Author Topic: Pesach 2016 in St George Utah  (Read 6696 times)

Offline aarony

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Pesach 2016 in St George Utah
« on: April 29, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »
I am considering doing a trip to St George Utah for Pesach next year (if moshiach does not come).  We would be there for the week before as well that would give us enough time to get a taste of some of the beautiful sights in that area.

There are a lot of logistics that i will need to work out.  There is no minyan, minimal kosher food, illegal to bring in wine (need to do a special order through the state store!) etc...

however, the area is really beautiful and is centrally located to Zion, Bryce & Grand Canyon.  The weather during the second half of April is gorgeous and they don't get much rain.  It is 2 hours from Vegas, but i would probably still bring (ship) almost everything from NY.

There are some nice houses for rent that would have room for all of us and i am hoping that we will have enough family to have a minyan.  If not, maybe we will find another family that wants to do the same trip and rent a house within walking distance (prob 15-20 minutes).

I know pesach is a year away but there is a lot to figure out here so if anyone has done something like this in the past, please let me know - i can use any tips you have.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:01:04 PM by aarony »

Offline Aj3042

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
Re: Pesach 2016 in St George Utah
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »
I am considering doing a trip to St George Utah for Pesach next year (if moshiach does not come).  We would be there for the week before as well that would give us enough time to get a taste of some of the beautiful sights in that area.

There are a lot of logistics that i will need to work out.  There is no minyan, minimal kosher food, illegal to bring in wine (need to do a special order through the state store!) etc...

however, the area is really beautiful and is centrally located to Zion, Bryce & Grand Canyon.  The weather during the second half of April is gorgeous and they don't get much rain.  It is 2 hours from Vegas, but i would probably still bring (ship) almost everything from NY.

There are some nice houses for rent that would have room for all of us and i am hoping that we will have enough family to have a minyan.  If not, maybe we will find another family that wants to do the same trip and rent a house within walking distance (prob 15-20 minutes).

I know pesach is a year away but there is a lot to figure out here so if anyone has done something like this in the past, please let me know - i can use any tips you have.
You'd go the whole Pesach without a minyan? Or you're trying to get one?
St. George UT is hard to beat.

Offline Adam101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »
I thought you were going to a hotel. From the looks of the title...

Offline aarony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:34:54 PM »
I would only go if I have a minyan with me for all of yomtov.  Private house and backyard is a lot more my speed than in a hotel.  It would be nice to have a caterer but we will have to settle to having a waiter or two for the hotel-like experience!

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
  • Programs: Presidential Limo Gold, Secret Service Detail Platinum, Air Force One Diamond, White House Free Days, Red Telephone Priority Service.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
I would only go if I have a minyan with me for all of yomtov.  Private house and backyard is a lot more my speed than in a hotel.  It would be nice to have a caterer but we will have to settle to having a waiter or two for the hotel-like experience!
Good idea pretty out of the box. I like it (but I never go away Pesach-if I would I'd love something like this).

Offline Tankchucker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »
Good idea pretty out of the box. I like it (but I never go away Pesach-if I would I'd love something like this).
S*** you're like the most popular member of DDF, and he can't have you join him for pesach because of your chumros.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 06:07:31 PM »

Quite random. What made you decide on this?

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 06:08:12 PM »

you're like the most popular member of DDF
Since when? This is a new development?

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 06:14:58 PM »
Since when? This is a new development?
I was sarcastic but Not a new development   he's most disliked on DDF after Moshe 87 who is also disliked (by choice)

Offline aarony

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
I am a CPA and next year pesach is very late - a week after April 15th deadline.  So I have a full week before pesach to go away.  I was looking for a nice area that would work (e.g. Palm Springs) and came across st george.  The weather and location are perfect - just no Jews at all!   It is less than an hour to Zion national park. 2.5 hours to Bryce and grand canyons.  Plus countless closer hikes.  Average high in the high. 70's during that time.  Every outdoor activity available... And beautiful houses available to rent with gorgeous backyard's pools trampolines and playgrounds

Offline Palm5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
I am a CPA and next year pesach is very late - a week after April 15th deadline.  So I have a full week before pesach to go away.  I was looking for a nice area that would work (e.g. Palm Springs) and came across st george.  The weather and location are perfect - just no Jews at all!   It is less than an hour to Zion national park. 2.5 hours to Bryce and grand canyons.  Plus countless closer hikes.  Average high in the high. 70's during that time.  Every outdoor activity available... And beautiful houses available to rent with gorgeous backyard's pools trampolines and playgrounds

What do houses go For? Being that your an accountant, what would the cost be for say family of four

Offline aarony

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »
I only looked at much larger houses. 

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »
I was sarcastic but Not a new development   he's most disliked on DDF after Moshe 87 who is also disliked (by choice)
Not saying you are wrong but how does a guy with 123 posts know this?

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
Not saying you are wrong but how does a guy with 123 posts know this?
I'm read more than I post here, as I don't like to post in threads that I can't add to, and I only started to be active here 4 months ago and have see those 2 guys pulling their crap all the time.

Offline aarony

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 10:45:16 PM »
Ok. Let's get back on track here.  Anyone stayed in st george?  Anyone here live in vegas? Need to know more about what is available for pesach.

Offline Aj3042

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »
S*** you're like the most popular member of DDF, and he can't have you join him for pesach because of your chumros.
I'm read more than I post here, as I don't like to post in threads that I can't add to, and I only started to be active here 4 months ago and have see those 2 guys pulling their crap all the time.

If it was anyone else maybe I'd bother to respond substantively. But it's clear from your foul language that you're of foul mind as well (if sane, which might be already granting you too much) and so I won't dignify you with a response other than if you're having problems go take it out in road rage, on your wife, or your coworkers, and leave people that don't know you nor ever provoked you alone.

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 12:27:01 AM »
If it was anyone else maybe I'd bother to respond substantively. But it's clear from your foul language that you're of foul mind as well (if sane, which might be already granting you too much) and so I won't dignify you with a response other than if you're having problems go take it out in road rage, on your wife, or your coworkers, and leave people that don't know you nor ever provoked you alone.
calm down all
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 01:00:42 AM »
it's clear from your foul language that you're of foul mind as well
Proof that the line "it takes one to know one" isn't always true.

(if sane, which might be already granting you too much)
Coming from you I'll take it as a compliment.

if you're having problems go take it out in road rage, on your wife, or your coworkers, and leave people that don't know you nor ever provoked you alone.
I don't come to DDF to solve my problems, but it would be smarter for someone to take out his problems on strangers on the internet then on other drivers who can be dangerous or with loved ones and people that he has to deal with on a daily basis, No?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:04:53 AM by Tankchucker »

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »
Rumor has it that there is a nice hotel in those parts

http://www.amanresorts.com/amangiri/home.aspx

Offline aarony