Handy tips on navigating DDF
As Dan writes, navigating all 1,000,000 +/- posts on DDF can be daunting, but on the other hand, there are a few things that can be done to keep up with all that happens on DDF. After all, you don’t want to miss all the good stuff that goes on on DDF.
1. Definitely sign up for a login. This will enable you to quickly see which posts have been added to since your last visit.
2. Start at the show new replies since your last visit. Once you read a thread, and there are no new replies there, it won’t show up there. If you are not interested in following threads on the Tech board, or the Goods for sale board, there is a way that these will not show up. (Profile/Modify Profile/Ignore board options). If a threads become not pertinent to you, you can always check the ignore box next to that thread.
3. If you have an issue with a particular airline or credit card, post your question there. Then if there is a new reply, you’ll see it in the ‘Show new replies to your post’.
4. As you look at the posts, if you see some that are constantly showing near the top, this is an active thread, and it may be worthwhile to read through the first wo and last two pages of the thread.
5. Stalk. If you see guys that you like their posts in general, by going to their profile, you can see all of their posts. Maybe they said something in a thread that you weren't following.
6. At the bottom of the page under ‘forum Stats’ there is a link to see only the most recent posts. This sort of puts everything out of context, but its good to check it out to see whats being posted about.
7. There are also options for getting email notifications when there are new replies or new topics posted.
Any other ideas? Please comment!