Author Topic: looking to buy one order of 4 coins from todays mint  (Read 34805 times)

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: looking to buy one order of 4 coins from todays mint
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
I can't speak to people's conscious or ethical behavior, however, i think it's very clear that the two prices mentioned are not comparable.

I offered a guaranteed profit. Buyers were taking no risk. Based on everybody's expectations pre the Mint selling these, my offer was extremely reasonable and fair.

If one decided to speculate on his own - which is totally fine by me - then one may have hit a jackpot here. Not unlike striking out in the last deal that I ran - where people came back to me begging me to buy their coins at mint cost. If you speculate you earn the right to earn more or to lose, that's the optionally you get.

What one has to do with the other, i don't get. It's like putting your money in a .75% CD and then wanting the return of the S&P 500 because it did better.

If this isn't clear to anybody, I'd gladly recommend a local bank they can try.
Dont worry. I'm a man of my word and will go thru with you. I'm positive it's unethical, but I'm sure someone wants to start a discussion.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline deal boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »
I can't speak to people's conscious or ethical behavior, however, i think it's very clear that the two prices mentioned are not comparable.

I offered a guaranteed profit. Buyers were taking no risk. Based on everybody's expectations pre the Mint selling these, my offer was extremely reasonable and fair.

If one decided to speculate on his own - which is totally fine by me - then one may have hit a jackpot here. Not unlike striking out in the last deal that I ran - where people came back to me begging me to buy their coins at mint cost. If you speculate you earn the right to earn more or to lose, that's the optionally you get.

What one has to do with the other, i don't get. It's like putting your money in a .75% CD and then wanting the return of the S&P 500 because it did better.

Well said ... I agree with you ...

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 09:59:42 PM »

Can I say that you are in no way a big enough corporation to tell me your getting me a guaranteed profit. I'm sure there are multiple ways this can go sour, and you (and even Dan if he's backing you) would not be able to hold out on your side of the deal, and would rather shut down completely rather than take a loss.
Larger chance for me not to get messed over - Yes.
Definite guarantee - No, more like a 98% chance.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 10:16:41 PM »
Can I say that you are in no way a big enough corporation to tell me your getting me a guaranteed profit. I'm sure there are multiple ways this can go sour, and you (and even Dan if he's backing you) would not be able to hold out on your side of the deal, and would rather shut down completely rather than take a loss.

There's another swing and miss... I guess this is what happens when you speculate ;-)

My deals are fully backed and guaranteed by purchase orders.
What does that even mean "no way a big enough corporation"?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 10:20:46 PM »
When we were doing guaranteed deals (before we had a working relationship) the full cost of repaying everybody was covered in case things went south.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mordeyj

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 10:30:42 PM »
When we were doing guaranteed deals (before we had a working relationship) the full cost of repaying everybody was covered in case things went south.

OR they ask people to cancle orders...

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:30:55 PM »
Love this thread. Thank god! I grab a set of coins!!
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline ttn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 11:06:08 PM »

I totally  agree with you i opted in pfs for this deal and when i opened this thread for a second I was tempted but after thinking for more than a second it is clear to me it is  not yashrus to back out

Offline mbelsky

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 12:06:31 AM »
I totally  agree with you i opted in pfs for this deal and when i opened this thread for a second I was tempted but after thinking for more than a second it is clear to me it is  not yashrus to back out
+1

But I still disagree with us being locked out from being able to get all the info easily to decide who to commit to?...

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »
But I still disagree with us being locked out from being able to get all the info easily to decide who to commit to?...
If you really want the info, it's not that hard to get it. I was emailed by at least 3 different brokers offering this deal. :)

Offline JTZ

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 12:23:12 AM »
There's another swing and miss... I guess this is what happens when you speculate ;-)

My deals are fully backed and guaranteed by purchase orders.
Since you open this can of worms. Who is backing and guaranteeing these orders? Last time Dan did now it seems that is not the case.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 12:25:26 AM »
Since you open this can of worms. Who is backing and guaranteeing these orders? Last time Dan did now it seems that is not the case.

It's not a can of worms at all.

I work with some of the largest coin dealers and home shopping networks in the country. Every deal can be different. I've been doing this since 2006 and built great relationships in the space.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:04 AM »
It's not a can of worms at all.

I work with some of the largest coin dealers and home shopping networks in the country. Every deal can be different. I've been doing this since 2006 and built great relationships in the space.
That's all good but you now claim this is guaranteed. Are you aware one of the largest coin dealers in the world went bankrupt a couple of year ago and left everyone hanging? You will need a little more proof to back up your guarantee claim or it might just be better to retract that part.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:30 AM »

And to be clear (and not to get into any crazy details), Dan's backing on the two deals that we did together last year was that he was a guarantor on top of the Purchase Orders and Contracts etc that I had in place - it was an extra layer or insurance for the DD members. The deal specs - from my end - has not changed one bit.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »
And to be clear (and not to get into any crazy details), Dan's backing on the two deals that we did together last year was that he was a guarantor on top of the Purchase Orders and Contracts etc that I had in place - it was an extra layer or insurance for the DD members. The deal specs - from my end - has not changed one bit.
That is perfectly clear. What is not clear is you are making a guarantee claim that is not.

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 12:36:42 AM »
That is perfectly clear. What is not clear is you are making a guarantee claim that is not.

Can I hire you as my general counsel?

Offline shmoe joe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 12:38:58 AM »
I have a set to sell pls pm with an offer
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 12:39:16 AM »
Can I hire you as my general counsel?
No but to show members I know what I am talking about they might want to read this.
http://www.coinweek.com/bullion-report/tulving-company-collapse/

I can also give a the top gold seller on eBay that went bust. I had personal experience with both of them.

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 12:47:19 AM »
Lot of dancing going on...guarantee followed by a question followed by a repeated guarantee

Offline pfscoins

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 01:18:20 AM »

guar·an·tee
ˌɡerənˈtē/
noun
a formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled, especially that a product will be repaired or replaced if not of a specified quality and durability.

It's true I didn't go to law school,  but I'm still not sure  what can of worms I opened and why I can't guarantee things.