Author Topic: Random Airline Questions.  (Read 775612 times)

Offline a mirrer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Random airline-questions.
« Reply #1640 on: January 08, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »
How do I find out what YQ will be charged on a LOT flight reserved by SQ miles? Is it the same a UA would be?
SQ charges YQ on LOT as opposed to UA, so your best bet to check would be Matrix

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 08, 2018, 02:19:07 PM »
How do I find out what YQ will be charged on a LOT flight reserved by SQ miles? Is it the same a UA would be?
UA doesn't charge tax for any of their partner awards.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 08, 2018, 04:33:24 PM »
◦Sometimes websites won’t allow infants or kids to book a ticket. The date of birth on a ticket isn’t actually matched up with anything, so I’ve been known to add 100 years to the age of my kids when I need to and I’ve never run into any issues.

https://www.dansdeals.com/airfare-deals/rules-of-the-deal-3/
I flew on AA with a BA Avios ticket and TSA pre wouldn't show because the DOBs didn't match till I updated the DOB.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 08, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
I flew on AA with a BA Avios ticket and TSA pre wouldn't show because the DOBs didn't match till I updated the DOB.
Pre check is the only thing that birthday matters for.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Sola

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 08, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
Does that matter for a minor?  I thought they match up the DOB to the adult.  If the adult gets Pre-Check, an under-12 minor goes along with them.

Offline Joe4007

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 08, 2018, 10:55:55 PM »
UA doesn't charge tax for any of their partner awards.
Correction: they do charge tax, they just don't charge fuel surcharges.

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 09, 2018, 04:06:38 AM »
Correction: they do charge tax, they just don't charge fuel surcharges.
True

Offline yitrap

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 09, 2018, 04:07:12 AM »
Why is it that some flights to Israel you don't have to remain seated for the last hour and some you do?

Offline Emgee

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 09, 2018, 01:26:03 PM »
I had 2 one way tickets booked on American through ba last week, the first leg was cancelled due to the storm. What is the airlines obligation as to refund the return ticket (which I obviously missed). Whom should I contact BA OR AA?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:30:47 PM by Emgee »

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1649 on: January 09, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »
I had 2 one way tickets booked on American through ba last week, the first leg was cancelled due to the storm. What is the airlines obligation as to refund the return ticket (which I obviously missed). Whom should I contact BA OR AA?
You would have to call BA. Since you booked 2 OWs I dont believe they are obligated to cancel for free but Im sure if you explain the situation to them they might do it as a courtesy

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: January 09, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
When is / was the return? Things get more complicated once you're a no-show (regardless of reason).

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 09, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
When is / was the return? Things get more complicated once you're a no-show (regardless of reason).
If it was two one ways, there shouldn't be a no show issue.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 09, 2018, 04:03:22 PM »
If it was two one ways, there shouldn't be a no show issue.
Exactly my point / question. He should've cancelled that segment he knew he was missing (since he didn't fly THERE), his post doesn't imply that he did..

If the return ticket passed already, why didn't you cancel before return flight time (so that you wouldn't be a no show)? If it didn't yet pass, call to cancel it and ask for a fee waiver..

Not saying it can't be done now, just that it's easier to get them to do something like this proactively..

Offline Emgee

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 10, 2018, 12:23:21 AM »
Exactly my point / question. He should've cancelled that segment he knew he was missing (since he didn't fly THERE), his post doesn't imply that he did..

If the return ticket passed already, why didn't you cancel before return flight time (so that you wouldn't be a no show)? If it didn't yet pass, call to cancel it and ask for a fee waiver..

Not saying it can't be done now, just that it's easier to get them to do something like this proactively..
Yes I did cancel it before the second segment (which already passed).

Offline Emgee

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 10, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »
OK This sucks. after waiting almost an hour on the phone for an agent all they had to say is "sorry for the inconvenience we won't refund for the second segment". Anything else I can do at this point, I mean this doesn't make sense, they were the ones who canceled my first flight don't they have some sort of responsibility to refund my flight back? (I understand that technically speaking it was 2 separate reservations, but I think any normal person with a little common sense would agree with me)

Dan often encourages to do 2 o/w, doesn't that create massive headaches such as this one?

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 10, 2018, 03:33:30 PM »
OK This sucks. after waiting almost an hour on the phone for an agent all they had to say is "sorry for the inconvenience we won't refund for the second segment". Anything else I can do at this point, I mean this doesn't make sense, they were the ones who canceled my first flight don't they have some sort of responsibility to refund my flight back? (I understand that technically speaking it was 2 separate reservations, but I think any normal person with a little common sense would agree with me)

Dan often encourages to do 2 o/w, doesn't that create massive headaches such as this one?
Why don’t you Ask them to at least rebook you for a later date and then call later to cancel?

Offline Emgee

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 10, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
Why don’t you Ask them to at least rebook you for a later date and then call later to cancel?
Can i still do that? even though i have canceled that flight and the date has passed?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:51:06 PM by Emgee »

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 10, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »

The reason Dan says to book as two one ways is for precisely this reason, if something happens to the first flight, you have no problems changing our canceling the second flight. In this case, it seems like you just messed up and didn't cancel your return even though it was a separate flight.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 10, 2018, 08:55:31 PM »
Can i still do that? even though i have canceled that flight and the date has passed?
It's definitely worth a shot, if you can get them to rebook you, you should be able to cancel after.

Offline Emgee

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 11, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
The reason Dan says to book as two one ways is for precisely this reason, if something happens to the first flight, you have no problems changing our canceling the second flight. In this case, it seems like you just messed up and didn't cancel your return even though it was a separate flight.
Wrong! I did cancel but it was within 24hr of departure so they refuse to refund. I see it the other way around. When you book RT, if they cancel your first segment they are now obligated to refund the second segment no questions asked...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:06:33 PM by Emgee »