Author Topic: Filing complaint under somebody's account  (Read 7554 times)

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Filing complaint under somebody's account
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »
Risk? What risk?

You book him under your account, you get the stays, the points, the further good will of HGP, etc.
Eh I don't know the exact risk but I don't think they would be happy with me just giving out my account to people hence the new benefit of gifting diamond only by award stays.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
Eh I don't know the exact risk but I don't think they would be happy with me just giving out my account to people hence the new benefit of gifting diamond only by award stays.

The risk approaches... zero.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »
The risk approaches... zero.
Would you put your account online? Besides for the fact of giving out your info obviously.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
There's allowing guys to use your account on DDF, and then there is playing traffic.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »
As I said before I don't know the exact percentage of risk or Hyatt's policys regarding this and it's probably against the T&C's. 1 night is really just not worth the hassle. That's just me you can definitely feel different about it.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »
Why don't you just call Hyatt then and tell them that person who complained under your name had no right to do so?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 09:20:27 PM »
Why don't you just call Hyatt then and tell them that person who complained under your name had no right to do so?
Definitely thinking about it. I plan to tell them to take back the points as of now. But I feel that serves no purpose.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »
Definitely thinking about it. I plan to tell them to take back the points as of now. But I feel that serves no purpose.
If you are ready to face all consequences, then I commend you on your uprightness.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 09:31:05 PM »
That would be like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »
If you are ready to face all consequences, then I commend you on your uprightness.
I'm not sure what you mean by consequences. But it's not uprightness, it's im p-ed off they complained on my account and the lack of interest of dealing with this person.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 09:32:21 PM »
That would be like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.
Lol!! Never heard that one.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 10:23:45 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by consequences. But it's not uprightness, it's im p-ed off they complained on my account and the lack of interest of dealing with this person.
1. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for confirming that it's all about revenge.
2. It's really frustrating to listen to somebody contradict themselves on almost every point in their logic. You are not sure what I mean by consequences? Ummm, what did you mean when you went on at length about the "risk" you undertook by letting your buddy use your account?

Disagree 100%. The amount I gain is really not worth the risk at all. Right now I am diamond until 2016. I have no reason to start booking people under my account yet, unless it's a 5 night stay or more ;).

As I said before I don't know the exact percentage of risk or Hyatt's policys regarding this and it's probably against the T&C's. 1 night is really just not worth the hassle. That's just me you can definitely feel different about it.

Pick a side. You can't have your logic both ways. Sorry to sound harsh.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 10:35:05 PM »
The way I see it is as follows. I do you a favor, yes I do gain but nonetheless a favor, by putting it under my account you understand that everything, meaning stay credits benefits etc, is mine. What you get is my diamond benefits. You therefore forfeit the rights to get any other benefits such as complain and receive compensation because it's under my account. That's reason 1. Reason 2 is simple, not only are you complaining etc you are using my name and my account to do it!! You are misrepresenting yourself as me, I did not give you the right to do that. I can if I decide to let you use my name and misrepresent yourself as me but that is totally at my discretion. Just because your stay is under my account does not in anyway give you full unfiltered access to my diamond account.
I love the indignance at him "misrepresenting" himself as you when the whole setup was you misrepresenting him as you
Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 11:04:51 PM »
1. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for confirming that it's all about revenge.
2. It's really frustrating to listen to somebody contradict themselves on almost every point in their logic. You are not sure what I mean by consequences? Ummm, what did you mean when you went on at length about the "risk" you undertook by letting your buddy use your account?

Pick a side. You can't have your logic both ways. Sorry to sound harsh.
It has nothing to do with revenge, it's just a matter of working with people who push the line and p you off. That's not revenge, that's just picking who you deal with. I guess in hindsight it's one thing.
 I really don't think I am contradicting myself, maybe it's because I'm in the situation. I'm going to try to brake it down simply the way I look at it. I look at it as a favor when I book a night for sombody under my account. Simply because I don't need the stays, that does not mean I don't appreciate the stays, it just means for sombody random I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to book it for them. Therefore if I do book it for you and I do spend 10 min or so doing it and I do go against hyatts T&C's (I'm assuming) for you then that does not mean that you can then do whatever you want with my account. Maybe I'm just missing it....

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »
I love the indignance at him "misrepresenting" himself as you when the whole setup was you misrepresenting him as you
Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.
Bec we take advantage of hyatt means we can now take advantage of each other....

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:26 PM »
This thread has crossed the threshold from frustrating to hilarious. OP, I am sure you are an awesome guy. I just think you should really let this one guy and use your brain for better things.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 11:16:51 PM »
Bec we take advantage ofsteal from hyatt means we can now take advantage of each other....
FTFY
And no, it's just that you are indignant about the fact that he is representing himself as you
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 11:21:15 PM »
 I guess we agree to disagree.

Online farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 07:13:12 PM »
Somewhat related: who has access to 20% rebate currently being offered?
Risk is opportunity

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is an inversely proportional ratio to complaining:receiving compensation.

See, Northwest, Inc. v. Ginsberg, 134 S. Ct. 142.

I remember that court case.
I was there at the supreme court case in DC
too bad Delta won.
atleast they lost the 9th circuit
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)