Author Topic: Drones Master Thread  (Read 8804 times)

Online Something Fishy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
Re: Drones Master Thread
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2017, 12:29:01 PM »
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has established airspace restrictions over 133 military facilities to address national security concerns about unauthorized drone operations. The specific restricted locations are detailed in a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) – UAS NOTAM FDC 7/7137, and may be viewed online via an interactive map here.

The Agency is using its existing authority under Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) § 99.7 – Special Security Instructions – to establish these restrictions. The relief provided under § 99.7 is limited to requests from the Department of Defense and U.S. federal security and intelligence agencies based on national security interests.

U.S. military facilities are considered “sensitive” as they are vital to the nation’s security. The FAA and the Department of Defense have agreed to restrict drone flights up to 400 feet within the facility’s lateral boundaries. There are only a few exceptions that permit drone flights within these restrictions, and they must be coordinated with the individual facility and/or the FAA. The restrictions are effective on April 14, 2017.

Operators who violate the airspace restrictions may be subject to enforcement action, including potential civil penalties and criminal charges.

See the map here; one of the new no-fly zones is pretty close to Lakewood.
Check out all my Trip Reports here!

Online Something Fishy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »
Interesting... DJI Spark, smaller than the Mavic, yet larger than the folded Mavic.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/06/the-leaked-dji-spark-looks-to-be-the-mavic-pros-little-bother/
Check out all my Trip Reports here!

Online grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2017, 05:41:59 PM »
Interesting thing happened today. we were flying the drone and when it came to land we saw things flying around the Drone and when I got closer we realized that the Drone was being attacked by a swarm of wasps. We must have killed one because we see little wasps pieces on the Drone and it probably caused all the other wasps to start attacking the Drone because they decided it was a threat
I'm not who you think I am.