Topic Wiki

You can switch your current landline number into a google voice account to retain your phone number on a free Obi phone line.

Heres a landline to GV port demo;

Get ahold of an old Page Plus or Verizon cell phone that isn't being used. Port your existing landline to Page Plus for free through their website

Fill out the port form and put in your landline number and the old PP cell phone's ID number (from under the battery) and wait a couple of days for it to go through. You will know that the port is complete, when dialing your landline rings to the cell phone.

After the port completes you should have an active PP line with 2 dollars credit in the account DON'T WASTE IT!! You'll need it to accept a 1 minute call to verify the GV port!
Once the port is complete you can initiate the GV port. People have reported that it's wise to open a new Gmail account (ie not one that you have open a lot on your computer). You can then setup all emails that come to that account (all your voicemails...) to be forwarded to your main gmail account. Login to Google voice from that new account and port in the number. It will cost $20, and within 24 hours the port to GV will be complete.

Verify the number and you are all done!
See here for some good tutorials.
« Last edited by MarkS on February 26, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »

Author Topic: OBi 110  (Read 38836 times)

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Re: OBi 110
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
This is for xbox?..
Dosent matter, just follow the steps that are for the PC.

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
Re: OBi 110
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »
Hello,

Any way to set google voice forwarding rules if th OBI is connected or set when a phone is connected to wifi?
אם אתם בונים בית חב"ד בכל מקום אני מראה לכם בית חב"ד של ציון

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
Did anybody have success on setting up the auto attendant feature on the obi?
I would like to disable google vm and it seems that the only way to do i t is thru setting up an autoattendant.

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »
anyone have experience setting up the OBI110 so that you port your existing landline to google voice #

Offline MarkS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
anyone have experience setting up the OBI110 so that you port your existing landline to google voice #
Yes.
It's been mentioned step by step earlier......
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=5945.msg219218#msg219218

Online mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
can you call 911 with obi 110 and if not is there any of these tyoes of voip that does allow you to call 911 or am i overreacting?

Offline MarkS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
can you call 911 with obi 110 and if not is there any of these tyoes of voip that does allow you to call 911 or am i overreacting?
You are overreacting.
A) I happen to live in a city that has Hatzolah. If you do too, program that into your phones memory and it's quicker than calling 911.
B)Use a cell phone to call 911 (assuming both you and your wife have cell phones there should always be one floating around).
C)For Police, every city/town has a direct police local number. Calling that actually gets you help sooner since calling 911 takes you to a regional center who then transfers your call to your local police station.
I programmed the local 732 number for the police station in my Town into my phone and now I can dial them with only pressing 2 digits on my phone (even quicker than dialing 911!)
D) It's no more dangerous than someone who doesn't own any landline.

The one thing to be careful about is that a babysitter is aware of this and knows how to call police/Ambulance.

Online mercaz1

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
thanks

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
Yes.
It's been mentioned step by step earlier......
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=5945.msg219218#msg219218
Thanks for the information.

Offline ganizzy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2012, 01:58:51 AM »
I finally set up my google voice with the obi
now i have to cancel my voip service

some q's:
if i put some money on my google voice account, can i call international from my "home phone" - the phone connected to the obi?

also, google voice requires you to have a forwarding number so i put my cell number. now, even though calls are not being forwarded to my cell, I can not call my house phone. when i call my phone (gv number) it prompts me to put in my pin number and make a call.
so, i want the feature to make calls from my cell phone thru google voice (then i can call international from my cell) but i would also like to call my house number if i need to. How do i do that?

lastly, if i have a cable provider for internet - is there any way of using that for 911?
did anyone have any luck with using 911 by hooking up the obi with the regular house line (with no service working)?

thanks

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2012, 02:06:25 AM »
i want the feature to make calls from my cell phone thru google voice (then i can call international from my cell) but i would also like to call my house number if i need to. How do i do that?
thanks

Maybe get a 2nd gv number?

If its not possible to have 2 gv numbers forwarded to the same cell phone,  maybe forward the obi number to somewhere else, and get a 2nd gv number for your cell phone so u'll be able to call international and u'll be able to call home.

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »
Maybe get a 2nd gv number?

If its not possible to have 2 gv numbers forwarded to the same cell phone,  maybe forward the obi number to somewhere else, and get a 2nd gv number for your cell phone so u'll be able to call international and u'll be able to call home.
you could have 2 gv accounts forwarded to the same number if you set one as mobile and one as home office etc.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:55 PM »
you could have 2 gv accounts forwarded to the same number if you set one as mobile and one as home office etc.
won't (directly) solve his problem. anything forwarding TO the cell will not ring when called FROM said cell

Online smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »
I had a similar problem, I wanted 2 gv numbers to fwd to my cell, I think I ended up solving the problem by passing one through sipgate
You can probably try the same, have sipgate fwd to yur gv number and when yu want to call home dial the sipgate number, but make sure gv isnrt set to fwd to your cellphone or else you'd just be calling yourself

Offline him

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
ombi and google voice
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2012, 04:18:04 PM »
i would like to have that my cell phone which currently has google voice, should be my cell and landline. Will this help me? i want that when you call me it should ring both the cell and land line and also that when i make a call from the ombi it should be from my cell which is GV number, can that be done? basically i want a cell and landline with the same number so i can use the cell when out and landline when home but have only one number to be reached at. can you help me with that??