Author Topic: Best way to hit the spending limits in first 3 months?  (Read 12866 times)

Offline VermiciousKnish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Best way to hit the spending limits in first 3 months?
« on: December 06, 2016, 01:09:24 PM »
New user here and trying to figure out the best way to hit the spending limits for my first 2 new cards in order to get the bonuses. I tried creating a paypal account and figured I can use this to pay my rent but Paypal blocked the charge because their algorithm deemed it suspicious. What other methods can I use to generate spending? I don't have any real large purchases to make right now. Can I pay a friend?

Offline yakov116

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to hit the spending limits in first 3 months?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
New user here and trying to figure out the best way to hit the spending limits for my first 2 new cards in order to get the bonuses. I tried creating a paypal account and figured I can use this to pay my rent but Paypal blocked the charge because their algorithm deemed it suspicious. What other methods can I use to generate spending? I don't have any real large purchases to make right now. Can I pay a friend?
The best way is to READ BEFORE OPENING A NEW THREAD!!!!

Start with "Start here"
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline emjee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »
Welcome to ddf ! You might get some slack for opening a new thread without reading a little through the forums here . Don't take it personal.
There are ways to do it pretty easily depending in how much you gotta spend. PayPal isn't the only option.

Offline VermiciousKnish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
Welcome to ddf ! You might get some slack for opening a new thread without reading a little through the forums here . Don't take it personal.
There are ways to do it pretty easily depending in how much you gotta spend. PayPal isn't the only option.

Mind sharing that? Honestly, this site is a beast and I don't have hours and hours to sift through it. If someone can direct me or send me a link on what to read that would help a bit. The start here post is monstrous.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 02:27:14 PM »

Mind sharing that? Honestly, this site is a beast and I don't have hours and hours to sift through it. If someone can direct me or send me a link on what to read that would help a bit. The start here post is monstrous.
If you're not going to take the time to read the posts that are specifically for beginners, why should people go out of their way to direct you to the information you want?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline VermiciousKnish

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 02:44:23 PM »
If you're not going to take the time to read the posts that are specifically for beginners, why should people go out of their way to direct you to the information you want?

Chessed I guess? I'm sorry Moshe but I'm not in yeshiva and don't have hours and hours at my disposal to sift through thousands of threads.

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »
Chessed I guess? I'm sorry Moshe but I'm not in yeshiva and don't have hours and hours at my disposal to sift through thousands of threads.
Then we dont even has a few seconds to explain you since we are all in yeshiva

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »
New user here and trying to figure out the best way to hit the spending limits for my first 2 new cards in order to get the bonuses.
send your wife to the mall.

Offline Yankee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 02:51:40 PM »
Then we dont even has a few seconds to explain you since we are all in yeshiva

But you have a few seconds to berate a newcomer?  Reeeeellaaaaaaxxxx yourselves...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »
You guys are brutal.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:03 PM »
You guys are brutal.
Who's being brutal? I'm usually very helpful when people come and ask for help. What I don't like is when someone says that they don't want to put in any time or effort into reading anything, they just want everything handed to them from the people who have spent many countless hours putting in the time it takes to learn these things. On top of that, he has to come out and insult me, make assumptions about me and assume that he's better than me and deserves to be fed information because "he's not in yeshiva" and doesn't have time for this.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »

You can ask here
Questions and Help for BEGINNERS
Also its really not that incredibly tough to spend 3 minutes reading the wiki over here
New Here? Read This DDF Tutorial Before Posting

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
But you have a few seconds to berate a newcomer?  Reeeeellaaaaaaxxxx yourselves...
Joined 5 years before I did and still a newcomer?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dr Moose

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 02:58:23 PM »
send your wife to the mall.
+1

Spending money for a threshold is the easiest thing ever.

Although, paying it back is a little harder. Though I don't think about that. Just like I got 2 cards without thinking how I'll even reach the threshold.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline yakov116

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »
Ok i have a few seconds now

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 02:59:03 PM »

It's not just a few minutes. There are many basic concepts that you need to first learn. Many of us here aren't in Yeshiva, so asking someone to spend a long time doing one on one to teach you the basics isn't a fair request. It also won't earn you too many points here to make comments like I'm not Yeshivah like you guys... even if it was said as a joke. The threads for beginners are there for a reason, if you aren't willing to invest the minimal effort necessary to learn the ropes, then most here won't even try to help you.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 03:00:14 PM »
It's not just a few minutes. There are many basic concepts that you need to first learn. Many of us here aren't in Yeshiva, so asking someone to spend a long time doing one on one to teach you the basics isn't a fair request. It also won't earn you too many points here to make comments like I'm not Yeshivah like you guys... even if it was said as a joke. The threads for beginners are there for a reason, if you aren't willing to invest the minimal effort necessary to learn the ropes, then most here won't even try to help you.
Exactly, thank you.

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »
Have you tried calling paypal?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »
Who's being brutal? I'm usually very helpful when people come and ask for help. What I don't like is when someone says that they don't want to put in any time or effort into reading anything, they just want everything handed to them from the people who have spent many countless hours putting in the time it takes to learn these things. On top of that, he has to come out and insult me, make assumptions about me and assume that he's better than me and deserves to be fed information because "he's not in yeshiva" and doesn't have time for this.
Agreed. It doesn't help that he is being very obnoxious about it.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Yankee123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 03:04:44 PM »
Joined 5 years before I did and still a newcomer?

Aside from the fact he has barely any activity on the forums, perhaps new to the "game".

Either way, I agree that ppl cant and shouldn't expect to be spoon fed here, but there's a way to relay that message. Or ignore.  We are all Yidden looking to get by - we can be mentsches.

This whole idea of daring to start a thread or ask a Q in the wrong place and get killed for it - is insane.