Author Topic: Ultimate Rewards points question  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Jim

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Ultimate Rewards points question
« on: March 06, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
I've been follow DD for awhile now and yesterday was the first time I tried to book a rewards flight using UR points. I wanted to book a flight for my mom but noticed that I was only able to transfer UR points into a Skypass account under my name. Skypass only allows me to book a flight for myself with those points so I was unable to get a ticket for my Mom.

I read Dan's posts about the trips he takes with his family and how he pays for it with his points. How do I use UR points to book flights for people other than me and my wife? Is it possible to book a flight for my kid through my Skypass account? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Rewards points question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »
I've been follow DD for awhile now and yesterday was the first time I tried to book a rewards flight using UR points. I wanted to book a flight for my mom but noticed that I was only able to transfer UR points into a Skypass account under my name. Skypass only allows me to book a flight for myself with those points so I was unable to get a ticket for my Mom.

I read Dan's posts about the trips he takes with his family and how he pays for it with his points. How do I use UR points to book flights for people other than me and my wife? Is it possible to book a flight for my kid through my Skypass account? Any help on this would be appreciated.
There are multiple airlines you can transfer to. Where do you need to fly? You can also book family members through skypass, but there paperwork to be done.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »

You CAN transfer your UR into someone else's Skypass account.

Offline Jim

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:55:24 AM »
You CAN transfer your UR into someone else's Skypass account.

Really? How? Chase says I can only transfer my UR into my own or my spouse's Skypass account. Please elaborate, thanks!

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »
Really? How? Chase says I can only transfer my UR into my own or my spouse's Skypass account. Please elaborate, thanks!
Not everyone listens to the guidelines.

Not saying it is correct, but technically, one can do it.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Jim

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 10:06:55 AM »
There are multiple airlines you can transfer to. Where do you need to fly? You can also book family members through skypass, but there paperwork to be done.

I already booked the ticket for my mother using cash since I couldn't figure out the UR points to miles thing in time. We're planning a trip to Hong Kong later this year so I definitely want to use my UR points for that.

How do I do the paperwork for booking family members on my skypass account? When I spoke to Skypass, they said my wife needed her own account and I had to transfer my UR points into her account in order to book a ticket for her. They stated that a skypass account owner may only book award tickets for themselves.

Chase then said I can only transfer my UR points into a Skypass account for myself or my wife. This seems kinda weird to me that I am unable to book a ticket for my children (or my mom) with my UR points.

Since this is my first time trying to book this, I am unaware of the loopholes.

Offline Jim

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 10:08:04 AM »
Not everyone listens to the guidelines.

Not saying it is correct, but technically, one can do it.

So on the page where I fill out the form to transfer my UR points to a Skypass account, I can just put in any account?  ???

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:11:21 AM »
I already booked the ticket for my mother using cash since I couldn't figure out the UR points to miles thing in time. We're planning a trip to Hong Kong later this year so I definitely want to use my UR points for that.

How do I do the paperwork for booking family members on my skypass account? When I spoke to Skypass, they said my wife needed her own account and I had to transfer my UR points into her account in order to book a ticket for her. They stated that a skypass account owner may only book award tickets for themselves.

Chase then said I can only transfer my UR points into a Skypass account for myself or my wife. This seems kinda weird to me that I am unable to book a ticket for my children (or my mom) with my UR points.

Since this is my first time trying to book this, I am unaware of the loopholes.
I do believe you need to create accounts for family members, ut the points can come out of one account.

See form here.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »
So on the page where I fill out the form to transfer my UR points to a Skypass account, I can just put in any account?  ???
Technically.
Quaerite et Invenietis.