DansDeals Forum > Just Shmooze

The funny/strange/interesting/random pictures thread

(1/3047) > >>

whYME:
Instead of sticking them in the jokes thread I think this deserves a thread of it's own.

I'll start:

Ever wondered why Fedex overnight is so expensive? here's why:

For those not familiar with the area:

Mikeoracle:

--- Quote from: David on February 04, 2011, 10:19:37 AM ---i think he meant the map. The fedex one was very funny!

--- End quote ---
Why would anyone pay extra for expedited/ovenight for a local package? Ground delivers next day for much cheaper.
It is a ripoff that they allow uninformed people to choose this option.

Dan:

--- Quote from: Mikeoracle on February 04, 2011, 10:22:55 AM ---Why would anyone pay extra for expedited/ovenight for a local package? Ground delivers next day for much cheaper.
It is a ripoff that they allow uninformed people to choose this option.

--- End quote ---
True, but expedited is guaranteed delivery and ground isn't.
Learned that the hard way a couple months ago.

I still always send ground.  Even from CLE-NYC ground is just 2 days, no reason to pay for 2nd day.

Mikeoracle:

--- Quote from: Dan on February 04, 2011, 10:26:27 AM ---True, but expedited is guaranteed delivery and ground isn't.
Learned that the hard way a couple months ago.

I still always send ground.  Even from CLE-NYC ground is just 2 days, no reason to pay for 2nd day.

--- End quote ---
I am involved in logistics management and I think whoever is in charge of their logistical routings dropped the ball big time on this issue. This has been going on forever and the amount of money they could have saved by these packages staying local as opposed to flown back and forth is staggering I am sure...

Yaalili:
I love the FedEx one, and especially the America one, keep them coming!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version