Author Topic: Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech  (Read 80910 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Rechnitz's Lakewood Speech
« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2016, 12:18:17 PM »
Could be could be not. but why is everyone discussing how what he said was wrong? He brought up a major issue. Some of his details may be off but that doesnt change anything.
Now YOU are generalizing and falsely so. There was much discussion here about whether or not he was correct about the root causes of the issue.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ya

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2016, 12:25:39 PM »
Now YOU are generalizing and falsely so. There was much discussion here about whether or not he was correct about the root causes of the issue.
I personally think we was right for giving the speech. Was everything thing he said 100% correct i dont know. But i dont think that matters. I just dont understand why everyone is talking about if he should or shouldn't given the speech. He did. So why not discuss the issue he brought up? Now dont say ther is no issue.

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Yitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline asd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
This is a excellent take I found on the speech

W3DCB
In any other circumstance my post would be inappropriate as it would be be'geder lashon hara...However, once the speech has been made and later reprinted, it requires answer from benei torah.

This speech consisted of populist feel-good rhetoric meant for self aggrandizement and public self pleasuring for personal gain for the further purpose to increase populist standing without regard to the damage such words would cause...a jewish Trump. While some of the sentiment is correct, it is just that, sentiment, devoid of careful reasoning and positive approach or inspiration to a community regarding the issues addressed.

It is easy to tear down a community and be amongst those who sit in the back of the shul and complain, the "they should" crowd...they should...they should..they should...there should be...there should be...there should be...It is easy to join the "they should" crowd. This was not the sort of rhetoric appropriate for public consumption and will only stoke the coals of populist murmuring and discontent among our congregation; it will cause only further division.

Do you think that every principal and rosh ha'yeshivah has not anguished and cried over every child who can not find a place? This approach was most inappropriate and serves only to deride and tear down. There is little positive here. This was a waste of influence from a most well-meaning wonderful man who has so much ze'uchuth in his pocket who strayed into foreign territory squandering his potential influence and ability for engendering good will and even more importantly, good results...He could have used his position and influence to inspire and offer positive solution without the negative and words of destruction. He most likely regrets terribly his words.Those who write and say that "it is about time..." are mislead by populist sentiment without regard for reality and the good works of others who work behind the scenes for the good of all. The speech which was entirely one-sided left out consideration for the parents who have placed in their child's mind that he "must" get into such-and-such a school "or else"; if hd doesn't get in, he will be a failure. Parents are sharing everything which is inappropriate to share with their children these days and discuss in front of their children that which should not be, just to mention one or two small examples. Today, everything is discussed with and in front of our children without regard for what is appropriate and what is not. Every sentiment and "feeling" the parent has is discussed with and in front of the children today without sense of propriety or realization of the potential damage. No wonder the child is heart-broken after having been set up by his own parents. We do not guard our tongues in front of our children...

This is far too involved to fixed with a few posts from be'nei torah on a web-site. May HaShem heal us from this terrible avlah and may we learn from our mistakes and become better people and avdei-HaShem; may we better learn to remember what is appropriate public speech and what is not

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 02, 2016, 03:16:03 PM »
-100  :P

+1
First he admits that he spoke too sharply (aka wrongly criticized the entire town),
And then moans that SYR apologized for something he never even did wrong (no contradiction somehow), and then a bunch of false accusations against the very same people that he offended (who supposedly attacked SYR). Meanwhile I think the general tone is that SYR is simply wrong and I really haven't seen attacks on his character from anyone.

Terribly written article.
Visibly Jewish

Offline mendy from lakewood

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2016, 03:18:58 PM »
+1
First he admits that he spoke too sharply (aka wrongly criticized the entire town),
And then moans that SYR apologized for something he never even did wrong (no contradiction somehow), and then a bunch of false accusations against the very same people that he offended (who supposedly attacked SYR). Meanwhile I think the general tone is that SYR is simply wrong and I really haven't seen attacks on his character from anyone.

Terribly written article.
+1 I think the author doesn't have writing skills or was a bit tipsy while typing up his rant!
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »
This is a excellent take I found on the speech

W3DCB
In any other circumstance my post would be inappropriate as it would be be'geder lashon hara...However, once the speech has been made and later reprinted, it requires answer from benei torah.

This speech consisted of populist feel-good rhetoric meant for self aggrandizement and public self pleasuring for personal gain for the further purpose to increase populist standing without regard to the damage such words would cause...a jewish Trump. While some of the sentiment is correct, it is just that, sentiment, devoid of careful reasoning and positive approach or inspiration to a community regarding the issues addressed.

It is easy to tear down a community and be amongst those who sit in the back of the shul and complain, the "they should" crowd...they should...they should..they should...there should be...there should be...there should be...It is easy to join the "they should" crowd. This was not the sort of rhetoric appropriate for public consumption and will only stoke the coals of populist murmuring and discontent among our congregation; it will cause only further division.

Do you think that every principal and rosh ha'yeshivah has not anguished and cried over every child who can not find a place? This approach was most inappropriate and serves only to deride and tear down. There is little positive here. This was a waste of influence from a most well-meaning wonderful man who has so much ze'uchuth in his pocket who strayed into foreign territory squandering his potential influence and ability for engendering good will and even more importantly, good results...He could have used his position and influence to inspire and offer positive solution without the negative and words of destruction. He most likely regrets terribly his words.Those who write and say that "it is about time..." are mislead by populist sentiment without regard for reality and the good works of others who work behind the scenes for the good of all. The speech which was entirely one-sided left out consideration for the parents who have placed in their child's mind that he "must" get into such-and-such a school "or else"; if hd doesn't get in, he will be a failure. Parents are sharing everything which is inappropriate to share with their children these days and discuss in front of their children that which should not be, just to mention one or two small examples. Today, everything is discussed with and in front of our children without regard for what is appropriate and what is not. Every sentiment and "feeling" the parent has is discussed with and in front of the children today without sense of propriety or realization of the potential damage. No wonder the child is heart-broken after having been set up by his own parents. We do not guard our tongues in front of our children...

This is far too involved to fixed with a few posts from be'nei torah on a web-site. May HaShem heal us from this terrible avlah and may we learn from our mistakes and become better people and avdei-HaShem; may we better learn to remember what is appropriate public speech and what is not

Nailed it in two words: populist rhetoric.

Who wrote this?

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
Nailed it in two words: populist rhetoric.

Who wrote this?
You lost me at : It is easy to tear down a community and be amongst those who sit in the back of the shul and complain, the "they should" crowd...they should...they should..they should...there should be...there should be...there should be...It is easy to join the "they should" crowd.

Right thats who SYR. He just sits back. Doesnt do much. I think ever principal and rosh ha'yeshivah says its not ther issue.

Offline ya

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »
You lost me at : It is easy to tear down a community and be amongst those who sit in the back of the shul and complain, the "they should" crowd...they should...they should..they should...there should be...there should be...there should be...It is easy to join the "they should" crowd.

Right thats who SYR. He just sits back. Doesnt do much. I think ever principal and rosh ha'yeshivah says its not ther issue.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2016, 03:31:33 PM »
+1 I think the author doesn't have writing skills or was a bit tipsy while typing up his rant!
I actually thought it was written very well. Anything that you automatically nod along with before thinking over what you just read means it was written effectively.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 02, 2016, 04:34:54 PM »
+1, honestly the guy sounds like he's drunk. How many people are gonna pull down their own pants in public before this saga ends?

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 02, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
I actually thought it was written very well. Anything that you automatically nod along with before thinking over what you just read means it was written effectively.

Depends which way your head is nodding :)
Visibly Jewish

Offline lechatchileh ariber

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 02, 2016, 07:09:02 PM »
So apparently there's a new school opening up in Lakewood called....

Rechnitzer Rejects
I don't sin, I give myself opportunities to repent.

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2016, 08:16:44 PM »
+1, honestly the guy sounds like he's drunk. How many people are gonna pull down their own pants in public before this saga ends?
and besides, I think one thing I appreciate from all those who've weighed in (with grand opinion pieces published in public forums) is those people who at least have the intestinal fortitude to put their name on things (on both sides of the spectrum, whether Perlstein or Roberts, or Gelbwachs). I am not too impressed with people who can't even sign their names to their opinions. And I know he says he'd be recognized etc., but insofar as that would affect how people would view what he wrote than maybe he shouldn't have written it in the first place.

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »
http://picosong.com/8Szz/

Rav U R speech (for those that didn't hear it yet)

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »
http://picosong.com/8Szz/

Rav U R speech (for those that didn't hear it yet)

Forgive my ignorance but who is this rabbi? I enjoy his style.

Offline meme

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 02, 2016, 09:45:57 PM »

Forgive my ignorance but who is this rabbi? I enjoy his style.
Rav Uren Reich, he is Harav Shneur Kotlers son in law and Rosh Yeshiva of Woodlake

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 02, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »
Rav Uren Reich, he is Harav Shneur Kotlers son in law and Rosh Yeshiva of Woodlake

Where can I hear more of his stuff?