Author Topic: Southwest diverted and then cancelled flight  (Read 744 times)

Offline MisterSenator

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Southwest diverted and then cancelled flight
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »
My wife just flew Southwest yesterday from LGA to MDW (flight 1598).  They were diverted to Louisville, KY (SDF) due to weather and when they were cleared to re-board and continue the flight the Southwest crew was over their hours and they couldnt find another crew to finish the flight.  Therefore Southwest cancelled their flight midway through and didnt provide any support to the passengers now stranded in Louisville, and instead encouraged them to find alternative modes of transportation as the next flight out to MDW (on Southwest) was not going to be for 3 days on 12/31. 

After waiting around for 7 hours, my wife was finally able to split a rental car with another family and drive the remaining distance to chicago. (i should also note that there were no renatl cars available, they only got this one because the other family agreed to return it to the Hertz in Louisville.)

We have not received any communication from Southwest and are quite shocked and the complete lack of support after stranding her in another city.  Is there anything we should be doing at the moment to ensure we are compensated appropriately?

This is the current flight status on Southwest's website

https://www.southwest.com/flight/flight-status-results.html?originAirport=LGA&destinationAirport=MDW&travelDate=12%2F28%2F2015&flightNumber=1598

Offline ShlockDoc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Southwest diverted and then cancelled flight
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:20:45 PM »
They're really struggling with the recent weather.  They are usually top notch with customer service but the last couple of days have been a mess.  With so much weather-related irrops, not everything will run smoothly. 

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »
My wife just flew Southwest yesterday from LGA to MDW (flight 1598).  They were diverted to Louisville, KY (SDF) due to weather and when they were cleared to re-board and continue the flight the Southwest crew was over their hours and they couldnt find another crew to finish the flight.  Therefore Southwest cancelled their flight midway through and didnt provide any support to the passengers now stranded in Louisville, and instead encouraged them to find alternative modes of transportation as the next flight out to MDW (on Southwest) was not going to be for 3 days on 12/31. 

After waiting around for 7 hours, my wife was finally able to split a rental car with another family and drive the remaining distance to chicago. (i should also note that there were no renatl cars available, they only got this one because the other family agreed to return it to the Hertz in Louisville.)

We have not received any communication from Southwest and are quite shocked and the complete lack of support after stranding her in another city.  Is there anything we should be doing at the moment to ensure we are compensated appropriately?

This is the current flight status on Southwest's website

https://www.southwest.com/flight/flight-status-results.html?originAirport=LGA&destinationAirport=MDW&travelDate=12%2F28%2F2015&flightNumber=1598
As the leaked memo said, they dont do anything to make their costumers happy besides have cheaper over all fares.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »
They're really struggling with the recent weather.  They are usually top notch with customer service but the last couple of days have been a mess.  With so much weather-related irropps, not everything will run smoothly.
But to just dump your pax and say you're on your own now in the middle of nowhere? That's unacceptable no matter what. I hope OP gets a nice amount of compensation, or the flight collectively sues.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 12:23:11 PM »
As the leaked memo said, they dont do anything to make their costumers happy besides have cheaper over all fares.
That's a good business middle. Have fares half the price, and dump passengers halfway through.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ