Author Topic: Last minute getaway this weekend  (Read 2083 times)

Offline LAXtraveler

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Last minute getaway this weekend
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »
I would love to take my wife away to the Rancho Mirage/Indian Wells area tomorrow night or Sunday through Monday morning. Does anyone have access to any good rates/deals that are not published rates? Ideally I would like to find something that allows me to play a round of golf while she can get a massage at the spa. Options for hotels would be: Hyatt Grand Champions, Rancho Las Palmas, JW Marriott, Westin Mission Hills, Miramonte, or others people have been to that they can recommend. Thanks!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Last minute getaway this weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:16 PM »
Hyatt grand champions is an amazing hotel.  Got an awesome penthouse suite there last pesach.

Book under a diamond member for grand club access and upgrades.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
Hyatt grand champions is an amazing hotel.  Got an awesome penthouse suite there last pesach.

Book under a diamond member for grand club access and upgrades.

If I PM you my details can we put something together for the $199 rate they have available right now? Or maybe one of the packages?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
Sure.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:54:53 AM »
Thanks, Dan for arranging my stay at the Hyatt Grand Champions. It was a beautiful one nigh getaway very much needed by my wife and myself. We were upgraded to a larger (not suite) room with a view of the pool area. In addition, because Dan booked for us we were able to get complimentary self-parking and access to the Regency Club where we had plenty for breakfast.

The hotel grounds are very nice and we took advantage of the emptiness of the resort and laid by the adult pool for many hours just reading and schmoozing away. In addition, we got the chance to use the hotels free bikes (they charge you for them in the resort fee) to ride for about a half hour around the property. With 80 degree weather in the middle of January, I couldn't ask for a better place to relax.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »
Thanks, Dan for arranging my stay at the Hyatt Grand Champions. It was a beautiful one nigh getaway very much needed by my wife and myself. We were upgraded to a larger (not suite) room with a view of the pool area. In addition, because Dan booked for us we were able to get complimentary self-parking and access to the Regency Club where we had plenty for breakfast.

The hotel grounds are very nice and we took advantage of the emptiness of the resort and laid by the adult pool for many hours just reading and schmoozing away. In addition, we got the chance to use the hotels free bikes (they charge you for them in the resort fee) to ride for about a half hour around the property. With 80 degree weather in the middle of January, I couldn't ask for a better place to relax.
Glad you enjoyed!
Did you ask if they would upgrade you to their penthouse suites?  They are really amazing...maybe next time!
They also have villas but I don't think they upgrade to them.
When we were there last April the sprawling pool/hot tub area said that it was closed at night.  But we went anyway at like midnight and the gates were open and there wasn't a soul in sight.

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:58 PM »
Glad you enjoyed!
Did you ask if they would upgrade you to their penthouse suites?  They are really amazing...maybe next time!
They also have villas but I don't think they upgrade to them.
When we were there last April the sprawling pool/hot tub area said that it was closed at night.  But we went anyway at like midnight and the gates were open and there wasn't a soul in sight.

They wouldn't let me upgrade anymore than what he gave me but I tried. He did ask for you, but I told him you were coming later and he said he would just program the cards and provide the free parking since I was providing the credit card. The pool was technically open until 10pm, but we went out in the evening so we didn't have a chance to use it at night anyway (but it was probably a little too cold for going in at night). Thanks again for a great quick trip!