Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Chase Sapphire Reserve BENEFITS master thread

5/24 applies to this card
Minimum $10K of CL is needed, so if you can't get 10K on an instant, there's another great reason to get declined

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase’s Highest Ultimate Rewards Signup Bonus Ever: Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Bonus Is Now Live; Get $2,100 In Free Travel!

DansDeals.com » Blog Archive » Chase Sapphire Reserve Additional User Benefits And Lounge Guesting Policy Are Awesome!

There are multiple instances reported on this very thread of someone who was way over 5/24 and did not have PC and who got approval after recon.

The information below no longer applies for 2016/2017 but should still be useful for 2017/2018

Can you still get a 2016 travel credit if you apply now for a Sapphire Reserve card?

People have been reporting various due dates in January. If you get a due date between the 6th to the 25th then your bill will close between December 9th-28th and you will have time to spend the $300 in 2016 travel credit.

It is definitely still possible to get those due dates, but there’s no guarantee. If you do apply then be sure to call reconsideration to see if you can get approved today.
You may also be able to change your payment due date to generate a December statement if your due date is earlier than January 6 or later than January 25th. Just call to have you due date changed to January 25th to have your statement close on December 28th.

From here. Hopefully this will stop the constant questions.

Check which category a store is: https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
« Last edited by yelped on May 25, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »

Author Topic: Chase Sapphire Reserve  (Read 1259548 times)

Offline greathummer7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve
« Reply #4020 on: October 03, 2017, 12:02:21 AM »
Did you read full letter?
The end threatens shutdown

And op said it's been almost a year since he got the letter. If Chase didn't shut the account within 30 days of the letter, why would they take action now?

Offline meme

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: October 03, 2017, 12:05:14 AM »
And op said it's been almost a year since he got the letter. If Chase didn't shut the account within 30 days of the letter, why would they take action now?
His only mentioned transfer freeze.

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: October 04, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »
Received an email -between Oct 4th and Nov 4th - every time I use SR with Apple Pay, I earn an extra UR point per dollar, up to $1,500. Anybody else?

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #4023 on: October 04, 2017, 11:55:32 AM »
Received an email -between Oct 4th and Nov 4th - every time I use SR with Apple Pay, I earn an extra UR point per dollar, up to $1,500. Anybody else?

Got the same email
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline my7168

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: October 04, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »
Has anyone gotten a decent offer for keeping the card open and paying the annual fee?

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #4025 on: October 04, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »
Has anyone gotten a decent offer for keeping the card open and paying the annual fee?

No
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: October 05, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »
Called to convert to FU to have the AF removed . Not worth paying $150 AF unless you use it a lot or travel a lot. Th benefit dept of this card is a total fraud and they  denied our claim and never even responded back to all the emails and letters and ignored all evidences! Chase exec office refused to intervene!  I didn’t have time to file smal claims court lawsuit and the amount for th claim was just  around $200.  This is one of the reason I wanted to cancel this card on 2nd year during AF period. Great card but  a very bad dishonest separate travel benefit dept.

Offline elimmm

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: October 08, 2017, 05:39:57 PM »
The benefit dept of this card is a total fraud and they  denied our claim and never even responded back to all the emails and letters and ignored all evidences! Chase exec office refused to intervene!  ....... Great card but  a very bad dishonest separate travel benefit dept.

what kind of claim?
why did they decline it?
perhaps you can file again, a bit differently

Offline nyusa

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: October 15, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
When redeeming points via the portal for 1.5 cents, are you limited to chase's carriers? If I want to book a cruise via expedia, orbitz or vacationstogo am I not able to redeem via the portal for 1.5 cents? Anyone know a way around this

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #4029 on: October 15, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »
When redeeming points via the portal for 1.5 cents, are you limited to chase's carriers? If I want to book a cruise via expedia, orbitz or vacationstogo am I not able to redeem via the portal for 1.5 cents? Anyone know a way around this

You are limited to what appears in the portal and there is no way around it (except for Southwest).  Have tried various times to no avail, rep. always tells me I'm welcome to book somewhere else and redeem the points as a statement credit at 1cpp.

Offline nyusa

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: October 15, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »
Thank you!

Offline confu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: October 16, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »
You are limited to what appears in the portal and there is no way around it (except for Southwest).  Have tried various times to no avail, rep. always tells me I'm welcome to book somewhere else and redeem the points as a statement credit at 1cpp.
have given phone reps exact Itinerary I wanted and they were often able to book it, for the price a found or a bit more (but not 1.5 times more).
It's possible it's bec. I was booking complicated multi city flights- Their Portal is REALLY bad for those

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #4032 on: October 16, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »
have given phone reps exact Itinerary I wanted and they were often able to book it, for the price a found or a bit more (but not 1.5 times more).
It's possible it's bec. I was booking complicated multi city flights- Their Portal is REALLY bad for those

Perhaps it wasn't clear, but my post was referring to itineraries with carriers that do not appear on the portal at all (e.g. Air Serbia, many European low costs, etc.). After all, this is what the OP asked for.

Are you saying you managed to have them book carriers that aren't otherwise listed?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:55:53 PM by moe8555 »

Offline farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:18 PM »
would they book a basic economy fare?
Risk is opportunity

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: October 16, 2017, 07:43:54 PM »
Definitely not UA, but possibly others.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #4035 on: October 19, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
I now you folks always discuss getting the 450 fee first year, get the $300 credit, then when second Af hits, do the $300 credit and downgrade.
In that case you're supposedly $150 ahead.
Is there any reason not to continue with the $450 second AF and then when you get hit with  the third AF, do the $300 credit and THEN downgrade to a no fee card? If my calculations are correct you got net $0 fee for the two years. And of course the use for the card another year. Make sense? Seems like their flights use less points than the mileage on the actual airlines. Like to Israel on ElAl (uch!), Delta or United.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: October 19, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »
I now you folks always discuss getting the 450 fee first year, get the $300 credit, then when second Af hits, do the $300 credit and downgrade.
In that case you're supposedly $150 ahead.
Is there any reason not to continue with the $450 second AF and then when you get hit with  the third AF, do the $300 credit and THEN downgrade to a no fee card? If my calculations are correct you got net $0 fee for the two years. And of course the use for the card another year. Make sense? Seems like their flights use less points than the mileage on the actual airlines. Like to Israel on ElAl (uch!), Delta or United.
If you travel and use the benefits of the card it can even pay to **gasp** keep the card!
$450-$300= $150 cost per year.
Benefits: 1.5 mile redemption for any flight (they have on their list)
Priority Pass
primary car insurance
etc
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: October 20, 2017, 10:08:33 AM »
if chase closed my friend account because he added to many AU is there a way I can get it open again or he is done with chase for a couple of years ?

Offline farmbochur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:46 AM »

Apparently you can book a DL basic economy fare on UR portal. Would Amex Delta gold card holders get special treatment (like explorer card holders do on UA basic economy)?
Risk is opportunity

Offline dantorah

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: October 23, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
Has anyone recently had success in getting the 450 AF for second year, waived?