LopeEdit is a powerful programmer's editor and a replacement of Windows Notepad.
There are two editions of LopeEdit: LopeEdit Lite (freeware) and LopeEdit Pro (shareware). LopeEdit Lite is fully functional but does not contain all features, and LopeEdit Pro includes all features. You must purchase LopeEdit Pro if you wish to use it. You can try LopeEdit Pro for 30 days if you don't register it.
Basic Features (LopeEdit Lite and LopeEdit Pro)
* Supports visual themes: Office 2003 Screenshot Screenshot, Visual Studio 2005 Screenshot, Office XP Screenshot, Office 2000 Screenshot or Windows XP Screenshot.
* Tabs to select between open files.
* UNICODE and UTF-8 support.
* Support for the following new line formats: DOS/Windows, Linux/Unix, MAC.
* Screenshot Automatic highlighting of brackets/braces as typing or positioning occurs.
* Multiple tabs for an open file.
* Screenshot The window can be divided in tab groups (horizontal or vertical). It is possible to move tabs by dragging them with the mouse.
* Screenshot Edit Box in toolbar to find quickly strings in documents.
* Several docking windows with utilities. These windows can be docked in any place of the main window, or can be auto-hided when losing the focus.
* Screenshot File Browser Window. Build-in file browser (as Windows Explorer) to open files in the editor, or to make any operation over files or folders (copy, move, delete, etc.).
* Screenshot Find and Replace Window. Finds or replaces a string in the current document or in all open documents.
* Screenshot Find and Replace In Files Window. Finds or replaces a string in all files that a folder contains.
* Regular expression support with tagged expressions for find/replace.
* Screenshot Find Results Windows. Allows showing search results. Double clicking over a search result, editor will open the file and will scroll until search result position.
* Screenshot Favorites Window and Screenshot Favorites menu.
* Screenshot Recent Files Window.
* Opens files from Internet (Web sites or FTP sites). Files opened from FTP sites can be saved directly in FTP sites.
* Quick view. When a file is selected in build-in File Browser, the file is showed in quick view. This allows observing multiple files quickly.
* Screenshot Bookmarks support. Optionally it is possible to save bookmarks.
* Screenshot Edit marks support. Marks are displayed in the margin for modified lines.
* Screenshot Printing Preview support.
* Screenshot ASCII Table Window. Allows viewing and insertion of ASCII characters.
* File associations. Any file type can be associated in order to open files with LopeEdit by double clicking from Windows Explorer.
* Screenshot User configurable toolbars and menus. It is posible to modify, add, delete commands from menus and toolbars, and to add new menus and new toolbars.
Advanced Features (LopeEdit Pro only) I won't mention, as they are very advanced functions that very little people will use.http://www.lopesoft.com/en/lopeedit/info.html