Topic Wiki

Selling one hilton weekend night - gold status for 300 dollars. Exp. June 2019

Author Topic: Hilton Master Thread  (Read 348151 times)

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Hilton Master Thread
« Reply #1160 on: January 20, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »
Now that we are allowed to transfer Hilton points, would it be a problem for an in-law to transfer me their points so I can book a reservation for them? I am a Diamond and they're Gold, the main benefit would be a better/upgraded room. I have booked for them before with no problem, but only using my own points.

Would a transfer and subsequent booking with them as the additional guest trigger any flags or is it acceptable under T+Cs?

Thank You!
Mike
It should not be a problem.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline gross5g

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 21, 2018, 02:23:31 AM »
Now that we are allowed to transfer Hilton points, would it be a problem for an in-law to transfer me their points so I can book a reservation for them? I am a Diamond and they're Gold, the main benefit would be a better/upgraded room. I have booked for them before with no problem, but only using my own points.

Would a transfer and subsequent booking with them as the additional guest trigger any flags or is it acceptable under T+Cs?

Thank You!
Mike
Officially  you can book a cash stay out of your account for someone else and depending on the hotel they have a right to deny any diamond benefits if you are not present. And if ask Hilton reps about point booking for someone else ymmv

Offline letav_aved

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 21, 2018, 02:40:01 PM »
I have Diamond status- and I am happy to let anyone book cash stays  under my account for possible upgrades, just PM me.

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 29, 2018, 11:36:04 PM »
can you earn base points on rooms booked with gift cards and not with cash?

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1164 on: January 29, 2018, 11:52:00 PM »
can you earn base points on rooms booked with gift cards and not with cash?
yes

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 12, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »
would it be a problem to book 2 nights on points and then covnert them later over to weeknight certs instead of having to use up points? for a friday sat, and sunday stay

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 12, 2018, 11:15:13 PM »
would it be a problem to book 2 nights on points and then covnert them later over to weeknight certs instead of having to use up points? for a friday sat, and sunday stay

Normally not but if for example the rooms are blocked (like a Sukkot at WAJ) when you want to swap to a cert that room might not go back into inventory.

Offline Pesach

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 13, 2018, 12:00:37 AM »
Normally not but if for example the rooms are blocked (like a Sukkot at WAJ) when you want to swap to a cert that room might not go back into inventory.
so you cant do it over the phone you have to cancel and hope it comes back to the website.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 13, 2018, 01:10:42 AM »
so you cant do it over the phone you have to cancel and hope it comes back to the website.

You can do it over the phone but they also have to cancel and hope they can see it internally to rebook.

Offline MrKaplan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »
Does spg match status from Hilton?

Offline Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #1170 on: March 05, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »
Does spg match status from Hilton?
IINM spg only offers status challenge, BTW this should rather be posted in the spg thread
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline MrKaplan

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 05, 2018, 11:46:17 AM »
IINM spg only offers status challenge, BTW this should rather be posted in the spg thread
wasn't sure which spg thread...

Offline saw50st8

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 12, 2018, 03:45:52 PM »
Is there anyone who's very knowledgeable on points booked for corporate groups at Hilton, can you please PM me? I have a few questions.

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 21, 2018, 11:43:43 AM »
Is there anyone who's very knowledgeable on points booked for corporate groups at Hilton, can you please PM me? I have a few questions.
or post here? lol - would love to see that info
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline saw50st8

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 21, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »

I don't feel comfortable posting publicly about this, but I got my answer from @Denverite .

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 21, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »

I think it's ok to post.  Basically, you should always be able to get "Meeting Planner Points" that accrue at 1ppd (not so awesome but still something).  If you are paying for meeting space or a room block then you can earn a boatload of points from your Hilton cc (12 ppd from Amex Small Business or 14ppd from the Ascend card).  Some have also managed to earn points from a room block (let's say for a simcha) at the normal rate of 10ppd (not including cc spend) plus all the bonuses, but I think that is rare and you'd definitely need to negotiate that ahead of time. 

The meeting planner points are ok but the real way to earn massive is to pay the bill with your cc (for example if a company is doing an event with all the rooms and meeting space booked to the masterbill and your card is paying that bill).  For example, the hotels wouldn't give normal points (like spend on a hotel room) on my Pesach meals at the Waldorf Astoria last year and my seaplane to the Conrad Maldives,or when I pay for meeting space or sleeping rooms for other people for work (not booked under my name) but I still earn 12ppd on all that from the amazing cc bonus category. People claim they only get a .005 return on HHonors points although I almost always redeem much higher but even that low rate, you'll be earning 6% back. 

Offline Yehuda25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:45 AM »
I think it's ok to post.  Basically, you should always be able to get "Meeting Planner Points" that accrue at 1ppd (not so awesome but still something).  If you are paying for meeting space or a room block then you can earn a boatload of points from your Hilton cc (12 ppd from Amex Small Business or 14ppd from the Ascend card).  Some have also managed to earn points from a room block (let's say for a simcha) at the normal rate of 10ppd (not including cc spend) plus all the bonuses, but I think that is rare and you'd definitely need to negotiate that ahead of time. 

The meeting planner points are ok but the real way to earn massive is to pay the bill with your cc (for example if a company is doing an event with all the rooms and meeting space booked to the masterbill and your card is paying that bill).  For example, the hotels wouldn't give normal points (like spend on a hotel room) on my Pesach meals at the Waldorf Astoria last year and my seaplane to the Conrad Maldives,or when I pay for meeting space or sleeping rooms for other people for work (not booked under my name) but I still earn 12ppd on all that from the amazing cc bonus category. People claim they only get a .005 return on HHonors points although I almost always redeem much higher but even that low rate, you'll be earning 6% back.
Really good info, thanks!

how did you get to pay the conrad seaplane through the hotel?? I tried lol.
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Rivkah

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 25, 2018, 08:51:01 AM »
Hilton is very difficult to work with in getting the fifth night free at Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem with Hilton points.  Even when the hotel is at less than half capacity they will tell you there are no available rooms.  It takes hours and hours to work on getting the fifth night free.  My best solution is to call the hotel.  ask if there are standard availabilities available for 5 consecutive nights.  Get the name of whom you spoke with.  Call Hilton 800 number and tell them you want to make that reservation using points.  The rep will tell you they don't see any availabilities.  This is where the hard part comes in, and it takes a lot of time and work.  Tell the rep you just spoke with the hotel and they said there are many rooms available in the free standard category and can the rep please call the hotel with you on the phone.  You might have to go through several reps and supervisors until you can get someone to get that free fifth night.  I have done it.

Offline farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 25, 2018, 09:07:25 AM »
Hilton is very difficult to work with in getting the fifth night free at Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem with Hilton points.  Even when the hotel is at less than half capacity they will tell you there are no available rooms.  It takes hours and hours to work on getting the fifth night free.  My best solution is to call the hotel.  ask if there are standard availabilities available for 5 consecutive nights.  Get the name of whom you spoke with.  Call Hilton 800 number and tell them you want to make that reservation using points.  The rep will tell you they don't see any availabilities.  This is where the hard part comes in, and it takes a lot of time and work.  Tell the rep you just spoke with the hotel and they said there are many rooms available in the free standard category and can the rep please call the hotel with you on the phone.  You might have to go through several reps and supervisors until you can get someone to get that free fifth night.  I have done it.
Have 5 nights booked over שבועות
Risk is opportunity

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #1179 on: March 25, 2018, 09:33:12 AM »
Have 5 nights booked over שבועות
so you mean -5