Author Topic: Delta Awards  (Read 3318 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Delta Awards
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:45:04 PM »
Like it's counterparts, the UA Awards thread, and the AA awards thread, I bring you the DL awards thread!

To kick it off:

If booked using DL award and there is a schedule change, will DL book you into a revenue fare like some airlines, or will it never happen like with US?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:18:27 AM »
Like it's counterparts, the UA Awards thread, and the AA awards thread, I bring you the DL awards thread!

To kick it off:

If booked using DL award and there is a schedule change, will DL book you into a revenue fare like some airlines, or will it never happen like with US?
Are you booked on DL metal or partner?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 01:22:18 AM »

To kick it off:

Ive had this and they rebooked me into non-existent award space but the fare-class was the award class. Ie- no miles.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:09:59 AM »
Are you booked on DL metal or partner?

Combination.

Ive had this and they rebooked me into non-existent award space but the fare-class was the award class. Ie- no miles.

Yeah,  that's what I'm reading. Seems they'll book you in any award class on their own metal, but less accommodating on partners.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »

Yeah,  that's what I'm reading. Seems they'll book you in any award class on their own metal, but less accommodating on partners.
Why would you think Delta would book you into a revenue fare on a partner if there was a schedule change on the award partner flight?

He Lerner would have to agree to any changes when there is no available award.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:09:03 AM »
Combination.

With DL IME they will accommodate you +/- 1 day. Reg in which class they will book you in depends in the rep, some will overbook your original award class on the new flight, and some will just put in whatever class is available, even revenue. I once had an award with DL in Y JFK-TLV and there was a change so I asked to re-book me in a different date, there was only M class available (upgradeable) and they just reissued the ticket in M class. Then I upgraded it with 25k DL miles  :D :D

Reg partners I guess its YMMV, no data here.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »
Why would you think Delta would book you into a revenue fare on a partner if there was a schedule change on the award partner flight?

He Lerner would have to agree to any changes when there is no available award.

Well, truthfully, a revenue ticket on a partner would likely only happen during IRROPS, not a schedule change months in advance.

With DL IME they will accommodate you +/- 1 day. Reg in which class they will book you in depends in the rep, some will overbook your original award class on the new flight, and some will just put in whatever class is available, even revenue. I once had an award with DL in Y JFK-TLV and there was a change so I asked to re-book me in a different date, there was only M class available (upgradeable) and they just reissued the ticket in M class. Then I upgraded it with 25k DL miles  :D :D

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. Thanks.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »

I've got +/- 2 weeks :) Booked with Korean on Delta metal. Delta opened up availability for me.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
If I DL flight I've been watching went up to a higher award level, does that mean the odds are it won't go down to Saver level ever?

Offline Myccrabbi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »
If I DL flight I've been watching went up to a higher award level, does that mean the odds are it won't go down to Saver level ever?
DL will make the award level higher the closer it gets to the departure date,
Chances are that it's not going down.
If u work for a living, why kill urself working?

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »
DL will make the award level higher the closer it gets to the departure date,
Chances are that it's not going down.
>:( Knocking down my options :-[

Offline mawmaw

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 12:17:02 AM »
dose delta ever charge less then 162k for J direct on  JFK-TLV ? i checked for the next year nothing less then that