Author Topic: Barclaycard Aviator (AA)  (Read 18613 times)

Offline yoss6400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage,sapfire,freedom,
Re: Barclaycard Aviator (AA)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
anywhere to sign up for the Aviator cards?
"Credit Cards delaying arguments for 30 Days"

Offline tjak

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 08:20:34 PM »

anywhere to sign up for the Aviator cards?
No. They are only for those that got converted from the US Airways card, they are not available for new card members.

Offline yossisch1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2015, 09:22:25 PM »
I have this card is there any reason to keep it open?  AF is due Dec 30

Offline tjak

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »

I have this card is there any reason to keep it open?  AF is due Dec 30
It's been really easy to get the fee waived. And they do have have quarterly bonuses of three points per a dollar. And target you for spend bonuses if you don't use the card often.

Offline alonw

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 01:32:32 PM »
It's been really easy to get the fee waived. And they do have have quarterly bonuses of three points per a dollar. And target you for spend bonuses if you don't use the card often.

Please advise, I HUCA'd 2 times and both reps told me they cannot waive the AF on my Aviator because it goes to supporting all my benefits... Thoughts on how to get it waived?

Offline tjak

• View Profile
Barclaycard Aviator (AA)
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »
Please advise, I HUCA'd 2 times and both reps told me they cannot waive the AF on my Aviator because it goes to supporting all my benefits... Thoughts on how to get it waived?
Tell them you have the citi aa card which has the same benefits, So if you can't waive the fee you'll cancel the card.

Offline Josef.koney

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »
Tell them you have the citi aa card which has the same benefits, So if you can't waive the fee you'll cancel the card.
I did and nothing.

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »

Go do an M$ charge for the entire credit limit.  When they deny the charge, call the them up, ask for a supervisor, and complain how they embarrassed you, how you have the credit line for a reason, how you pay an AF for a reason, why didn't AMEX deny the charge.  Then get the miles credited for the failed transaction, and the AF waived.

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »
Go do an M$ charge for the entire credit limit.  When they deny the charge, call the them up, ask for a supervisor, and complain how they embarrassed you, how you have the credit line for a reason, how you pay an AF for a reason, why didn't AMEX deny the charge.  Then get the miles credited for the failed transaction, and the AF waived.

+1  Bravo !

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

"M$"?

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 06:41:52 PM »
Do you guys always ask for bonus points whenever a transaction doesn't go through? Feel odd asking because at the end of the day, they're doing it to protect us in case someone stole the card...

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »
Do you guys always ask for bonus points whenever a transaction doesn't go through? Feel odd asking because at the end of the day, they're doing it to protect us in case someone stole the card...

You're joking right?  The bank is liable for fraud unless you can be proven to be grossly negligent.

When the CSR's tell me they declined a charge to "protect me", I cut them off and ask them to please not lie to me and remind them who is truly liable (the bank).  The bank's actions are never to protect you, always themselves.  Then you point out I have xx,xxx limit to use, I pay an AF for the privilege, you embarrassed me, you inconvenienced me, and AMEX gladly accepted the charge Because AMEX always does).

I've gotten Barclays, Citi, Chase and Disco to all give me the rewards for denied charges.  And I got Barclays to waive the Aviator AF AFTER they gave me 15,000 courtesy miles.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »
You're joking right?  The bank is liable for fraud unless you can be proven to be grossly negligent.

When the CSR's tell me they declined a charge to "protect me", I cut them off and ask them to please not lie to me and remind them who is truly liable (the bank).  The bank's actions are never to protect you, always themselves.  Then you point out I have xx,xxx limit to use, I pay an AF for the privilege, you embarrassed me, you inconvenienced me, and AMEX gladly accepted the charge Because AMEX always does).

I've gotten Barclays, Citi, Chase and Disco to all give me the rewards for denied charges.  And I got Barclays to waive the Aviator AF AFTER they gave me 15,000 courtesy miles.

I guess you learn new things every day. Never thought of it that way, but I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future. Had some MS charges declined on two separate Chase United accounts over the past few days so going to try and call them and squeeze some miles out of them.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2015, 12:07:12 AM »
I guess you learn new things every day. Never thought of it that way, but I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future. Had some MS charges declined on two separate Chase United accounts over the past few days so going to try and call them and squeeze some miles out of them.
Update: Swing and a miss. Guy basically said "I doubt it was that embarrassing because most people know that banks are very careful with fraud, so I'm not going to give you any bonus miles."

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2015, 12:39:30 AM »

Update: Swing and a miss. Guy basically said "I doubt it was that embarrassing because most people know that banks are very careful with fraud, so I'm not going to give you any bonus miles."
You gotta really mean it.