Topic Wiki

There are no Credit Cards that will cover Liability.
Visa, Amex, MasterCard and Discover will cover Loss Damage Waiver / Collision (CDW/LDW)

Cards that cover CDW/LDW in Israel:
Chase: Sapphire Preferred ($95 annual fee)
Discover (accepted in Israel as Diners' Club): More, Open Road, Miles, Motiva (none have annual fees)   Policy link

You must present at the time of rental a copy of your policy or a document from the CC company stating that the insurance coverage applies to Israel . You will still have to purchase 3rd Party Liability, but you will save some shekels and have no deductible for damages.

Visa phone number : 800-VISA-911

Visa does NOT cover:
  • Cadillac Escalade
  • Mercedes GL series (they do cover GLK)
  • Mercedes E class
  • Corvettes
  • Camaro ZL1

AMEX premium will charge $24.95 per rental and they cover:
  • Up to $100K for damage or theft and accidental death or dismemberment coverage ($250,000 for California residents), up to $15,000 for excess medical expenses per person, and up to $5,000 for excess personal property coverage ($15,000 for Florida residents)
  • Any car from Mercedes, pickup trucks, Porsche and 15 passenger vans.
  • There's no need to pay for the full amount with money, even if it's with points or coupon rental and you pay just $2 fees they will still cover you.

« Last edited by myi on March 26, 2016, 09:49:59 PM »

Author Topic: Credit Card Car Rental Insurance  (Read 73937 times)

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Card Car Rental Insurance
« Reply #915 on: September 12, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »
Avis - who appears to handle the repairs for zipcar - sent a bill of $8000, including towing,  to sedgwick - a claims management company - who forwarded it to me with the $1000 charge, with the rest covered by zip car's insurance.

The charges seems very inflated, I think that if I would do it on my own it would cost me only $1,000. But for me it doesn't make a difference.
Was never charged anything. Of course I got the bill but It was always covered, I don't remember by whom

Offline mekler

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 12, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »
Was never charged anything. Of course I got the bill but It was always covered, I don't remember by whom
Maybe you purchased extra coverage, or maybe your credit card. My Mastercard denied to pay because it's a cargo van

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 12, 2017, 04:47:49 PM »
Maybe you purchased extra coverage, or maybe your credit card. My Mastercard denied to pay because it's a cargo van
I never purchased any additional coverage. It's been a while back so I don't remember what cc i used