Author Topic: Infant turning 2 before return flight  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Got a clue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Infant turning 2 before return flight
« on: February 29, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »
I am flying back to America for Paesach- my daughter will be 23 months when leaving, but will be over 2 years old on the date of the return flight. Do I have to buy a regular ticket for her? I am flying with Aeroflot

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Infant turning 2 before return flight
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:40:23 PM »
You need to purchase a ticket. Only a few airlines give you free seats in this instance, and I don't think aeroflot is one of them.

Offline G11600

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »
I am flying back to America for Paesach- my daughter will be 23 months when leaving, but will be over 2 years old on the date of the return flight. Do I have to buy a regular ticket for her? I am flying with Aeroflot

If you can book with British Airways you'll be fine with infant ticket - and will even get a free seat assignment for the return trip, when she is over 2.

Offline yids

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »

If you can book with British Airways you'll be fine with infant ticket - and will even get a free seat assignment for the return trip, when she is over 2.
Yes! Just happened to me. Every airline requires that you have a real seat for him on your way back, but only British airlines gives it for the same baby rate as if he was under two.

Just one thing to keep in mind - on the at back, make sure you get to the airport early enough. Basically, we got to the airport 2 hrs earlier and even through I had the eticket for my baby, it wasn't ticketed or something. They wound up spending about an hour fixing the seat and we missed the flight. They actually put us on a direct flight with elal because of the inconvenience 

Good luck!
Registered Travel Agent - SK Assist

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:02:27 PM »
Does anyone have experience with AA or AC in such a scenario? flying YUL-LGA-YUL, and my baby is turning Two before the return.

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »
Does anyone have experience with AA or AC in such a scenario? flying YUL-LGA-YUL, and my baby is turning Two before the return.
I spoke to AC about this once, and they told me I needed a ticket (I seem to remember reading it on they website too, but don't ask me where), but possibly DROPR/YMMV.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
I spoke to AC about this once, and they told me I needed a ticket (I seem to remember reading it on they website too, but don't ask me where), but possibly DROPR/YMMV.

You always need a ticket. Usually you need to pay for that ticket, but some airlines (e.g., BA), will ticket it for free.

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
You always need a ticket. Usually you need to pay for that ticket, but some airlines (e.g., BA), will ticket it for free.
what if I make a RT lap-infant ticket, will something come up the system on the return?

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 06:39:18 PM »
what if I make a RT lap-infant ticket, will something come up the system on the return?
Sorry - you need a seat when the child is >2. Most airlines make you purchase that seat.