Author Topic: Private Pilot's License  (Read 12789 times)

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Private Pilot's License
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
I there an age limitation, as to get a pilot license ? like to old...............

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2015, 05:00:58 PM »
Pretty sure you can be a pilot as long as you can pass the medical examination. No age limit.
Curiosity made the cat smarter.

Offline ual902

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 113
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Gold, Alaska MVP, Delta Silver, Jetblue Mosaic, JetSmarter Simple, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2017, 07:36:07 AM »
Cool startup that is booming with plenty of orders for a sport aircraft, requires half the time and learning than a regular PPL - http://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/icon-a5-ultimate-amateur-plane/.

Offline shtank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »
Cool startup that is booming with plenty of orders for a sport aircraft, requires half the time and learning than a regular PPL - http://thepointsguy.com/2016/12/icon-a5-ultimate-amateur-plane/.

IMO, anything less than a regular PPL is not really worth it unless you're getting it for near-free (not happening) or there's no way you'd ever get a license otherwise. Doesn't let you do as much and very few places to actually rent or use a plane without a PPL so you'd have to buy one (may as well spend the money on a PPL) or create a club just for that. And I'm not even sure what the insurance restrictions would be. Sport and recreational licenses were things they tried to make into a thing a while ago and nobody really bit.

Offline Shunts

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2017, 01:02:49 AM »
In the recent past, I began the process of obtaining my PPL. Once I slowly realized the long term associated costs with general aviation, such as club membership, aircraft rental etc, I instead elected to take advantage of FAA Part 103.

It essentially allows an individual to operate, albeit with a strict set of guidelines, an ultralight vehicle without any required licensing or certifications. Sure, it can only carry a single occupant and isn't allowed fly into controlled airports and has other limitations. But it will certainly satiate my appetite to fly.

So I went ahead and purchased a kit to build a wooden and cloth airplane! Iím currently building the fuselage section and hope to have the entire project complete within a few months.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2017, 03:31:18 AM »
In the recent past, I began the process of obtaining my PPL. Once I slowly realized the long term associated costs with general aviation, such as club membership, aircraft rental etc, I instead elected to take advantage of FAA Part 103.

It essentially allows an individual to operate, albeit with a strict set of guidelines, an ultralight vehicle without any required licensing or certifications. Sure, it can only carry a single occupant and isn't allowed fly into controlled airports and has other limitations. But it will certainly satiate my appetite to fly.

So I went ahead and purchased a kit to build a wooden and cloth airplane! Iím currently building the fuselage section and hope to have the entire project complete within a few months.

Paper airplane?

Offline VLK

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
For all those interested there is a place in midtown manhattan called manhattan flight club. They have 2 simulators one of them is very up to date and is certified to count towards the flying hours needed to gat a privat pilot license. Here is the website for anyone interested. http://www.manhattanflightclub.com

Offline shtank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
For all those interested there is a place in midtown manhattan called manhattan flight club. They have 2 simulators one of them is very up to date and is certified to count towards the flying hours needed to gat a privat pilot license. Here is the website for anyone interested. http://www.manhattanflightclub.com

Just noticed this post. It looks nice, but people should understand that you can't use simulator time towards your private pilot license. You CAN use it for SOME of the requirements towards your instrument rating AFTER you get your PPL.