Topic Wiki

Get involved!

Stay Informed:
http://www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD
Send a text to 40404 saying: " Follow @takebackLKWD " to get text updates.
Send an email to takebacklakewood@gmail.com saying " Subscribe " to get added to our email list for updates.

Attend:
Show up to Township Commitee, Planning, and Zoning board meetings. Speak up to stop the high density building!
All meetings are at the Township Building at 231 3rd Street. More info here.

Donate:
Take Back Lakewood is a grassroots campaign that has thrived despite little funding. With proper funding the campaign can reach far more people, hire a lawyer, and continue to force Lakewood Township to serve it's residents. Every dollar counts!
Donate Here

Other Links:
First Amendment Activist - Videos of meetings and a variety of township info related to meetings, applications, and township officials.
Lakewood Link - Lakewood News
Beware of Fake News

« Last edited by yuneeq on February 19, 2017, 11:48:01 PM »

Author Topic: Take Back Lakewood  (Read 83394 times)

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
Take Back Lakewood
« on: October 28, 2016, 02:07:07 PM »
Alright, time for some discussion.

www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD

1) Are you familiar with us and what we're trying to accomplish.
2) Agree or disagree
3) Are you one of the thousands that agree but think there is nothing that can be done? Well there is!! :)
4) Thoughts, comments and feedback.

We've accomplished a lot in a very short time and need public support to take this further....

If anyone is interested in substance and would like to privately email me - takebacklakewood@gmail.com I will keep your name confidential (or you can use an email that doesn't have your real name etc. I will add you to a list of people who are getting email updates and we can correspond on real ideas and substance.

Mods and other policemen- I apologize if you view this as self promotion. I am here simply to promote what I believe the majority of Lakewood's residents are very frustrated about. As individuals there is little to be done but as a united group we can change everything. I have no interest in self promotion, rather in motivating the public to stand up for what's currently ruining Lakewood due to overbuilding and density.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Take Back Lakewood
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:31 PM »
Perfect timing, JTZ was looking for some popcorn after his little attempt failed
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Freddie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 02:13:38 PM »
OP, since you made a screen name just for this, I assume you will be honest with us.
Tell me straight up in one word, take back Lakewood from WHOM? From the frai out kids? From the YU types? From the Hungarian chaseedishers? What's this movement about?

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
OP, since you made a screen name just for this, I assume you will be honest with us.
Tell me straight up in one word, take back Lakewood from WHOM? From the frai out kids? From the YU types? From the Hungarian chaseedishers? What's this movement about?
From $$ hungry developers who buy an old house knock it down and build 10 houses with basements = 20 families with 40 cars.

Online lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz PC, National EE
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »
From $$ hungry developers who buy an old house knock it down and build 10 houses with basements = 20 families with 40 cars.
While you're at it, pull them out of Brooklyn too.

Although here, instead of building new houses, they're building giant buildings.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 02:34:03 PM »
From $$ hungry developers who buy an old house knock it down and build 10 duplexes with basements = 40 families with 80 cars.
FTFY :o

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
You better hurry up because they're about to destroy James Street.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 02:43:38 PM »
As I read this thread I think he has a good point, but at the same time I'm thinking if I can get it on the developing I would be much happier

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »
It is too late to stop that which was already approved. That doesn't mean we should roll up in a ball and sleep.

I'm working to save whatever is left of the future.

Online Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »
As I read this thread I think he has a good point, but at the same time I'm thinking if I can get it on the developing I would be much happier
I dint believe you would at this point anyway, the last few developments have been selling a bit slow due to
1. so many new developments opening faster then lakewood growth i.e. people moving to Jackson etc
2. the price being so high and unaffordable and there's a lot less supplemental income from tenants as there's so many available the rates dropped.

I know for a fact in a few developments that opened recently numerous units were sold at cost price or below because the developer couldn't find buyers

Offline rs242

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 03:55:34 PM »
I dint believe you would at this point anyway, the last few developments have been selling a bit slow due to
1. so many new developments opening faster then lakewood growth i.e. people moving to Jackson etc
2. the price being so high and unaffordable and there's a lot less supplemental income from tenants as there's so many available the rates dropped.

I know for a fact in a few developments that opened recently numerous units were sold at cost price or below because the developer couldn't find buyers
If you are correct this guy needs a new life Mission

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 04:18:05 PM »
@take back. I applaud your efforts.

The only way you will have any legitimacy, staying power, or make any real difference is if you put your name and face to your movement.
Otherwise bringing publicity is great, but it won't affect real change.

You need to either run a legitimate, clean, campaign and run for public office, or find someone else who will run for your cause.

Once you have real official power as an elected official, you should be able to appoint normal people to the zoning and planning birds and get this place in order.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:22:09 PM by churnbabychurn »

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 04:20:48 PM »
Perfect timing, JTZ was looking for some popcorn after his little attempt failed
Attempt, you have to be kidding me? I can turn this place into a burning building with my eyes closed.  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 04:22:23 PM »
Attempt, you have to be kidding me? I can turn this place into a burning building with my eyes closed. 
Bring it!

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy