Author Topic: Airbnb Master Thread  (Read 6867 times)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 182
    • View Profile
    • Pintrest
Re: Airbnb Master Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 09:26:06 AM »
But they can't accept new reservations through Airbnb anyways, as above. They could through other websites, though..
Not something you want to rely on when your traveling
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline shiframeir

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 11:28:32 PM »
$100 is a joke. Should be the same penalty that the host charges for cancellations.
exactly, except then they would get less landlords, and the supply demand equation for them clearly causes them to heavily favor landlords over renters, esp since they usually arent as sophisticated/understand the terms and conditions.
for what its worth, they offered me an $82 credit to a replacement rental (so cant use except for the similar time period) on the cancellation within 5 days, i said thats crazy and they pushed it up to a 200 credit. now i gotta decide if its worth it to settle on something else in Pico LA area that's not my favorite but has great food and minyan options, or go to palm springs (if that's still available)...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 11:45:52 PM »
I'm biased, but PS is one of my favorite places in the US. It's a different world than hectic LA. Never cared much for LA over shabbos (hence my plans)

The mountains are so majestic and serene. The air is delicious. Plus there's Joshua Tree,  the aerial tramway, the Thursday night market, and a lot more to do.
Chabad there is just amazing with a charismatic Rabbi and a crowd that runs the gamut from Satmar to MO.

Private pool, hot tub, and fire pit with outdoor eating cap it all off.

Such good times...wish I was there this weekend.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:49:26 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:14 AM »

I'm biased, but PS is one of my favorite places in the US. It's a different world than hectic LA. Never cared much for LA over shabbos (hence my plans)

The mountains are so majestic and serene. The air is delicious. Plus there's Joshua Tree,  the aerial tramway, the Thursday night market, and a lot more to do.
Chabad there is just amazing with a charismatic Rabbi and a crowd that runs the gamut from Satmar to MO.

Such good times...wish I was there this weekend.

Sold it yet, or this is an ad for it?
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 12:24:00 AM »
Lol.
It's a levaya for this weekend.
And an ad.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 12:47:13 AM »
Lol.
It's a levaya for this weekend.
And an ad.
BD'E
or more like Gam Zue Li'Tovah
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 12:50:27 AM »
Yup, both.

Offline shiframeir

• View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 03:12:07 AM »

argh, sad u can't make it and you must have had a bad LA shabbos experience. gotta go to the happy minyan (except if u hate carlebach :)), and get amazing takeout and eat outside too, with an Eruv! also i think a hotel may diminish your enjoyment a bit, much more heimish to have a house/apartment with outdoor space to eat/read.
Still killing ourselves on this decision, but considering the 107 temp and that we already are scheduled for a week of 100s in the desert next week at the Kierland Villas in Scottsdale, we will probably opt for the amazingly sweet high 70s/low eighties in LA (esp if we can use our extra $200 with airbnb on something decent, and thanks to the Tierra Sur living social we just grabbed). We will be stopping in PS for like an hour on sunday and drive through joshua tree on the way to AZ, but hope to maybe come back one day for a real stay when it makes more sense (maybe for pesach :))...

Offline enwhycee

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 12:33:07 PM »
I have about 30 $25 Off Airbnb vouchers that expire 12/31/2016.

Pm me if your interested.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 10:34:15 PM »
1. How can a host or a potential guest trade phone numbers on airbnb before booking? AIrbnb blocks it many ways, any tricks?

2. can one make a deal with the host to book on the condition that a friend will check the place out right after booking and if we don't like the place the host can cancel the booking?.

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2016, 10:52:42 PM »
1. How can a host or a potential guest trade phone numbers on airbnb before booking? AIrbnb blocks it many ways, any tricks?

2. can one make a deal with the host to book on the condition that a friend will check the place out right after booking and if we don't like the place the host can cancel the booking?.
why cant you message him this before the booking and ask about checking out the place/ meeting up somewhere? no phone numbers needed

Offline Luvtotravel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2016, 12:12:12 AM »
when contacting a host to inquire about a property, you get the response by text (and in airbnb inbox) and that's how you communicate, or at least that's how it worked by me last few bookings.
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2016, 12:18:57 AM »
why cant you message him this before the booking and ask about checking out the place/ meeting up somewhere? no phone numbers needed

Thanks that worked..

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2016, 12:27:32 AM »

1. Use email or your full name. I usually say, contact me at joshmoe at (what rhymes with) jeemail. Or - you can find my name on linkedin/google.

2. If they can check right after booking, they may as well check out before.
I've had a few people check it out before booking. Never had anyone request it afterwards.
Live forever or die trying.

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2016, 01:02:10 AM »

1. in three seperate messages.
joeshmoe
at
g.....l

2. any checking out should be before booking, there are penalties involved in cancelling, so once booked, as a host i would never cancel, and as a guest you'll have to eat some fees.