Author Topic: Jewish Music (New CDs, hock, and opinions)  (Read 810704 times)

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Jewish Music (New CDs, hock, and opinions)
« Reply #1040 on: February 20, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »
When done through the Google music app or extension it is unlimited.
What other way is there to download it? Also, doesn't downloading through the app only allow you to listen on Google Play?

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #1041 on: February 20, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »
What other way is there to download it?
Through the browser
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 20, 2017, 08:26:01 PM »
Through the browser
What's the difference between using the extension and using the browser? I get to my uploaded Google Play music on my PC through.play.google.com. Is there another way?

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 20, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »
What's the difference between using the extension and using the browser? I get to my uploaded Google Play music on my PC through.play.google.com. Is there another way?
I'm not 100% sure, but after installing the chrome extension, when I went to an album to download it I didn't get the warning that you can only download each album twice.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1044 on: February 20, 2017, 09:02:46 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but after installing the chrome extension, when I went to an album to download it I didn't get the warning that you can only download each album twice.
That
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 22, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »
There's a lot of new music out or coming out. Lev Tahor 5, Boruch Shalom's dance album, and Boruch Learns About Purim are out. Coming soon: MBD (we hope!), 8th Day, Beats 2, Project Relax Again (Leiner and Levine), Simchas Hachaim 6, Malei Simcha 3, and I think some more that I can't remember offhand.

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43:51 PM »
There's a lot of new music out or coming out. Lev Tahor 5, Boruch Shalom's dance album, and Boruch Learns About Purim are out. Coming soon: MBD (we hope!), 8th Day, Beats 2, Project Relax Again (Leiner and Levine), Simchas Hachaim 6, Malei Simcha 3, and I think some more that I can't remember offhand.
Simchas hachaim is out

Offline AROCKS1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:54 PM »
So frustrating! A bunch of these albums are out already and not a single one is on Google Music or Tidal (the full subscription that people usually pay for ). What good is a subscription service if we can't get the new music??

Offline etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 23, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »
So frustrating! A bunch of these albums are out already and not a single one is on Google Music or Tidal (the full subscription that people usually pay for ). What good is a subscription service if we can't get the new music??
If it's any consolation, Shwekey's new album is on Google Play

Offline AROCKS1

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 23, 2017, 07:52:02 PM »
Yea I know. But his album isn't really new , it's just a bunch of old stuff he kumzitzes 🙄. #firstworldproblems

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: February 23, 2017, 11:33:41 PM »
Yea I know. But his album isn't really new , it's just a bunch of old stuff he kumzitzes . #firstworldproblems
Sometimes old is better than new.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 23, 2017, 11:35:03 PM »
And Benny Friedman's. But I'm waiting for Lev tahor 5.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Yankee123

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 24, 2017, 10:42:11 AM »
I just bought LT V.   first time around - a tad disappointing.

Also, for all info on the CD you have to go to their website.

Offline TheAsh

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 25, 2017, 03:19:53 PM »
Here is my review of Lev Tahor's new album LTV.
Just a short warning: LTV is a particularly interesting album in some ways because it's actually 2 albums in one: Lev Tahor 5 and Eli Schwebel 2, which is fine, as I did enjoy Eli's first album. However I do wish that there were more Lev Tahor 4 style songs.
I will first review each track individually and then the album as a whole, first using a 1-5 star system (similar to Amazon) followed by my individual opinion.
(Note that the cd includes no PDF thus I am unaware who composed which songs.)

1) Hallelu - 3.5/5. LTV starts off on a fun note with Hallelu, a song which is quite enjoyable the first few times and then becomes extremely annoying. Also it sounds extremely similar to  "Vacation Road" from National Lampoon Vacation. One things for sure - this song will be stuck in your heard. For like, forever. (or so it feels to me.)

2) Lecha Dodi - 4/5. C'mon, did we really need another tune to Lecha Dodi? But the song is very solid. This is also a definite Lev Tahor song and not Eli Schwebel 2.

3) Gam Zu - 4/5. A great song. But definitely not a Lev Tahor song. This is pure Schwebel.

4) Shoovi - 3/5. An underwhelming Eli Schwebel song that tries too hard to be catchy.

5) Avdecha 3.5/5. With Avdecha, we're back in Lev Tahor territory. It's a decent slow song with a boring low part. But with a high part that really delivers, it hearkens back to old Lev Tahor territory.

6) Simchas Beis Hashoeiva - 0/5. This song is atrocious. Seriously atrocious. A bad shatnez of Eli Schwebel and Lipa, the song sounds really terrible. But what earns this song a zero rating is the despicable intro alluding to a Simchas Beis Hashoeiva\concert featuring a DJ and Lipa - in the Beis Hamikdash!

7) Birchas Hachodesh - 4/5. A great Lev Tahor slow song. But the tune and the words are very generic. The harmonies, though, are uniquely Lev Tahor.

8) Yaggapella - 2/5. An acapella remake of Eli's hit single Yagga off his solo album. I was so looking forward to this song, expecting a return to the old Lev Tahor acapella harmonies. Instead we get a bad version of A.K.A. Pella-style computerized drums which is not going to be on anyone's playlist this sfira. The one redeeming factor is the gorgeous harmonies of Lev Tahor in the high part, which, without the awful beatboxing ruining everything, would be drop-dead stunning! I really hope Lev Tahor rereleases another version of this song before sefira without the computer drums.

9) Dror Yikra - 5/5. Our first 5/5 song. I hope you didn't give up on this cd just yet, because Lev Tahor is extremely talented and is just getting started! This song is beautiful, both in singing and arrangements, and has been on repeat in my house since I bought the album. It's also Lev Tahor in a different style than usual, more like their second album than their fourth. A great song.
UPDATE: Someone told me this song was released a while ago, on Harei Yehuda. Either way, an amazing song. (I wonder why they didn't include Av Harachamim from the shmorg then?)

10) Mr. Tanner - 5/5. I don't know where they found this song, but Lev Tahor just released the next big English classic in the Jewish world! This brings back memories of The Ninth Man and Throw Away Your Hammer and is absolutely gorgeous! Eli in particular really outdoes himself on this one. Vintage Lev Tahor!

11) Don't Stop Giving Love - 5/5. Another remake of a song on Eli's solo album, this one is amazing. This song particularly surprised me, because I did not enjoy that much the original version of this one and I don't generally enjoy computerized DJ remixes. However Lev Tahor  really outdo themselves here, with a great remix that is far better than the original. However this is most definitely an Eli Schwebel 2 song, not a Lev Tahor.

12) Meheira - 6/5! Did we really need another Meheira? And the answer is YES!!!! This song deserves six out of five, and that's what it gets! This song is vintage Lev Tahor, and sounds like it came straight off their fourth album. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if this song was recorded right after Lev Tahor's fourth album, or was a reject of it. In either case it's a great song, and if you're an addict looking for your next Lev Tahor fix, this is your song.

Overall Album: 4/5.

Lev Tahor's new album comes off with a disappointing start, but the final four tracks more than make up for it. The album is definitely worth the $11. However, when compared to the sparkling-gem Grammy-level album that was Lev Tahor 4, LTV, with the exceptions of Mr. Tanner and Meheira, fails to deliver. Overall, though the album is well worth buying, and especially compared to the other new Jewish albums, LTV is far superior. (well I dont know about 8th Day's but the three songs I heard samples of were quite underwhelming).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 06:08:21 PM by TheAsh »
Check out @JewishAlternativeMusic2 on Telegram.

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 26, 2017, 12:44:18 AM »
impressive review! especially coming from someone with 0 posts...
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline TheAsh

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 26, 2017, 05:36:03 AM »
impressive review! especially coming from someone with 0 posts...
Thanks!!!
Check out @JewishAlternativeMusic2 on Telegram.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 27, 2017, 11:21:12 AM »
Sure. They let you download each of your albums a limited number of times (2 or 3 IIRC), but 1 should be enough anyways.

What other way is there to download it? Also, doesn't downloading through the app only allow you to listen on Google Play?
I downloaded purchase GP music to my phone via Google play app.
How do I now send this via watsap to my family? Can't find the file anywhere on my phone..

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 28, 2017, 08:12:30 PM »
I downloaded purchase GP music to my phone via Google play app.
How do I now send this via watsap to my family? Can't find the file anywhere on my phone..
I believe you only get mp3 files when you download in the browser (on desktop).

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 01, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »
Are we living in a horror movie where there are so many albums coming out that it will use up all our living space? ;) No jokes, there were EIGHT collection albums that came out in the past short while: Simchas Hachaim, Molei Simcha, BSB, Beats, Pure Simcha (Eitan Katz), Shwekey Collection, Relax Again, and Zanvel Weinberger. 4 of them came out in the last week!

Offline Danfan27

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 01, 2017, 09:21:02 PM »
The brand new L'Chaim Kindergarten Purim(2 discs)is on Google Play.