Author Topic: Trying to figure out the/a catch - can anyone figure this out?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ww.themepark greatdeals.co

Promises to send you the eticket day of visit, and you pay the next day into his account. (He claims to not take paypal due to too much fraud)...seems illegit, but can't figure out for sure....but how can I lose?(except a gas tank of travel and time). Website only registered for obo 5 months

When I emailed them, and asked how they dont get scammed, they replied
Oh I do there's been a few "brave people" but as soon as they dont pay, local police enforcement is knocking at their door step, with a police report and of to court we go and of course me having all the proof they pay more then triple the amount they had to pay me plus court fee :-)

just dont get it - rule of too good to be true applies, but whats incentive to scam you(some sort of id theft?)  They request name address and fone number.  Also, because so new, doesnt google.

Offline jack12

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
Re: Trying to figure out the/a catch - can anyone figure this out?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
I would stay far far away.

There are a bunch of spelling/grammar mistakes on the site.

More importantly, I looked up on whitepages.com the names, addresses and phone #'s that he has on his black list page and not a single one matched up

website was registered on 12-06-2010 and on the feedback page, they have a bunch of people who left feedback on 12-05-2010

seems very fishy...

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »
So paypal causes scams... and INSTEAD he'll give you the item without immediate payment!?! Dunno what the catch is but make sure you don't become his catch!

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
So paypal causes scams... and INSTEAD he'll give you the item without immediate payment!?! Dunno what the catch is but make sure you don't become his catch!
credit for line. It is commonly known however, that paypal can propogate scams because you sell something and customer denies reciept thereof, and money gets frozen, and often the dispute can be found in favor of the buyer...google around...I know people who personally have had a rough time of paypal..That being said, I have no interest in being his catch...but how would I get caught???other than showing up without a ticket?? -that's what I'm trying to figure out...

Above point about lack of addresses on whitepages - good point...explainable obviously, but more red flags....feedback a kicker though - saw that last night - and really bugged me out too? Unless used to have a different domain and carried over and edited date???smellsss...

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »
credit for line. It is commonly known however, that paypal can propogate scams because you sell something and customer denies reciept thereof, and money gets frozen, and often the dispute can be found in favor of the buyer...google around...I know people who personally have had a rough time of paypal..That being said, I have no interest in being his catch...but how would I get caught???other than showing up without a ticket?? -that's what I'm trying to figure out...

Above point about lack of addresses on whitepages - good point...explainable obviously, but more red flags....feedback a kicker though - saw that last night - and really bugged me out too? Unless used to have a different domain and carried over and edited date???smellsss...
If his method of payment involves a bank account, he may be able to repeat the payment until your account is dry
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
looks really bad.
I assume that shortly they will be offering $ for anyone you refer to the site.  ;D