads and moving posts around and they do a good job of that. But, they don't do much in terms of organizing this place. Maybe it's not their job. Maybe a new position should be created. But hey none of that is my call. I just have OCD.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »
I didn't understand all your points exactly. Are you saying to keep this wiki but underneath it put a link of all other useful threads? That's not a bad idea. Again, though, it has to stay neat and it also has to be in this board, not in the "Start Here" board.

Whatever. This is not actually happening. The same way a few months ago people got into the mood of making the forums a better place for newbies and that excitement lasted for about 2 days. A new board was created. Too many threads were thrown into it that have WAY too many links for a newbie. The only good that really came out of it was (1) the Start Here board should attract a newbies eye and (2) the newbie should then be able to easily find the beginner's wiki, which is great. People were also supposed to do the Adopt-A-Wiki thing, but I wonder how many wikis actually got updated because of that. The forums need a lot of work and the mods here aren't interested. They have a job of cleaning up double threads and moving posts around and they do a good job of that. But, they don't do much in terms of organizing this place. Maybe it's not their job. Maybe a new position should be created. But hey none of that is my call. I just have OCD.
Yes, your wiki can be a totally comprehensive list of all CC threads (eventually going back more than only 10 pages) and then underneath this top part of the wiki could be tons of useful threads (also going back to tons of archived pages) for the more advanced users. 

This could be helpful to Dan by drawing in more advanced users to this new, awesomely organized CC wiki.  Then it would not be a repeat of the current Start Here wiki.

BTW, I beg to differ re Adopt-A-Wiki.  It was a tremendous face lift for DDF, but still it could use your 'OCD'edness and motivation to further organize it.  I think you are the right guy for it.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »
Another sticky-worthy thread?

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »
so this thread is not going to stick to the top  :(

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »
Just used this thread to find the United thread.

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
Bumped

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »
Ahemm.  It seems like a futile cause :'(

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 05:57:34 PM »
Ahemm.  It seems like a futile cause :'(
Ha appreciate it. It could also be because Dan is on vacation. Not sure any of the other mods normally play around with stickying threads, deleting stickied threads, etc.

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »
very useful thread just used it to find the platinum thread

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2014, 08:19:15 PM »
BUMP

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:39 PM »
Start a poll?  To sticky or not to sticky.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »
Start a poll?  To sticky or not to sticky.
Good idea. Polled created. Curious what people will think. Obviously, this doesn't at all imply that the mods will change anything even if the votes are in favor.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
Can we have a choice called "either #2 or #3"?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
Can we have a choice called "either #2 or #3"?
Done.

Offline mawmaw

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »
voted #1

Offline ranhan429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »
Yehuda you are thr the best! 8-) And this thread rocks and should totally be stickied. I'll vote when I'm not on stupid Tapatalk. I agree that DDF needs work, and this thread/list is definitely a step in the right direction.
כפרות על כפרה

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:30 PM »

The mods are ALIVE TONIGHT! Merging threads, moving threads all over the place. Let's go! Time to vote :)

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »

The mods are ALIVE TONIGHT! Merging threads, moving threads all over the place. Let's go! Time to vote :)
I voted for what I felt was the best option, then I discovered that apparently I'm the only one that feels that way. :'(