Author Topic: Posek: "Use Über over car service for Shabbos hospital transport"  (Read 12540 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I didn't find it reliable the one time I needed it.
Then again FRUBER was basically for lkwd...

Lots of time I bet required communication with driver. Doesn't always go so smoothly
Agree, I think it's better to go with the prepaid taxi service thing. Use the special phone if you want, with a shinu.

BTW I believe it is better to have a koton, (not your own child) make the phone call for you. ולא הודו לי חבירי

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Posek: "Use Über over car service for Shabbos hospital transport"
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 02:27:03 PM »
I just have ONE question....

A smartphone?????!!!!! That alone is worse than chillul shabbos! :o
In all seriousness I was impressed the Rav would answer without giving musar about owning a smart phone

Offline Ydad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 02:39:28 PM »
In all seriousness I was impressed the Rav would answer without giving musar about owning a smart phone
My Rav takes shailos on WhatsApp ;)

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
My Rav takes shailos on WhatsApp ;)
IV heard of this. You mean pics?

Offline Ydad

• View Profile
IV heard of this. You mean pics?
Not what I think you are referring to  ;)

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
Not what I think you are referring to  ;)
Phew.. Got worried

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Phew.. Got worried
as long as its not that bad and the one not sure doesn't have that much experience it should be ok

Offline yudamaan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
If time is of essence, there's no reason to call Hatzolah over driving yourself. Hatzolah is also a Yid. Beside for a time when you suspect that the baby may come before the hospital and you'll need help handy.
Don't know about other cities but  Lakewood hatzolah has a goy driver for shabbos. So hatzolah would be less chillul shabbos, as it only requires a phone call which is only electricity, as opposed to driving yourself where there is a issue of a deoraisa of haavarah

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Depends on the situation. Having a yid do a malacha is certainly worse than having a goy do it.

Rambam:

כשעושים דברים אלו, אין עושין אותן לא על ידי גויים, ולא על ידי קטנים, ולא על ידי עבדים, ולא על ידי נשים--כדי שלא תהא שבת קלה בעיניהם; אלא על ידי גדולי ישראל וחכמיהם. ואין מורין לנשים לעשות דברים אלו. ואסור להתמהמה בחילול שבת, לחולה שיש בו סכנה, שנאמר "אשר יעשה אותם האדם וחי בהם" (ויקרא יח,ה), ולא שימות בהם. הא למדת, שאין משפטי התורה נקמה בעולם, אלא רחמים וחסד ושלום בעולם. ואלו המינים שאומרים שזה חילול ואסור, עליהן הכתוב אומר "וגם אני נתתי להם, חוקים לא טובים; ומשפטים לא יחיו, בהם" (יחזקאל כ, כה).
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2016, 07:50:45 PM »
Rambam:

כשעושים דברים אלו, אין עושין אותן לא על ידי גויים, ולא על ידי קטנים, ולא על ידי עבדים, ולא על ידי נשים--כדי שלא תהא שבת קלה בעיניהם; אלא על ידי גדולי ישראל וחכמיהם. ואין מורין לנשים לעשות דברים אלו. ואסור להתמהמה בחילול שבת, לחולה שיש בו סכנה, שנאמר "אשר יעשה אותם האדם וחי בהם" (ויקרא יח,ה), ולא שימות בהם. הא למדת, שאין משפטי התורה נקמה בעולם, אלא רחמים וחסד ושלום בעולם. ואלו המינים שאומרים שזה חילול ואסור, עליהן הכתוב אומר "וגם אני נתתי להם, חוקים לא טובים; ומשפטים לא יחיו, בהם" (יחזקאל כ, כה).
That is for a choleh sheyesh bo sakana; a yoledes is different
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:02:17 PM by churnbabychurn »

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2016, 08:32:22 PM »
I'll just add one point a bit off topic. If you think that in today's day and age people don't die for Shabbos, think again. Don't ever hesitate to call on the smallest Sofek.

Additionally, keep in mind that if you need a good Shabbos goy to go to the hospital in various non-emergent emergencies you can always call 911.

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold

Don't know about other cities but  Lakewood hatzolah has a goy driver for shabbos. So hatzolah would be less chillul shabbos, as it only requires a phone call which is only electricity, as opposed to driving yourself where there is a issue of a deoraisa of haavarah
the goy driver rarely does transports on the way into the hospital. They're there for the way back

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
the goy driver rarely does transports on the way into the hospital. They're there for the way back
Without mentioning the 2-3 first responders who drive to your home.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
Another mistake is those who knock on the Hatzola guys door so that he can just check things out.
- he immediately radios it in and usually hops in the car either way..

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold

Another mistake is those who knock on the Hatzola guys door so that he can just check things out.
- he immediately radios it in and usually hops in the car either way..
don't get me started.
I had a guy huffing and puffing 3 blocks to my house. Knocks on the door and says he needs Hatzolah his few month old is having difficulty breathing. I look at him crazily and tell him the Hatzolah member is away for shabbos and offer him the phone to call Hatzolah.
He starts fidgeting um um he didn't want to call cuz of shabbos and his wife didn't want the scene... I tell him either he calls or I call, reluctantly he comes inside and calls. Now Hatzolah is all mixed up why caller id is coming up from a members house 3 blocks away. Anyways Hatzolah definitely got there before he got home. Now I'm sure his wife was really flustered, baby not breathing Hatzolah there and no husband!!

Total idiot

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
don't get me started.
I had a guy huffing and puffing 3 blocks to my house. Knocks on the door and says he needs Hatzolah his few month old is having difficulty breathing. I look at him crazily and tell him the Hatzolah member is away for shabbos and offer him the phone to call Hatzolah.
He starts fidgeting um um he didn't want to call cuz of shabbos and his wife didn't want the scene... I tell him either he calls or I call, reluctantly he comes inside and calls. Now Hatzolah is all mixed up why caller id is coming up from a members house 3 blocks away. Anyways Hatzolah definitely got there before he got home. Now I'm sure his wife was really flustered, baby not breathing Hatzolah there and no husband!!

Total idiot

Now that's probably the most useful post I've read in all my time on DDF.

Offline Shauly101

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »
just let us know when its time to wish u mazal tov!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »
Additionally, keep in mind that if you need a good Shabbos goy to go to the hospital in various non-emergent emergencies you can always call 911.

In NYC taxi/uber would be much quicker, no joke.

don't get me started.

Total idiot

Classic Chossid Shoite story, hopefully some children saw and learned that you're allowed to call Hatzalah on Shabbos when it's an emergency.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael