Author Topic: Warm with shul and food  (Read 10023 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Warm with shul and food
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:26 AM »
Here's what we're looking for. A warm place for end of January, near enough to a shul to walk to on shabbos. Stay in a SPG property for points. And have access to some food for shabbos especially. Thought of maybe Nassau, but not successful We can leave NY 1/26 and leave back 2/1 which leaves a shabbos in between. Need the warmth, need the shul for shabbos and need the nice hotels of SPG for points, and some food of course. Are we dreaming?
Mutty
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Re: Warm with shul and food
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »
If Miami was an option - and it looked good - we heard the only SPG propertry is old and decrepid - on Collins.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 01:50:23 AM »
You didn't say how far you can travel
Miami?
S. Juan?
Cancun?
Los Angeles?
Honolulu?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:06:28 AM »
If Miami was an option - and it looked good - we heard the only SPG propertry is old and decrepid - on Collins.
There is a spg cat 6 in Miami about 20 blocks away.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 02:11:32 AM »
There's plenty of great SPGs.
Westin Diplomat in FLL.
W South Beach in MIA.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 03:10:35 AM »
You didn't say how far you can travel
Miami?
S. Juan?
Cancun?
Los Angeles?
Honolulu?
Israel?
Australia?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 03:32:37 AM »
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:31:55 AM »
Bali?

Fiji?

:D
Doubt there are shuls/food there :)
But as long as we're at it I'll throw in Bora Bora and Maldives.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »
Doubt there are shuls/food there :)
But as long as we're at it I'll throw in Bora Bora and Maldives.

I thought we were getting carried away with warm places, forgot the OP.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
We live in Brooklyn. Don't want too far. Want warm. The only one by Miami Beach is the decrepid one. They're putting up a new one for march 2012. Is the Westin Diplomat in FLL walkable to shul? Food around? I'm guessing FLL is ft lauderdale? Is it a really nice place? Please, someone, help us out here. Only have those few days, just the two of us. Need some details. I'm a Hatzoloh Paramedic that had an accident a few weeks ago and really need to take it easy a bit. Again, need shul for shabbos, need availabilty of food, maybe even restaurant(s). Want to use my SPG miles. I'll have to find a cheap flight. Got my million gold membership from AA as per Dan (thanks again). WHatever. Thanks in advance guys
Mutty

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »
W lexington ave

Offline steve L

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »
how did you get million mile gold with aa mutty? all from cc?

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
San Juan, Puerto Rico. Dont know about starwoods that are walkable to chabad but there is minyan and you can buy food from chabad

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
Thanks. Will check it out.
Mutty

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 03:21:18 PM »
Good try. No SPG properties in walking distance. Any one else with an idea? Frustration is starting to set in.
Mutty

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
Good try. No SPG properties in walking distance. Any one else with an idea? Frustration is starting to set in.
Mutty
Westin Diplomat is right around the corner from Chabad on the beach in fort lauderdale.
Im not sure about shuls around the W South Beach.
The Four Points is the decrepit one (and jewish owned I believe) that you are referring to.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
I was almost getting excited. First, is the Westin Diplomat at 3555 South Ocean Drive in Hollywood Florida? Doesn't look like they accept points for payment if that's the one. Second question. There a a number of Chabads "on the beach". Any better specifics on that? I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Mutty

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 05:34:30 PM »
I was almost getting excited. First, is the Westin Diplomat at 3555 South Ocean Drive in Hollywood Florida? Doesn't look like they accept points for payment if that's the one. Second question. There a a number of Chabads "on the beach". Any better specifics on that? I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Mutty
That's the one.
They take points for 01/26-01/31.  You can even do a 5th night free award so it will be 48K points for 5 nights.  Or 3 of those nights have cash and points.  Gotta see which is better for you based on the points you have.
They're just sold out for 01/31-02/01 (although that can change at any time, keep checking.)

Search on Chabad.org using the zip code to find the closest chabad house and then use google maps to see how to walk there.

Enjoy your vacation!

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »
That's the one.
They take points for 01/26-01/31.  You can even do a 5th night free award so it will be 48K points for 5 nights.  Or 3 of those nights have cash and points.  Gotta see which is better for you based on the points you have.
They're just sold out for 01/31-02/01 (although that can change at any time, keep checking.)

Search on Chabad.org using the zip code to find the closest chabad house and then use google maps to see how to walk there.

Enjoy your vacation!

When we checked into the Diplomat for 2 nights this week (Sunday to Tuesday), the concierge ran over to me to give me a 5 page list of kosher establishments. (There are many great kosher restaurants and shops in Waterways in Aventura, which is just a 7 minute drive from the Diplomat.) He asked me if I was staying for shabbos, and informed me that there was a shul "across the street."

We did one night (sunday) on Priceline at $62 AI, and the 2nd on C&P. Although the hotel was fully committed for a conference, they still gave me all the plat benefits, including an upgrade to a lovely ocean-front corner suite on the 27th floor.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »
We did one night (sunday) on Priceline at $62 AI, and the 2nd on C&P. Although the hotel was fully committed for a conference, they still gave me all the plat benefits, including an upgrade to a lovely ocean-front corner suite on the 27th floor.

The priceline $62/night got upgraded to the suite too?

I guess a 27th floor suite wouldn't be too good for Shabbos :D