Author Topic: British Airways Executive Club Account Audit  (Read 1794 times)

Offline GTR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
British Airways Executive Club Account Audit
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
So heres all the facts about what happened:

I previously logged in (both on computer and phone app) to my mother's BAEC account to search availability.  Her account has existed for 2 months - I set it up for her to transfer 75k MR w/ the 40% bonus. 

Just last week I set up my own BAEC account cause I figured I'd need it soon/at some point.  I changed over all my computers and apps to my login.  Early this week I got an email from BA alerting me that my account had been hacked and though nothing was stollen I should change my password.  NBD, no point in there anyway, password changed. 

Yesterday, I transfered 5k UR to potentially use to book my wife on a better flight from PIT -> NYC than her booked work flight.  The transfer went through almost instantly, no problem.  Today, I logged in to see if the wife's potential flight was still available (it wasn't) but to my shock the 5,000 Avios were gone - statement says "Ex-Gratia - Manual Avios Adjustment."

Initially, I thought this might be another hacker... But I googled and found that it's an BAEC account audit!  I called BA and they gave me some run around about how an audit was triggered but they've notified the back office about my situation and it "you should hear something in about a week."

Now, keep in mind that, like i suspect many of you do, I search award flights all day long planning different trips, weekends, and getaways.  However, I've never booked a flight though BAEC, not for myself and not for anyone else!  In fact, I've only ever transfered a grand total of 5k and that was yesterday! 

What is everyone's experience with this?  I would like to be able to book some short haul baseball day trips in the spring, I hope it doesn't take forever to reinstate my account!

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: British Airways Executive Club Account Audit
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »
If you didn't do anything wrong, you'll be fine.

Just wait.

Offline GTR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:24:56 PM »
I thought as much.  I've never sold or wouldn't sell (I'd rather travel)!  Just annoying.  I'm seeing people has holds as long as 40 days!

Offline GTR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:27:29 AM »
They're back.  That was quick, i guess the phone call worked.

Offline Simon11211

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:49:21 AM »
I wanna know if that's a audit for specific accounts or a real hacker ? Or it was BA self that made that !