Poll

Was your eBay account suspended this black Friday

Yes, I purchased a daily deal
Yes, I didn't make any deal purchase
No

Author Topic: my ebay account was suspended  (Read 18392 times)

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: my ebay account was suspended
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 01:51:32 AM »
Can a mod add a poll? I'm curious how many DDF'rs were suspended.
poll added
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline lf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
How can I do now? I am a  PowerSeller, have been  in eBay 9 years and stared selling electronics on July 2008. I have tons stuff at my stock now, how can I do ?  >:(

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 03:09:28 PM »
How can I do now? I am a  PowerSeller, have been  in eBay 9 years and stared selling electronics on July 2008. I have tons stuff at my stock now, how can I do ?  >:(

Sell on Amazon.
Borrow an ebay account.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »
You can buy eBay accounts

Offline eliraps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 10:08:10 PM »
I just got a message from them that my account is susspended for 2 weeks because i used multiple accounts. this is not true. any point writing to them? or calling them? which one?

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 10:10:45 PM »
I just got a message from them that my account is susspended for 2 weeks because i used multiple accounts. this is not true. any point writing to them? or calling them? which one?
Be gratefull that it's not a lifetime ban and keep a low profile.

Offline eliraps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 10:21:43 PM »
thanks
this is the second time it happened to me btw

Offline DealRaider

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 09:27:14 AM »
It looks like I'm just banned from buying from certain sellers. Conveniently the ones with all the good deals..  >:(

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »
It looks like I'm just banned from buying from certain sellers. Conveniently the ones with all the good deals..  >:(
Lucky you. I'd take that any day.

Offline TheMentsh

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2014, 03:25:16 AM »
I was suspended 2 weeks ago and I saw a video that was posted last week by MarkS and went ahead and bought their manual and it worked. Just in case any of you guys got screwed by ebay. These guys are pretty good about  answering all your questions, usually within minutes, which blew my mind and they're very polite - which is rare with support people. You can contact them before you buy the manual to ask them anything you want and they reply very fast. They're website is www.backonebay.com hope it helps somebody.

Offline Name Changed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
Its not a big deal getting back on eBay, its all about being super careful that you don't get linked back to your previous account.

I highly recommend waiting a little, and do all the proper research, and have everything very well thought out before opening a new account.

Even a very small link could get your new account shutdown, and all the work, and new info that you used will be lost.

Offline TheMentsh

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »
I agree it's not a big deal, but only IF (and it's a BIG if) you know what you're doing. There are quite a few pitfalls, some that most people would have no idea of. I noticed you said "it's all about being super careful that you don't get linked" Well, yes, if you know what to look for so you can be careful of it. But if someone doesn't understand exactly how eBay links you, how can they be careful of something they don't even see or know that it's there? See what I mean? WHAT exactly should they be watching out for?

And how does a person who is not a techie know if he is doing the "proper research"? Where does he look? And HOW LONG is that going to take them? Time is money, especially when every day that goes by you are losing sales.

I know you mean well, Name Changed, I just wanted to add that to some people it will be more helpful to point them to something specific.

I tried to do it on my own for MONTHS and kept getting linked until I said I said to myself "the heck with it" and bought one of those manuals for $30. Guess what? I got right back on eBay the next day. It cost me a lot more money to try to do research than to just buy the darn thing and get it over with.

I want to make it clear that I'm not selling this stuff and I don't get anything out of it. I just know it works and the money it cost me was NOTHING, NOTHING compared to the sales I lost because I was afraid of buying it and getting ripped off.

That's my honest opinion, and for all you guys that are going crazy because you got suspended, don't mess around trying to figure it out yourselves, really, it's going to cost you a lot more in time and lost sales and STILL you're not going to be sure you're doing everything right.

Just buy a manual - any manual - it doesn't have to be from the same people I got it from, as long as they know what they're doing, and just follow the directions. It will be cheaper, safer and faster.

That was my experience and I am just passing it on to help anybody who is in that spot right now.

Offline Joeyj88

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2015, 11:30:50 PM »
Personally, I have been using: http://www.free-ebooks.net/ebook/Ebay-Incognito to help me get back on eBay. It does get tough at first, but the more you do it the easier it becomes.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »
I agree it's not a big deal, but only IF (and it's a BIG if) you know what you're doing. There are quite a few pitfalls, some that most people would have no idea of. I noticed you said "it's all about being super careful that you don't get linked" Well, yes, if you know what to look for so you can be careful of it. But if someone doesn't understand exactly how eBay links you, how can they be careful of something they don't even see or know that it's there? See what I mean? WHAT exactly should they be watching out for?

And how does a person who is not a techie know if he is doing the "proper research"? Where does he look? And HOW LONG is that going to take them? Time is money, especially when every day that goes by you are losing sales.

I know you mean well, Name Changed, I just wanted to add that to some people it will be more helpful to point them to something specific.

I tried to do it on my own for MONTHS and kept getting linked until I said I said to myself "the heck with it" and bought one of those manuals for $30. Guess what? I got right back on eBay the next day. It cost me a lot more money to try to do research than to just buy the darn thing and get it over with.

I want to make it clear that I'm not selling this stuff and I don't get anything out of it. I just know it works and the money it cost me was NOTHING, NOTHING compared to the sales I lost because I was afraid of buying it and getting ripped off.

That's my honest opinion, and for all you guys that are going crazy because you got suspended, don't mess around trying to figure it out yourselves, really, it's going to cost you a lot more in time and lost sales and STILL you're not going to be sure you're doing everything right.

Just buy a manual - any manual - it doesn't have to be from the same people I got it from, as long as they know what they're doing, and just follow the directions. It will be cheaper, safer and faster.

That was my experience and I am just passing it on to help anybody who is in that spot right now.

You supposedly spent $30 on a manual, write a post ten pages long, and don't share one thing you learned?

SPAM.

I wouldn't be shocked if the manual is shorter than your megillah.
Visibly Jewish

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 09:24:16 PM »
This guy was banned from ebay - he thinks for buying too many gift cards (opening multiple accounts) and he blames dans deals for giving him the idea
http://milesperday.com/2015/04/ebay-permanently-bans-me/

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »
This guy was banned from ebay - he thinks for buying too many gift cards (opening multiple accounts) and he blames dans deals for giving him the idea

http://milesperday.com/2015/04/hot-american-express-business-platinum-150000-mr-point-offer/

looks like he was also giving out a 150k MR, I wonder if he got it from here...

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:18 AM »
I'm AU1 in the comments. ;)

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2015, 01:51:48 AM »

http://milesperday.com/2015/04/hot-american-express-business-platinum-150000-mr-point-offer/

looks like he was also giving out a 150k MR, I wonder if he got it from here...
According to this blog the code still worked as of yesterday...

Offline TheMentsh

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2015, 01:29:41 PM »
You supposedly spent $30 on a manual, write a post ten pages long, and don't share one thing you learned?

SPAM.

I wouldn't be shocked if the manual is shorter than your megillah.

Yes, I spent $30 on the manual, not supposedly, I did spend it.
My post is not ten pages long, that's an exaggeration.
I shared the point I wanted to make which was that it is easy to get back, but you have to know how.
I see that you are upset because I didn't re-type the information I had to pay for so you could read it for free.
The manual is much longer than my "megillah" as you put it, it is 89 pages long.
Look up the word spam in a dictionary, I think you need to.
How old are you anyway?

Online bermo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
Yes, I spent $30 on the manual, not supposedly, I did spend it.
My post is not ten pages long, that's an exaggeration.
I shared the point I wanted to make which was that it is easy to get back, but you have to know how.
I see that you are upset because I didn't re-type the information I had to pay for so you could read it for free.
The manual is much longer than my "megillah" as you put it, it is 89 pages long.
Look up the word spam in a dictionary, I think you need to.
How old are you anyway?
Wow!! That post was from March...