Topic Wiki

Screenshot:

Quote from SM received from Barclay on December 26th 2014
Our record show that this promotion of go paperless is still valid on your account and all you need to do is to opt in to a paperless statement within November 26 to December 31, 2014. Once you go paperless a transaction needs to be made on your account and within 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends you will receive a $25.00 check in the mail. Please know the promotion end date and the deadline to make a purchase is December 31, 2014.

« Last edited by eli.f on December 21, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »

Author Topic: US Airways, Switch To Paperless Statements & Receive $25 Statement Credit  (Read 37516 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: US Airways, Switch To Paperless Statements & Receive $25 Statement Credit
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »
Oh please. Chase gives 70K for an Ink so that they could get your precious 5K spend and cancel right away? They hope you'll use the card for a very long time. As most card holders do.
Why is signing up for a card with intent to churn different than signing up for e-statements with intent to revert to paper?

Maybe it's because you won't cross the line for $25, but for 70K UR, that's something else.

You, too, seem to love making assumptions. Who says I make my spend and cancel right away? I do not, FTR.

I do think signing up, getting the bonus, and cancelling before the AF hits is over the line.

As I said, their hope is that you use the card until your old and gray, but their hope is not determinative and signing up for a card is not a blood contract that you'll never cancel.

The equivalent here is signing up for e-statements solely for the $25 with the intention of immediately changing back once the credit posts. It is similarly over the line. Doesn't matter whether its $25 or $2500.

So, please stop projecting your unethical opinions on me as if they're mine.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:11:33 PM by AJK »
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
Dear Mr AJK. I apologize if my post was offensive towards you.
I hope you forgive me.
I hope to meet you one day in person and maybe on one of the beaches of the world.

I deem you forgiven. <taps sceptre on head>

If you get a tattoo, I'll know it's you on the beach. Just make sure to put it on your forehead.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline eli.f

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2014, 03:17:59 PM »
You, too, seem to love making assumptions. Who says I make my spend and cancel right away? I do not, FTR.

I do think signing up, getting the bonus, and cancelling before the AF hits is over the line.

As I said, their hope is that you use the card until your old and gray, but their hope is not determinative and signing up for a card is not a blood contract that you'll never cancel.

The equivalent here is signing up for e-statements solely for the $25 with the intention of immediately changing back once the credit posts. It is similarly over the line. Doesn't matter whether its $25 or $2500.

So, please stop projecting your unethical opinions on me as if they're mine.
Fine

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2014, 04:09:18 PM »
Chase gives a signup bonus as an incentive to use their card, which I do.
Are you saying you never signed up for a card solely for the bonus?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »
Are you saying you never signed up for a card solely for the bonus?

No, I'm not saying that. Not even sure how that quote could even imply differently.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »
No, I'm not saying that. Not even sure how that quote could even imply differently.
I did not want to make any assumptions so I thought I would ask.
On my ethical scale rapeing them for a 50-70k bonus is a lot worse then this $25 but my ethics are a lot different then most.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
Worse? Of course, but it's a difference in degree, not in kind.

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2014, 06:24:53 PM »
Just spoke to Barclay's. They said any Barclay's card quality for the $25 paperless statements credit. No need to register.
 But I sent a secure message. On the us air card they confirmed that I will get it. And on the arrival they said that they don't see it.  But I enrolled anyway. I can always go back to regular statements
This is a reply I got from customer service via email when I asked if the offer is only on us airways card or on all barclays cards

This is to confirm that the promotion for $25.00 statement credit for enrolling in the paperless statements is eligible only to US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard accounts. We hope you find this information helpful.

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
This is a reply I got from customer service via email when I asked if the offer is only on us airways card or on all barclays cards

This is to confirm that the promotion for $25.00 statement credit for enrolling in the paperless statements is eligible only to US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard accounts. We hope you find this information helpful.
So I emailed again and asked if my other Barclay's accounts qualify for the promo. Here is the response

Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard. We can certainly address your concern regarding the go paperless statement on your account.

Our record show that this promotion of go paperless is still valid on your account and all you need to do is to opt in to a paperless statement within November 26 to December 31, 2014. Once you go paperless a transaction needs to be made on your account and within 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends you will receive a $25.00 check in the mail. Please know the promotion end date and the deadline to make a purchase is December 31, 2014. We can also confirm that your other accounts will be eligible with this promotion once the qualifications has been met. We hope you find this information helpful.

You may enroll in our paperless statement option by selecting the 'Account settings' link and choosing 'Go paperless now' under the ' Paperless statements' section. We hope you find this information helpful. 

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. 

Sincerely,

Customer Care

Offline SPLP

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2014, 12:15:16 PM »
So I emailed again and asked if my other Barclay's accounts qualify for the promo. Here is the response

Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard. We can certainly address your concern regarding the go paperless statement on your account.

Our record show that this promotion of go paperless is still valid on your account and all you need to do is to opt in to a paperless statement within November 26 to December 31, 2014. Once you go paperless a transaction needs to be made on your account and within 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends you will receive a $25.00 check in the mail. Please know the promotion end date and the deadline to make a purchase is December 31, 2014. We can also confirm that your other accounts will be eligible with this promotion once the qualifications has been met. We hope you find this information helpful.

You may enroll in our paperless statement option by selecting the 'Account settings' link and choosing 'Go paperless now' under the ' Paperless statements' section. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care

And I  just got the $25 on my account , did not need to wait for a statement as I was originally told that is when I would see the credit 

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »
And I  just got the $25 on my account , did not need to wait for a statement as I was originally told that is when I would see the credit
Interesting. That's the second report of someone receiving it. Anyone else?
I haven't seen anything yet.

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »
Interesting. That's the second report of someone receiving it. Anyone else?
I haven't seen anything yet.

I have 2 U S AIR cards -- did both paperless -- got the $25 today on only one of them --(so far)-- did the sign up minutes apart and spent 25 on each card minutes apart

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
Why is everyone assuming the need for a $25 spend?

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

because easy to do -if i spent 1 cent and got the 25.00 credit would still need to spend the 24.99 why not just pay a bill for the 25 and be done ,  -nice and easy for me this way

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
They're not. Just for convenience.
because easy to do -if i spent 1 cent and got the 25.00 credit would still need to spend the 24.99 why not just pay a bill for the 25 and be done ,  -nice and easy for me this way
You can always SM and they'll mail you a check for the negative balance. But spending $25 is easier.

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
a lot of work to get 24.99 check - like we said -we did it the easy way --

if i had spending on my card then the so called 24.99 could be used as a partial payment

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »
a lot of work to get 24.99 check - like we said -we did it the easy way --

if i had spending on my card then the so called 24.99 could be used as a partial payment
Don't know about you, but I spend less than half a minute writing the SM and another half to deposit the check from my mobile. For me, that's easier than buying something, as it's shorter and I can do it all from bed :)

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
Don't know about you, but I spend less than half a minute writing the SM and another half to deposit the check from my mobile. For me, that's easier than buying something, as it's shorter and I can do it all from bed :)

do not time myself-- i just paid a bill on line -- i would guess about same amount of time and I too can do it in bed- ;D

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
Just spoke to them and she said she can see I did the spend and it will show as credit 6-8 weeks after the promotion is over a.k.a after December 31st.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
Just my luck.
Yesterday I SM'd to close my U.S air account and today when I loged on I saw the offer for 25$ and also that my card was cancelled.