Topic Wiki

Thread summary:

Trump walks in a room.

1. Moshe123 shoots at him because he is pure evil, 2. ilherman+hachover jump in front of the bullets because Trump is our savior. 3. aygart tackles Moshe123 because Trump is better than HRC, 4. but Baruch can't stand Trump so he tells aygart he's crazy and Trump is a madman. 5. ExGingi would like to point out that who cares what he is, all that matters is the supreme court nominations. 6. Dan and others aren't really sure how this makes them feel plus they don't really want to drink poison. 7. Spoiler alert: Moshe123's gun was empty, it was just a blank.

And Freddie is in the back of the room just cooking his cholent. Until he announces that there are TWO menu choices, Pareve Cholent or Vegetable Lasagna. While etech0 figured out that they are both poisoned.

Repeat x100.

And then Hilary walks into the room with the most confidence a candidate has had in recent history. She is so confident that she eats both the Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna. Everyone is the room is aghast, they don't know how this happened, could it be Comey is behind this poisoning or was it that her Obamacare premiums were to high to get her the help she needed.

Everyone stared as she choked and was cast into oblivion on November, 8, 2016 the last day she was heard from in the public eye.

Moshe123, ilherman, hachover, Baruch, ExGingi, Dan, Freddie, etech0, and the rest of America are in total shock and hope that so long as Trump doesn't eat any Pareve Cholent and Vegetable Lasagna and stays true to his supreme court nominees this may be the greatest thing to happen since the CSR and GC's.

But remember this may be the beginning of the end...

P.S. Thanks to cognitive dissonance aygart, Michael Moore, and Scott Adams knew the whole time that Trump could win, unfortunately for JTZ he may be off DDF for the next 4 years due to his mandatory 3 times daily consumption of CROW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub notes:

Nov 8 : Time to edit the wiki. Biggest upset in American History according to Michael Isikoff.

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=57647.0

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
http://blog.dilbert.com/
http://fivethirtyeight.com/
All Political Ads - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvuOH0oJFwElBgRKz-eMlLw

As things turns out, the most prescient view on this election was that of Michael Moore! Though Scott Adams is also claiming a high view level of prescience.

Poll

Who are you voting for?

Clinton
12 (10.3%)
Trump
67 (57.3%)
Johnson
2 (1.7%)
Other (Write in)
8 (6.8%)
I don't vote in general and won't be voting this year
9 (7.7%)
I do vote in general, but won't be this year
19 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread  (Read 3770231 times)

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: US Politics/2016 Election Pick Your Poison Master Thread
« Reply #18680 on: February 22, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »
This is the text of the tweet. How are you trying to twist this?

"Trump's tendency to nominate more white judges is having a noticeable effect in the courts. Here's how: http://ppact.io/2EymKjE  #CourtsMatter"
In regards to the specific judge, they specifically list the positions they are against. They don't say he shouldn't be appointed because he's white. And regarding Trump's nominations, the numbers are what they are. If you click through and read the linked article, they discuss whether it's a question of pure ideals or a sign of prejudice. Bottom line, this administration is shaping the judiciary in a less diverse manner than the trend has been. Whether that's good/bad/irrelevant is a matter of opinion (though obviously PP thinks it's bad).

You have't attempted to back up their 'reading', you're just repeating the text.
No,  they said that his tendency to appoint white judges is having an impact on the courts, and have this judge as an example.

In other words, ascribed his opinions to his race.

In other words, they are racist.
I read it top down. We (PP) think this judge is bad because he holds positions against the positions we hold. Also, his ethnicity and positions help demonstrate the following trend.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18681 on: February 22, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »
You have't attempted to back up their 'reading', you're just repeating the text.I read it top down. We (PP) think this judge is bad because he holds positions against the positions we hold. Also, his ethnicity and positions help demonstrate the following trend.
The fact that it's part of one tweet shows that they think at least one of the issues with him is that he's white.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #18682 on: February 22, 2018, 11:46:18 AM »
So it’s all about the 401k & the rest of the country could go to hell
wow

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #18683 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:01 AM »
So it’s all about the 401k & the rest of the country could go to hell
No it is about twisting the facts. This is one fact you can't twist. 200%+ gain!!!
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #18684 on: February 22, 2018, 11:55:14 AM »
You have't attempted to back up their 'reading', you're just repeating the text.I read it top down. We (PP) think this judge is bad because he holds positions against the positions we hold. Also, his ethnicity and positions help demonstrate the following trend.
How would you react if Trump had said that about Obama nominating a black judge? Note that on twitter the image goes below the tweet. If the order is waht matters then you are totally off the mark.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline TimT

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #18686 on: February 22, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »

No it is about twisting the facts. This is one fact you can't twist. 200%+ gain!!!
:)

Offline TimT

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #18688 on: February 22, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »

Hello is anybody home?  :)

Offline henche

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18689 on: February 22, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »
How would you react if Trump had said that about Obama nominating a black judge? Note that on twitter the image goes below the tweet. If the order is waht matters then you are totally off the mark.

Exactly.

Imagine if Trump tweeted a picture of Sotomayor, listed a few policy disagreements (but used exaggerated invective, so said "defended anti-religious laws"), and then said here's an example of how appointing hispanic women is changing the courts.

Come now.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #18690 on: February 22, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »
Exactly.

Imagine if Trump tweeted a picture of Sotomayor, listed a few policy disagreements (but used exaggerated invective, so said "defended anti-religious laws"), and then said here's an example of how appointing hispanic women is changing the courts.

Come now.
I wasn't trying to indicate that the order of how it's posted was critical - you can restate it in the reverse order: "There exists the following trend between ethnicity and positions on critical matters, which cause Trump's appointees to be changing the judiciary on those matters. An example of that is this appointee - who is also a white male."

I personally would not have a problem with it if he could demonstrate that on the whole Hispanic women were being appointed with increasing frequency, and that Hispanic women largely hew to positions I disagree with.

The whole point here is that they feel that diversity and representation are positive, and in fact necessary, for a judiciary to properly execute its function. White males are the dominant majority in this situation, and so their appointments stand in the way of that diversity. Do I agree with this idea? Absolutely not! But it doesn't make it racism.

If somehow we transform to the point that white males are a small minority, we'd get to truly test the sincerity of their commitment to diversity, and see whether they advocate for more white males. You and I will never see that in our lives though, so it's irrelevant.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: February 22, 2018, 01:24:27 PM »
I wasn't trying to indicate that the order of how it's posted was critical - you can restate it in the reverse order: "There exists the following trend between ethnicity and positions on critical matters, which cause Trump's appointees to be changing the judiciary on those matters. An example of that is this appointee - who is also a white male."

I personally would not have a problem with it if he could demonstrate that on the whole Hispanic women were being appointed with increasing frequency, and that Hispanic women largely hew to positions I disagree with.

The whole point here is that they feel that diversity and representation are positive, and in fact necessary, for a judiciary to properly execute its function. White males are the dominant majority in this situation, and so their appointments stand in the way of that diversity. Do I agree with this idea? Absolutely not! But it doesn't make it racism.

If somehow we transform to the point that white males are a small minority, we'd get to truly test the sincerity of their commitment to diversity, and see whether they advocate for more white males. You and I will never see that in our lives though, so it's irrelevant.
Ahh so you feel it can be used in one direction but not the others. gotcha.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: February 22, 2018, 01:27:03 PM »
AKA racism
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: February 22, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »
I explicitly said that I feel it can be used in either direction, but sure, you can ascribe whatever opinion you'd like to me if it makes you feel better.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: February 22, 2018, 03:44:47 PM »
Sounds like they may need some help from @ChaimMoskowitz :P

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-amazing-trumpkin-1519321334

The national press corps, which spends a good deal of time cataloging every inaccurate statement from Mr. Trump, may be particularly receptive to the Furman message. But as they dig into this issue, they ought to give some credit where it’s due.

Specifically, reporters may want to consult Table S-9 in the economic report Mr. Trump released last May. The press will note that the President and his economic team predicted 2.3% real economic growth for the calendar year 2017.

Based on the current reading from the Commerce Department released last month, the Trump forecast was right on the money.

Like all such government numbers, this reading on U.S. GDP is scheduled to go through potential revisions, so we’ll have to wait and see if the Trump call stands up. But from all the data available at this point, the rookie and his advisers have a solid read on the economy.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: February 22, 2018, 03:51:56 PM »
I explicitly said that I feel it can be used in either direction, but sure, you can ascribe whatever opinion you'd like to me if it makes you feel better.
You and I will never see that in our lives though, so it's irrelevant.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: February 22, 2018, 04:00:28 PM »

You should really learn to say what you mean - I have no idea what you're saying.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: February 22, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »
Tucker gets destroyed over the shooting and cuts the interview off.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:38 PM »
I wish I could say I am surprised.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/photographer-captures-pic-of-notes-trump-had-during-listening-session-i-hear-you/
Look back and you will see this is not nearly the first time such a thing happened.