Topic Wiki

Get involved!

Stay Informed:
http://www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD
Send a text to 40404 saying: " Follow @takebackLKWD " to get text updates.
Send an email to takebacklakewood@gmail.com saying " Subscribe " to get added to our email list for updates.

Attend:
Show up to Township Commitee, Planning, and Zoning board meetings. Speak up to stop the high density building!
All meetings are at the Township Building at 231 3rd Street. More info here.

Donate:
Take Back Lakewood is a grassroots campaign that has thrived despite little funding. With proper funding the campaign can reach far more people, hire a lawyer, and continue to force Lakewood Township to serve it's residents. Every dollar counts!
Donate Here

Other Links:
First Amendment Activist - Videos of meetings and a variety of township info related to meetings, applications, and township officials.
Lakewood Link - Lakewood News
Beware of Fake News

« Last edited by yuneeq on February 19, 2017, 11:48:01 PM »

Author Topic: Take Back Lakewood  (Read 108370 times)

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Take Back Lakewood
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 09:25:18 PM »
Keep up the good work and BMG Will get your ip address from Dan pretty soon. 8)

Can you elaborate on how you pressured the committee etc. Nothing more than flyers in the shuls?

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 09:27:20 PM »
Keep up the good work and BMG Will get your ip address from Dan pretty soon. 8)

Can you elaborate on how you pressured the committee etc. Nothing more than flyers in the shuls?
Correct. 2 letters in the voice, 2 weeks of signs in shuls and suddenly this is all they're talking about.

While they know this is a hot topic of concern to everyone, they need a fire lit at their feet to get them to actually act.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »
I agree. I do intend to keep things very civil. However, civility has many different meanings.

Is calling for a recall election to bring new blood to replace good ol M&M civil?
Is proposing a different growth plan than what BMG wants civil?
Is calling for many of the members of the zoning board to be removed civil?

Also, there is nothing wrong with people attending the meetings and getting up to speak. This is a democracy and the public has a right to be heard...
For us outsiders, could you tell us who HH and M&M is? Thx
As a side, feel free to move to one of the dozens (hundreds?) of other frum communities that dont have this problem. Including many in the tristate area.

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 09:32:09 PM »
For us outsiders, could you tell us who HH and M&M is? Thx
As a side, feel free to move to one of the dozens (hundreds?) of other frum communities that dont have this problem. Including many in the tristate area.
For those that it is relevant to it's obvious.

Yes I can move. I'd rather not. Does that mean I should lay down and let people trample over my block/neighborhood/town? If I was alone in thinking this way it would be one thing. Seems like most of Lakewood agrees with me but gave up without even trying.

I figure it should be real easy to rally together the thousands of people who are upset about this against the handful of the developers (literally just a few people) who are ruining it for everyone.

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 09:34:42 PM »

Yes I can move. I'd rather not. Does that mean I should lay down and let people trample over my block/neighborhood/town? If I was alone in thinking this way it would be one thing. Seems like most of Lakewood agrees with me but gave up without even trying.

I figure it should be real easy to rally together the thousands of people who are upset about this against the handful of the developers (literally just a few people) who are ruining it for everyone.
In what way can you outperform HH? He rallied many thousands but fell short because bmg/vaad controls most of the blind voters.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2016, 09:36:11 PM »

As a side, feel free to move to one of the dozens (hundreds?) of other frum communities that dont have this problem.
Excuse my blunt response but that's a very dumb suggestion

I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2016, 09:37:13 PM »
In what way can you outperform HH? He rallied many thousands but fell short because bmg/vaad controls most of the blind voters.
hh failed because he became personal.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2016, 09:38:30 PM »
He started years ago when most of Lakewood were current BMG talmidim, the public drank up everything they were told and praised M&M for all of the chesed that they do.

While he did great work and brought lots of awareness, he has now been marginalized etc.

The public is now a lot wiser, they don't blindly listen to the Vaad and they can associate themselves with a clean campaign to stop the outrageous growth that they contend with each day as they sit in traffic etc.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2016, 09:39:20 PM »
Maybe some "outsiders" would still like to follow the conversation.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
I'm gonna lose it soon!🙃

Can we please for heaven's sake stop inserting "BMG" as the source of all the town's evils???!?

Why on earth do you think BMG would be officially pro over development? Traffic? Satmar? Belz? Etc etc.

Even if you argue that these do end up benefiting BMG in some indirect way, by making the conversation about "corrupt" BMG, instead of the irresponsible, grossly incompetent, negligent and corrupt government of Lakewood, you automatically lose your audience.

I suggest you try to actually go sit down with the vaad of Lakewood! - I know this may sound shocking - but try it. - Explain your agenda, they may be actually be supportive! They can assert direct influence over elected officials. Lots of it... They are actually not all evil monsters..

But no one is going to listen to, or legitimize any campaign that speaks negatively of BMG etc.

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:55 PM »
Aaaand my site is down. Lol

http://www.takebacklakewood.com/

Hopefully just a server issue and not an attack. :)

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 09:56:03 PM »

I'm gonna lose it soon!🙃

Can we please for heaven's sake stop inserting "BMG" as the source of all the town's evils???!?
Dig your head in the sand, good idea.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 09:57:49 PM »
hh failed because he became personal.
What was his agenda anyway? Downtown. That's all. Who cared?

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »
I'm gonna lose it soon!🙃

Why on earth do you think BMG would be officially pro over development? Traffic? Satmar? Belz? Etc etc.

Even if you argue that these do end up benefiting BMG in some indirect way, by making the conversation about "corrupt" BMG, instead of the irresponsible, grossly incompetent, negligent and corrupt government of Lakewood, you automatically lose your audience.

I suggest you try to actually go sit down with the vaad of Lakewood! - I know this may sound shocking - but try it. - Explain your agenda, they may be actually be supportive! They can assert direct influence over elected officials. Lots of it... They are actually not all evil monsters..

But no one is going to listen to, or legitimize any campaign that speaks negatively of BMG etc.
Sorry, sorry. The fact is that they are the ones who sent in M&M and have been the proponents of the claim that our town needs to grow to 225K residents by 2030.
I agree and I'm not saying that they are the bad ones and you're right, I shouldn't mention them at all to avoid such appearance.

Is mentioning the Vaad ok?? I would sit down with them if I thought that
A)They still have influence
B)That they care to change things. They seem quite satisfied with the status quo and are doing nothing to stop it. Neither has any committee member until I brought this up. Also, say I meet with them and they are NOT predisposed to suddenly dis-align themselves with all of the wonderful developers? Well then there goes this movement as my existence is known and I'm squashed in one second.

Yes, a certain realtor for imperial is one of the biggest issues as he is actively recruiting thousands of NY residents to move to Lakewood. While I can't stop him from doing things legally, I can stop him from getting variances and potentially stop approval of large developments at all which can reduce his ability to continue to do what he is doing. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:12:00 PM by takebacklakewood »

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 10:14:54 PM »
Is your agenda:

a) a scorched earth, drain the swamp, fight to the death clean up corruption. (aka, HH v2)

b) recognize that we can't change the past (your mantra?), therefore there is no need to blame or bash anyone - including M&M.
Rather run a campaign to raise massive awareness about the scope of the town's problems, and by this apply pressure on the governing bodies to cease and desist from further development.

If it a), you are going to fail and lose a lot..
If b)- you are holdings your nose and working within the current system to affect change anyway..
If so, go to the vaad, go get rabbinic backing. Etc

If you were totally above board and clean, (no negativity), you could even reach out to the Yated for publicity... (Shmuel berinboum should be a big ally imho) etc.