Author Topic: Hidden City Ticket LAS-EWR-YYZ Will they allow passenger to board with ID only??  (Read 6778 times)

Offline 138138

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Didn't realize and didn't bring passport, will I be able to board if I check in online with passport number?
What can I do at this point, supposed to fly tonight.

TIA

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Didn't realize and didn't bring passport, will I be able to board if I check in online with passport number?

TIA
I'm pretty sure ID is good enough to go to canada. You do not need a passport but you can google it to be 100% sure

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure ID is good enough to go to canada. You do not need a passport but you can google it to be 100% sure

FALSE! You NEED a passport

You may however tell them that somebody will bring your passport in EWR.

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile

TIA

They should only ask to see your passport if checking in at the counter (which you don't have to since you're not checking in luggage) or when boarding the last leg so you should be fine. In LA, they will only ask for ID by security since you are flying domestic. Worst case scenario say that you forgot your passport in NY and someone will bring it to you at the airport! I wouldn't worry at all though.

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
FYI you must legally be allowed to fly the entire hidden city. The airlines can and do deny people if for example the hidden city is to Russia and you don't have a visa, or if you're going to Canada and don't have a passport with you
^^^

Offline bermo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile

TIA
What airline
Ime With delta they won't let you on without a passport even if you say someone will meet you at ewr

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
They should only ask to see your passport if checking in at the counter (which you don't have to since you're not checking in luggage) or when boarding the last leg so you should be fine. In LA, they will only ask for ID by security since you are flying domestic. Worst case scenario say that you forgot your passport in NY and someone will bring it to you at the airport! I wouldn't worry at all though.
Most international flight don't allow online check in for precisely this reason, everyone has to get their passport verified. Good luck with the I'm picking it up mid trip argument!

Offline 138138

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
What airline
Ime With delta they won't let you on without a passport even if you say someone will meet you at ewr

United Airlines.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
Most international flight don't allow online check in for precisely this reason, everyone has to get their passport verified. Good luck with the I'm picking it up mid trip argument!
Most international flights? That is some strong language, I haven't checked in at a counter in a very long time, although I have been asked once at security (I only give my ID usually in the states, and OP doesn't have to show the second ticket to the agent), and I have only been checked right before boarding the international flight. I have over 100 boarding passes on my phone.

OP, will they let you check in online?

Offline 138138

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Yes checked in online. Had somebody retrieve my passport and check in for me, cuz needed it to scan. Flight is in 3 Hours hoping for the best.

Offline CS1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • California Gourmet Premium Chocolate
  • Programs: DDSLA, DDSCLE, Bonvoy Titanium Feb 2025
Yes checked in online. Had somebody retrieve my passport and check in for me, cuz needed it to scan. Flight is in 3 Hours hoping for the best.

good luck. Let us know if you needed the passport for boarding.
California Gourmet Belgian Nut-Free Chocolate Chips https://bit.ly/CaliforniaGourmetDirect

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Most international flights? That is some strong language, I haven't checked in at a counter in a very long time, although I have been asked once at security (I only give my ID usually in the states, and OP doesn't have to show the second ticket to the agent), and I have only been checked right before boarding the international flight. I have over 100 boarding passes on my phone.

OP, will they let you check in online?
So you've flown from the U.S. to another country in the past couple years and not had anyone from the airline check your passport? What airlines and city pairs?

Offline bermo

• View Profile
Update?

Offline 138138

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Bh had no issues. As I said before checked in online, received mobile boarding pass and went through security with just an id.

Thanks all

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
So you've flown from the U.S. to another country in the past couple years and not had anyone from the airline check your passport? What airlines and city pairs?

I'm not sure whether you understood that OP did not want to fly the last leg, it's a hidden city ticket. Except if I checked bag, there has never been a time that my passport was checked before getting to the gate for the international leg. But now that you mention it, I realized that whenever I fly JFK-GVA (outbound flight only) they don't check my passport at all. However, it doesn't matter as they do it for Canada before boarding the flight.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
Bh had no issues. As I said before checked in online, received mobile boarding pass and went through security with just an id.

Thanks all

Awesome,  told you not to worry! ;)

Offline bermo

• View Profile

Thanks all
That's awesome..
Very smart idea.. 

Offline bermo

• View Profile

They should only ask to see your passport if checking in at the counter (which you don't have to since you're not checking in luggage) or when boarding the last leg so you should be fine. In LA, they will only ask for ID by security since you are flying domestic.

-1 Ime even if you check in online they will ask you for your passport when boarding your first flight (they will call you to come over to the counter or when you scan the boarding pass a message will pop up)
I'm not sure if all airlines work like this.. But many do

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile

-1 Ime even if you check in online they will ask you for your passport when boarding your first flight (they will call you to come over to the counter or when you scan the boarding pass a message will pop up)
I'm not sure if all airlines work like this.. But many do

I guess some airlines might differ, but I haven't had this happen to me in a few years.

Offline bermo

• View Profile
I guess some airlines might differ, but I haven't had this happen to me in a few years.
Cool
what airlines?