Author Topic: Multiple Reservations with one SPG account  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Sammy12345

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Multiple Reservations with one SPG account
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »
I am going to an SPG property and I need two rooms is there any way that I can get it to count as two stays? Last time I made two separate reservations and the guy at the desk said to me that u can't get them to count bec only when the member sleeps in the room u can get it to count and since u can't sleep in two rooms u can only get one stay!!
Help please
TIA

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Reservations with one SPG account
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »
I am going to an SPG property and I need two rooms is there any way that I can get it to count as two stays? Last time I made two separate reservations and the guy at the desk said to me that u can't get them to count bec only when the member sleeps in the room u can get it to count and since u can't sleep in two rooms u can only get one stay!!
Help please
TIA

I've had 2 separate locations, on the same night, both weren't members.

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »

I've had 2 separate locations, on the same night, both weren't members.
Were both credited as stays? The member part isn't relevant as for all they know you showed up later.

Offline Jimbob

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »
Help please
TIA

WRONG! officially, as long as member is sleeping in one of the rooms, he gets credit up to three rooms
You only get one stay credit per room per stay but you get a night credit for each room for each night.
e.g.  3 nights with 3 room would get you 3 stay credits and 9 night credits.

Proof?

See here: (starwood lurker's response)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/1358232-effective-march-2012-earn-spg-stay-night-credits-up-3-rooms-per-stay-2.html

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »
WRONG! officially, as long as member is sleeping in one of the rooms, he gets credit up to three rooms
You only get one stay credit per room per stay but you get a night credit for each room for each night.
e.g.  3 nights with 3 room would get you 3 stay credits and 9 night credits.

Proof?

See here: (starwood lurker's response)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/1358232-effective-march-2012-earn-spg-stay-night-credits-up-3-rooms-per-stay-2.html

That is correct. However it was instituted last year so it could be the last time was before the new policy
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.