Topic Wiki

Open Serve: Do 1 of the following:
1) Buy a temporary card. (free in cvs in NJ won’t take cc)($3.95 fee), or
2) Open online. They’ll send you a card. (free)
Note that you COULD have more than one of these: Bluebird (BB), Redcard and serve. 

Loading Serve: Serve does not have any fees to load money.
a) At CVS, 7-11, and Rite Aid ONLY CASH can be loaded.
b) At Walmart GCs …uh Debit Cards (besides Vanilla cards) can be loaded onto Serve just like onto BB. Load limit: $2500/day up to $5000/month
c) At Family Dollar max $499.99/Day, not hard coded, YMMV, Cash or Debit/Gift Card.
WARNING: There are reports of debit cards being drained at FD, and not loading onto Serve, so FD is not recommended.
d) An Amex CC of the serve cardholder can be linked and used to fund your Serve ONLINE. Load limit: $200 per day/$1000 per month
Amex cc loads are not considered cash advance. They DO NOT earn points, or count towards a spending threshold.
e) Debit Cards linked to Serve: $200/day up to 1000/month ONLINE.  But only a permanent DC with your name on it. (NOT GCs)

So your total loading limit per month, if using all 3 methods is $7K.

-Serve has a $1 monthly inactivity fee (waived in VA, NY and TX) that is waived if you use Direct Deposit OR add $500.
-If Serve has a bonus for using direct deposit, use AP.

Using the funds on Serve:
-Free ATM use/withdrawal at MoneyPass ATMs. $2 elsewhere.
-Serve has a Bill Pay feature – same as BB.  You tell them who to pay, and they send a check for you.  You can pay up to 5k of unregistered billers, but 10K of registered ones (registered= those on their bill pay list). Pay your Credit Cards bills as well as many other bills or any person!
WARNING: Do not use the bill pay feature to pay the Credit Card that is linked for online loads.
-money in your Serve account can be withdrawn directly to a linked bank account, which, if done too much, may be seen as risky by Serve, but in moderation should be fine.
Withdraw to your bank https://secure.serve.com/Actions/WithdrawMoney

Make sure the name, address and phone number on your profile match your credit card billing address, or you may get declined.  When linking your credit card at serve.com, the website will only show you the address on your profile, but not the phone number, so this is easy to overlook.  Go to profile, and check/update your phone number there.

Error likely with the Serve account:
When you create a new account and add a credit card, you will be allowed to do the first transaction. After that, your account will probably go into system lockdown until you verify some information. Likely error message for this case is "Risk declined operation" when you try to add money on to the account. You will need to send in (online, fax or mail) a photo ID and a copy of your credit card or statement. Upload your documents here -
https://secure.serve.com/User/SecureFileUpload. Then Call up AMEX Account Protection Services at 1-800-555-4318 and tell them you uploaded the documents and ask them to verify it for you.
« Last edited by Iz on August 18, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Author Topic: Amexserve/Softcard  (Read 1385458 times)

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #2400 on: November 06, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »
Can I use the serve account and routing number to make a cc payment, or I need to send a bill payment?
that one. If you use the routing number and account number it won't go through and you'll get a returned payment fee (I did it once and luckily my cc credited me the fee)

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Amexserve/Softcard
« Reply #2401 on: November 07, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »
I recall seeing a note somewhere on the screen while recently using serve bill pay saying that if you need the bill to be paid earlier than the 2 days it often takes, you can use the card number somehow to pay the CC directly -- somewhat similar to using a checking account I think. Need to check out the details but that's what I recall seeing.

Offline koplonko

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 07, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »
I just tried a few times to load my ink plus card onto serve without succeeding. After talking to Chase they said that it comes up as cash advance and my limit is $0. has that happened to anyone? According to the wiki it should come up as purchase, no?

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #2403 on: November 07, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »
I just tried a few times to load my ink plus card onto serve without succeeding. After talking to Chase they said that it comes up as cash advance and my limit is $0. has that happened to anyone? According to the wiki it should come up as purchase, no?
While the charge is pending, it is considered a C/A. However, when it posts, it post as a sale. Check the Wiki to make sure that it will post as a sale.
^^^

Offline YG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 07, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
Delivery date: Nov 12
Need it sooner?  You can also use your serve card number to pay bills on merchant websites

Prob talking about using it as a debit card to make purchases on websites etc. Not paying CC bills.

My bad.

Offline koplonko

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 07, 2014, 10:24:50 AM »
While the charge is pending, it is considered a C/A. However, when it posts, it post as a sale. Check the Wiki to make sure that it will post as a sale.

Thanks, I saw some fellows discussing it upthread but didnt see confirmation.
thanks again

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 07, 2014, 10:41:27 AM »
Thanks, I saw some fellows discussing it upthread but didnt see confirmation.
thanks again

FWIW, I posted a screenshot of some loads after having posted.

Offline freddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 07, 2014, 02:20:13 PM »
I accidentally made to subaccounts with the same name should I leave it be or is that risky?
"Judge me by the enemies I make"

Offline AnonymousUser

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 07, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »
I accidentally made to subaccounts with the same name should I leave it be or is that risky?
I doubt it will be an issue.

Offline chuck447744

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 08, 2014, 06:50:40 PM »
I have AMEX serve card I am trying to figure out how to get the $1 credit ?
When I called them up they said if I use the physical plastic card it does not count however if I make a purchase online it does count?
So I bought a few amazon GC for $1.25 will that count for the $1.00 credit or does it have to be VIA soft card app??

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 08, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »
I have AMEX serve card I am trying to figure out how to get the $1 credit ?
When I called them up they said if I use the physical plastic card it does not count however if I make a purchase online it does count?
So I bought a few amazon GC for $1.25 will that count for the $1.00 credit or does it have to be VIA soft card app??
Receive a $1.00 statement credit to your American Express Serve Account for each eligible contactless purchase transaction of $1.00 or more that appears on your American Express Serve Account statement and is made between March 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014 using your eligible American Express Serve Card in Softcard (an “Eligible Card”) at locations that accept American Express contactless payments.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline ariIs

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 09, 2014, 10:49:21 AM »
Went to family dollar today to reload serve - told me they don't do it anymore. Worked last week. Anyone know if this is new store policy or company wide?

Offline kangarruu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 09, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
Went to family dollar today to reload serve - told me they don't do it anymore. Worked last week. Anyone know if this is new store policy or company wide?

Store policy.

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 09, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
I just did it. They changed the Vanilla Reloads (they're now combined with NetSpend reloads) and the guy didnt see the AMEX logo on the card so he said it wasn't for AMEX, and I had convince him that they just changed the card and VR still loads serve. Finally he tried it and it worked just fine.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline moshe28

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 10, 2014, 10:12:41 AM »
I just went to buy an Amex Serve at CVS and the cashier scanned the card and then tellls me she can't sell it to me as it is being recalled.  Any idea what that would be about?

Offline NewYorker11219

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: November 10, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »
I need to verify a credit card with Serve but I don't have time to sit on the phone with them, they used to send me a link to upload a copy of the credit card/debit card, does someone have this link and is willing to share it with me?

Offline Yakovrose

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 10, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »
I need to verify a credit card with Serve but I don't have time to sit on the phone with them, they used to send me a link to upload a copy of the credit card/debit card, does someone have this link and is willing to share it with me?
https://secure.serve.com/Login/?ReturnUrl=%2fuser%2fSecureFileUpload

Offline ariIs

• View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: November 10, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »

https://secure.serve.com/Login/?ReturnUrl=%2fuser%2fSecureFileUpload

Usually you have to call them afterwards for them to look at the file. When you call, ask to be transferred to fraud prevention right away.

Offline Yakovrose

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 10, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »
Usually you have to call them afterwards for them to look at the file. When you call, ask to be transferred to fraud prevention right away.
That's right
Here is the direct number 1-800-555-4318

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: November 10, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
why doesnt the current amazon offer show up in the softcard app? the tap 15 times for $ etc..
did the 20.00 offer even show up in the app?