Topic Wiki

Get involved!

Stay Informed:
http://www.takebacklakewood.com
https://twitter.com/TakebackLKWD
Send a text to 40404 saying: " Follow @takebackLKWD " to get text updates.
Send an email to takebacklakewood@gmail.com saying " Subscribe " to get added to our email list for updates.

Attend:
Show up to Township Commitee, Planning, and Zoning board meetings. Speak up to stop the high density building!
All meetings are at the Township Building at 231 3rd Street. More info here.

Donate:
Take Back Lakewood is a grassroots campaign that has thrived despite little funding. With proper funding the campaign can reach far more people, hire a lawyer, and continue to force Lakewood Township to serve it's residents. Every dollar counts!
Donate Here

Other Links:
First Amendment Activist - Videos of meetings and a variety of township info related to meetings, applications, and township officials.
Lakewood Link - Lakewood News
Beware of Fake News

« Last edited by yuneeq on February 19, 2017, 11:48:01 PM »

Author Topic: Take Back Lakewood  (Read 83314 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Take Back Lakewood
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2016, 11:46:09 AM »
Maybe because they get a lot of anonymous hate emails?
+1

More so, take back is encouraging war against M&M. Calling them out as the source of the problems etc. No way they will hop on board at this point.

They will gladly join any positive populist movement imho.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
Are you the one texting?  :)
I think he's on Facebook
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2016, 11:48:06 AM »
+1

More so, take back is encouraging war against M&M. Calling them out as the source of the problems etc. No way they will hop on board at this point.

They will gladly join any positive populist movement imho.
You are obvious oblivious to all the corruption this town has become entangled with.
Jack Of All & Master Of All

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »
Are you the one texting?  :)
No that is HH.

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Send a text to 40404 saying: Follow @takebackLKWD to get important text updates.
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »
I should add - even the Voice who was the only one (besides hefkervelt) to publish my 2 submitted letters that started this all off has since refused to print any more letters on this topic. I know people who submitted respectful letters on this topic (with no mention of TBL etc) and they won't print the letters.

Apparently, many people are just too afraid to do anything to go against the current agenda.

While I get that this shouldn't be a war and shouldn't be negative or against anyone, on the other hand a completely nice and friendly campaign with lots of pleases and thank you's simply won't get anywhere.

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2016, 12:06:18 PM »
You my friend are the clueless one. What do you know of the vaad? Where do you get your information? A coffee room of some BP transplanted shteeble? Or HH's twitter account?
Unfortunately I cannot disclose my source here.
But let's just say this - based on your posts, I've been living in lkwd longer than you.
And my knowledge isn't coffee room based. Nice try.

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
All we need to do now is educate and change mentality of the governing bodies. Getting the vaad on board to help with this mission would be amazing. Getting roshei yeshiva on board should be easy.
Is that a Joke? Do you think "the vaad" isn't very very aware of what's going on? (and even implied to some extent)

My earlier "assumptions" seem to be true.  You are either affiliated with them, or stragglers up clueless.

Let's start with this -  do you know who the vaad members are? And what they do by profession? (which will help you understand what they gain from being on the vaad) 

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »
Is The Vaad Of Lakewood Losing Their Influence?

By their own admission:

It is struggling, they say, to keep up with an expanding Orthodox population as fresh voices speak out and the economy shifts personal priorities.

“We’re at a point where the community has minds of its own and does not just follow recommendations without understanding them,’’ Vaad member Avrohom Moshe Muller said. “It puts us in a different position.’‘

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2016, 12:17:48 PM »
Do you think the yeshiva wants Brooklyn to move to Lakewood? Heck,  I remember when they would get upset that restaurants had seating!
Oy.  You seem to be terribly confused.

"the yeshiva" that didn't want seats in the restaurants was the roshie yeshiva

When people refer to "bmg" when they talk about housing/development/money, they aren't referring to R' Yeruchem, and R' Dovid.

I'll leave you with that.
You have about 20 years of catching up to do.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »
Unfortunately I cannot disclose my source here.
But let's just say this - based on your posts, I've been living in lkwd longer than you.
And my knowledge isn't coffee room based. Nice try.

Is that a Joke? Do you think "the vaad" isn't very very aware of what's going on? (and even implied to some extent)

My earlier "assumptions" seem to be true.  You are either affiliated with them, or stragglers up clueless.

Let's start with this -  do you know who the vaad members are? And what they do by profession? (which will help you understand what they gain from being on the vaad)
I have no idea when you landed here, but you clearly don't have any appreciation for the fact that these veteran askonim were chosen by and for the roshei yeshiva, and were relied upon and trusted by the entire community for everything until a few short years ago.

The way they are spoken about online and twitter as if they are some kind of evil cabal of thieves is just ludicrous.
(If you really actually do know these people personally (as you seem to be implying,) you sound even more ridiculous.)

You seem to buy into this negative mindset hook line and sinker.  You also think that AK is an evil sinister mafia boss who is secretly stealing our tax money to buy matzos for yeshivalight or some other ridiculous conspiracy.

Pathetic.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:48:09 PM by churnbabychurn »

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »
I'm going to say something very unpopular.

Yidden need an affordable place where to live. They chose Lakewood and Monsey for many good reasons.

You are opposed to it? Tough luck on you. Don't be so selfish. BP infrastructure is way more strained and everyone understands that more condos are needed despite that. Everyone is living just well. The others are moving to Monsey and Lakewood due to cost of living.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
Oy.  You seem to be terribly confused.

"the yeshiva" that didn't want seats in the restaurants was the roshie yeshiva

When people refer to "bmg" when they talk about housing/development/money, they aren't referring to R' Yeruchem, and R' Dovid.

I'll leave you with that.
You have about 20 years of catching up to do.
So who and what exactly are you referring to when you repeatedly bash yeshiva?

Offline takebacklakewood

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2016, 12:53:35 PM »

Yidden need an affordable place where to live. They chose Lakewood and Monsey for many good reasons.

You are opposed to it? Tough luck on you. Don't be so selfish. BP infrastructure is way more strained and everyone understands that more condos are needed despite that. Everyone is living just well. The others are moving to Monsey and Lakewood due to cost of living.
Okay, I've gotten this argument.

An email I got a few weeks ago said:

I hope you understand that every Yiddisha home is literally קודש קדשים. So one lakewood house equals 2 קדשי קדושים along with their 4 minivans.
Good luck on your upcoming יום הדין.

My response:
100%. I love every yid and their kodesh kodoshim. And there is a house for every yid. But should it all be on one block? Obviously not. How about all in one neighborhood? Again of course not. All in one city? Hmm, If there was indeed no where else to live then maybe. There is so much space in the surrounding communities. Lakewood can spread out and we can have thriving attached communities in Brick, Toms River, Howell, Jackson and then when those fill we can move on to the towns beyond that.

Why must every house be in squeezed into a small area?

I've gotten dozens of emails telling me that I'm doing a tremendous mitzvah and that this will help people who spend their day stuck in traffic unable to get their heiligeh yingelach to cheder on time and unable to get to seder on time because they are sitting in traffic. I get emails from people who tell me that their parnassah is suffering tremendously from all of the traffic that makes them unable to get to their appointments and hard for people to get to their businesses.

And lastly, there are laws that were created for a reason. The world is not hefker to do whatever you want. If someone wants to move here? Kol Hakavod!! There are hundreds of houses available on the market and thousands more in the pipeline. Additionally, you can buy an existing house and if you want you can even knock it down. If your lot is zoned for duplexes you can even knock one house down and build 2 houses (yes with 4 families, 4 mini vans and 4 sedans) and hopefully none of the yingelach will get run over while playing in their busy driveway. But that is only if the law allows for it. Don't knock down the  one house and try to build a whole block of houses so that you can profit X 1,000 at the expense of all of the neighbors on the block. And then cry to the township that they have to grant you a dozen variances just so that you can squeeze a dozen houses into a tiny space so that the kids have no where to play.

The fact is that there are now 115K residents in Lakewood and it's getting more and more gridlocked and everyone's quality of life is going down. Why must we congest it more until it is just as bad as Brooklyn? Even if you want to be connected to the Lakewood community, there are now 4 other towns that you can live in and have your kids in Lakewood schools and shop in Lakewood stores etc.

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
So who and what exactly are you referring to when you repeatedly bash yeshiva?
I don't think it's a matter of bashing Yeshiva. I think it is just that the interests of Yeshiva and the regular guy living in LW are not aligned. Yes we are makir tov to the Yeshiva, without them this town would not exist. But a what point do we say they are overusing this hakoras hatov and the town has to take the interest of all people into consedaration.
Jack Of All & Master Of All

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »

What about satmar and belz? They are fully capable of starting thier own community in a random part of NJ -  where prices would be way cheaper than LKWD. 

(It's been done before in the chasidish world)