Author Topic: Jewish Music (New CDs, hock, and opinions)  (Read 810869 times)

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Jewish Music (New CDs, hock, and opinions)
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »
There's a beautiful "Kad Yasvun" that came out a year ago on Chaim Yisroel's CD "Sipur Chayai". I'm not a fan of Chaim Yisroel, but I'm blown away by this song. I believe that it is of the caliber that it could be sung in every house on Shavuos, alongside the traditional one and Benny Friedman's. I searched for a link to download just this song, but I couldn't find one. If you have the CD, take it out and listen well to Kad Yasvun. It's WOW!
As you said, I'm also not too much of a fan either of Chaim Yisroel therfore I don't know which CD you are referring to, but I know a "kad yasvin" from Chaim Yisroel so I assume it's this one. And your absolutely right it's beyond gorgeous the song really brings out the words, something I'm used to only by the king Mordechai.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »
There's a beautiful "Kad Yasvun" that came out a year ago on Chaim Yisroel's CD "Sipur Chayai". I'm not a fan of Chaim Yisroel, but I'm blown away by this song. I believe that it is of the caliber that it could be sung in every house on Shavuos, alongside the traditional one and Benny Friedman's. I searched for a link to download just this song, but I couldn't find one. If you have the CD, take it out and listen well to Kad Yasvun. It's WOW!
This us a real gorgeous rendition of the song by Shmueli ungar the guy is really good.
Shmueli Ungar & Yedidim Choir - Chazi (Chaim Yisr…: https://youtu.be/ldDNNjrdS6A

Offline kracked dude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:20 PM »
This us a real gorgeous rendition of the song by Shmueli ungar the guy is really good.
Shmueli Ungar & Yedidim Choir - Chazi
Wow beautiful.  He's definitely a favorite 'round these parts

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »
His sis is a ddfer.

Offline MissL

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2015, 02:51:35 PM »
I downloaded just this song on Itunes. It's a dollar and change.  I got hooked after listening to Shmueli Ungar's version. Love this song!

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »
Yochi Briskman was Shwekey's producer since his first CD (back in 2001). It is well known that Briskman was a lot more than a producer to Shwekey, more like a puppet master. He coached Shwekey completely, and built the image that Shwekey now has. It is therefore interesting to see if Shwekey can survive after his recent break off with Briskman.

or will he go the way or gabay and lipa.... sigh. hope he stays relevant.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 03:25:06 PM »
or will he go the way or gabay and lipa.... sigh. hope he stays relevant.
I don't think Gabay ever had too much of a future. At least I could have told you right away that this is where he's gonna end up.
As far as Lipa goes (unfortunately?) Imho he's not gone he just comes and goes that's the nature of his popularity, celebrity style.
And I don't think Shwekey is going anywhere. if he doesn't stay with Yochi than he definitely will shrink, he won't be on the scale he used to be even if he teams up with a new guy. There aren't many that are as powerful (& unfortunately as hard to deal with [just comes along with the territory]) as Yochi.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »
As you said, I'm also not too much of a fan either of Chaim Yisroel therfore I don't know which CD you are referring to, but I know a "kad yasvin" from Chaim Yisroel so I assume it's this one. And your absolutely right it's beyond gorgeous the song really brings out the words, something I'm used to only by the king Mordechai.
Shmueli Ungar & Yedidim Choir - Chazi (Chaim Yisr…: https://youtu.be/ldDNNjrdS6A

I downloaded just this song on Itunes. It's a dollar and change.  I got hooked after listening to Shmueli Ungar's version. Love this song!
Wow! Thanks for the feedback. I can't describe how much it bothered me that it is such a beautiful song and that no one knows it. I was wishing/hoping/dying for someone mainstream to come along and sing it. I wasn't aware of Shmuly Unger's version. And it's really is great to see the feedback that everyone loves it!

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 11:58:55 AM »
I don't think Gabay ever had too much of a future. At least I could have told you right away that this is where he's gonna end up.
As far as Lipa goes (unfortunately?) Imho he's not gone he just comes and goes that's the nature of his popularity, celebrity style.
And I don't think Shwekey is going anywhere. if he doesn't stay with Yochi than he definitely will shrink, he won't be on the scale he used to be even if he teams up with a new guy. There aren't many that are as powerful (& unfortunately as hard to deal with [just comes along with the territory]) as Yochi.

gabay has a great voice and couldve been something more... a poor producer and some bad song choices just ended it for him.

lipa is a whole nother parsha. I remember when he brought the house down in MSG Thetre. sadly those days are over.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »

They are two song that have been featured on countless CDs and are already coming out of everyone's most peoples ears. He also put on other songs that are almost as overused, like El Hanar Hazeh and Keser. Yochi usually mixes in beautiful songs that no one heard of to spice it up. This time it's one predictable song after another. (I happen to really like the singing and the arrangements, but I was disappointed by the song selection.)
I finally got around to listen to it (though I didn't finish it yet) it's not bad though I see what your saying about repeating songs that was already sung way too many times. This CD sounds to me less like a relax and more like "Hissoriris" from Shwekey,  though not to be compared that was one gorgeous CD we don't get those everyday.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
gabay has a great voice and couldve been something more... a poor producer and some bad song choices just ended it for him.

lipa is a whole nother parsha. I remember when he brought the house down in MSG Thetre. sadly those days are over.
What's lipa doing these days isn't he done with college yet?

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 06:19:47 PM »
I finally got around to listen to it (though I didn't finish it yet) it's not bad though I see what your saying about repeating songs that was already sung way too many times. This CD sounds to me less like a relax and more like "Hissoriris" from Shwekey,  though not to be compared that was one gorgeous CD we don't get those everyday.
+1000

Offline Tankchucker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 08:21:23 PM »
The video is great on the ears but painful on the eyes, it keeps on fading in and out really sloooowly to different views making me feel like my eyes aren't focusing.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »
Four new CDs came out today: 1. Yochi Briskman Relax 3 with Boruch Levine and Simcha Leiner.  2. Motty Illowitz.  3. Moshe Mendelwitz Nostalgia.  4. Eli Beer.
did anyone find #1 or #3 on itunes?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 11:20:56 PM »

Wow. He's fantastic

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 06:27:41 PM »
Here's a roundup of SOME of the albums that are currently in the making (please fill in whatever I'm missing): The ones scheduled to be released shortly: 8th Day, Barach Shalom Bla-something (I can't remember his whole name. He's the guy who composed Melei'im Ziv for Yeedle. Yeedle is producing his album.). The ones who don't have a creditable release date: aka pella and friends, MBD (it already passed multiple release dates), Avraham Fried Hebrew, Avraham Fried English, Yoni Z, Yisroel Werdyger, Benny Friedman, Yossi Green (Yiddish Nachas 2), Shloime Taussig 3, Yoely Greenfeld 3, Yoely Greenfeld Beats 2, and Simcha Leiner 2. This list is off the top of my head, so I'll post more as I remember.

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 07:33:53 PM »
Here's a roundup of SOME of the albums that are currently in the making (please fill in whatever I'm missing): The ones scheduled to be released shortly: 8th Day, Barach Shalom Bla-something (I can't remember his whole name. He's the guy who composed Melei'im Ziv for Yeedle. Yeedle is producing his album.). The ones who don't have a creditable release date: aka pella and friends, MBD (it already passed multiple release dates), Avraham Fried Hebrew, Avraham Fried English, Yoni Z, Yisroel Werdyger, Benny Friedman, Yossi Green (Yiddish Nachas 2), Shloime Taussig 3, Yoely Greenfeld 3, Yoely Greenfeld Beats 2, and Simcha Leiner 2. This list is off the top of my head, so I'll post more as I remember.

Great roundup! Keep 'em coming!

Offline Tzfas

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
jewishmusic.fm you can listen to all the latest jweish music for free. Every album gets uploaded the day it is released.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
Wow! I didn't know benny is working on a CD, can't wait!
Levi Fallkowitz due any week now.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »
jewishmusic.fm you can listen to all the latest jweish music for free. Every album gets uploaded the day it is released.
nice!
is there a way to get an english version of the site?

edit: found it
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.