Author Topic: lan awards  (Read 1682 times)

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
lan awards
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »
if i'm looking with great circle to find the distance b/w places for an award ticket, does it go by the most direct route? or by the route i'll actually have to fly?  ie, do i have to factor in stopover locations if there are no direct flights?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: lan awards
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »
do i have to factor in stopover locations if there are no direct flights?
yes
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline syp5

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »
i just booked a flight from lga to yyz on aa through lanhowever although there were maany flight available on aa.com the lan agent only gave me limited options and she also said there is a $50 date change fee. Has anybody dealt with this, i remember reading that whatever is available on aa.com for 25k will be available through lan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:27:16 PM »
i just booked a flight from lga to yyz on aa through lanhowever although there were maany flight available on aa.com the lan agent only gave me limited options and she also said there is a $50 date change fee. Has anybody dealt with this, i remember reading that whatever is available on aa.com for 25k will be available through lan
Most LAN reps are wretched.  Keep trying.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 05:04:45 PM »
i remember reading that whatever is available on aa.com for 25k will be available through lan
where did you read that?  can anyone verify this?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 07:24:08 PM »
where did you read that?  can anyone verify this?
Yes, any OW airline has access to the same sAAver availability for AA flights.

Offline Devorah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:41 PM »
I've booked numerous tickets from YYZ-LGA with LAN.  Every agent you speak with will give you different availability, regardless of what is showing on aa.com.  In fact I once got a seat on a flight that was showing no availability on aa.com.  Also, beware of the taxes - very often they will give you taxes in the range of $80-$100 when it should be around $55 and no arguing on your part will help.  You just need to hang up and call again.  Although, I once had an agent put the ticket on hold for me and then when I called back they didn't have those flights available so she checked other flights and told me the taxes were around $55 so I then gave her the other confirmation number and she booked it for me with the right taxes.  Good luck.

Offline me

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »
I've used it many times from YUL-LGA or JFK. When I call I tell them the flight that I want to be on based on aa.com availability. I never had a problem.

This is one of the best things that I have gotten out of this site. Thanks Dan!!

Offline syp5

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 12:57:49 AM »
i actually called several time 2 and 3 time somehow i got disconnected 4 time i got same lady as first time so i just booked with her. Has anybody had success with changing date/time without a fee